It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China threatens Australia for investigating origin of COVID 19

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Sure, we don’t want a war with China but China has to be confronted on some level they are starting to fill the NAZI, Stalin position: interning their own citizens for religious beliefs, stealing Tibet (which wasn’t dealt with), threatening all kinds of nations and stealing their water rights, and is an outright surveillance state( though here the US might envy them) and then, whether deliberate or not, this coronavirus-- a total assault on humanity.

If only we had developed some form of partnership to combat it.

I wish someone had thought of that before.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Willtell
Sure, we don’t want a war with China but China has to be confronted on some level they are starting to fill the NAZI, Stalin position: interning their own citizens for religious beliefs, stealing Tibet (which wasn’t dealt with), threatening all kinds of nations and stealing their water rights, and is an outright surveillance state( though here the US might envy them) and then, whether deliberate or not, this coronavirus-- a total assault on humanity.

If only we had developed some form of partnership to combat it.

I wish someone had thought of that before.

Combat what?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Sure soon as you tell me what this quoted statement from you means in the context of the conversation.

Firstly China has the biggest standing army from a long shot, so you got that wrong for a start.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Irishhaf

Heck Russia can project their force better than China and they can barely get beyond about 200 miles from their borders.

*giggles*

Yeah. There we have it, the great threat China in a not so imperialist nutshell. Keep the warmongering coming, guys! Who doesn't enjoy a more goofy cartoonish show at times?

I am almost done with my time in the military and have no interest in entering a regional war of that magnitude, so I am not war mongering.

At this point its debatable if china can even manage to land enough troops in Taiwan to take the island.

Transport, logistics are things that are easy to write about bloody hard to put into practice and unfortunately we have managed to become excellent at those things, China hasent they are not a world wide threat yet but they are hard at work trying to learn so they can do everything people hate America for doing and what they should hate Europe for having done.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Sure soon as you tell me what this quoted statement from you means in the context of the conversation.

Firstly China has the biggest standing army from a long shot, so you got that wrong for a start.

Seriously you do not read! Did you read the quote I was replying to?

Arnie123 said, and I quote

Korea has the worlds largest standing Army

I so my set him straight because he was wrong. So please tell me, what is wrong with me correcting him?

You should really read all of the reply instead of jumping to conclusions.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

China's aggression. Communism. Unsanitary conditions that have global impact.

Take your pick.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Absolutely they have no power to project significant force outside their borders.

Nor do they have a nuclear force large enough to deter a superpower.

We need to formally recognize the real China (Taiwan) instead of this PRC/CCP farce that aggresses against its neighbors (Tibet, Taiwon) and work to hold the communists accountable for what they've done to the world

A pandemic like this is a defect of communism, and would not have started in an open and transparent society

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thier bloated ego's will destroy them from the inside out. The CCP is small compared to the normal working china man/woman. Don't count them out. When You back a person into a corner and threaten the safety of their family and children, the sleeping dog will become a lion. enough lions and its all over. I am surprised china's policy/government has lasted this long

edit : Screw CCP
edit on 29-4-2020 by jlafleur02 because: I edited to say Screw china

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

For active military you would be correct, but when you consider everything North Korea can put into the field vs everything China can North Korea dwarfs chinas military. (Hint north of 6 million paramilitary that would fight if ordered)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well let's see...China on the left hand...US and Britain, S. Korea and Japan on the right hand...

Screw China...

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

For active military you would be correct, but when you consider everything North Korea can put into the field vs everything China can North Korea dwarfs chinas military. (Hint north of 6 million paramilitary that would fight if ordered)

Active armies

China 2,183,000
India 1,444,000
United States 1,400,000
North Korea 1,280,000

China has the biggest population in the world, if China was brought into a world war, which is eould be, sorry but their army, active or not active would dwarf every nation on the planet.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

Well let's see...China on the left hand...US and Britain, S. Korea and Japan on the right hand...

Screw China...

Oh come on! This would be a world war! Amazes armchair soldiers who just cannot understand this!

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Active armies

China 2,183,000
India 1,444,000
United States 1,400,000
North Korea 1,280,000

China has the biggest population in the world, if China was brought into a world war, which is eould be, sorry but their army, active or not active would dwarf every nation on the planet.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but how would China even move that many troops? Where would the war be? I think strangling them economically would bring them to their knees or at least create a reformist revolution? I guess they could lash out against Taiwan? Beyond that, I am thinking they can't project much beyond the South China sea unless they push into Russia or march into the giant "penalty box" that is the middle east?

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole

Active armies

China 2,183,000
India 1,444,000
United States 1,400,000
North Korea 1,280,000

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but how would China even move that many troops? Where would the war be? I think strangling them economically would bring them to their knees or at least create a reformist revolution? I guess they could lash out against Taiwan? Beyond that, I am thinking they can't project much beyond the South China sea unless they push into Russia or march into the giant "penalty box" that is the middle east?

To be honest, I do not know. My concern and worry is a conflict happening because of this. I do not want to see millions of innocent people dying. Sad fact is a lot of people on here cannot tell the difference between an individual and their country. It's the same thing to a lot of people, and sadly, this is the reason we get people talking about war and invasions, and not really thinking about the innocent people.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Screw China...

Oh come on! This would be a world war! Amazes armchair soldiers who just cannot understand this!

China has quantity.

The US has quality.

China will always be behind the United States in everything. Military, AI, robotics...everything. It's because they don't have a culture of encouraging innovation - everything they have has been stolen from other countries.

The PLA would be wiped off the face of the planet in a world war. You want to know why? Because the Chinese people hate the CCP. They would use it as an excuse to start a revolution. Half of their population would use it as an excuse to rise up for democracy.

The only thing China is good at is cyber warfare and taking out combat command stations. It's one of the reasons why Australia is developing Plan Jericho - which is what the US JEDI system will be when Amazon finally gives up their stupid court actions - a fully integrated, whole of military, AI augmented approach to battlefield tactics that doesn't rely on one central command.

Couple that with Boeing Phantom Works' AI powered UAV that can fly alongside F-35 and other aircraft that is being built at the moment in Australia, and I'd back an allied force of the US, UK and Australia against China any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Let's put it this way: China has to pursue building a 6th generation fighter jet because their 5th generation fighter isn't as good as the F-22 Raptor. Their jet will be online in the 2030s...when the F-22 is 40 years old. And the US is building a new jet to replace the F-22 soon. It'll probably be fitted with scramjets and operate in LEO or something crazy.

That's how far behind China is when it comes to military tech. So as long as I've got a decentralised combat command that can be accessed from multiple locations (say, from the new Starlink array of satellites), I'm taking Team Blue.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OsirianObsidian

Screw China...

China has quantity.

The US has quality.

China will always be behind the United States in everything. Military, AI, robotics...everything. It's because they don't have a culture of encouraging innovation - everything they have has been stolen from other countries.

The PLA would be wiped off the face of the planet in a world war. You want to know why? Because the Chinese people hate the CCP. They would use it as an excuse to start a revolution. Half of their population would use it as an excuse to rise up for democracy.

The only thing China is good at is cyber warfare and taking out combat command stations. It's one of the reasons why Australia is developing Plan Jericho - which is what the US JEDI system will be when Amazon finally gives up their stupid court actions - a fully integrated, whole of military, AI augmented approach to battlefield tactics that doesn't rely on one central command.

Couple that with Boeing Phantom Works' AI powered UAV that can fly alongside F-35 and other aircraft that is being built at the moment in Australia, and I'd back an allied force of the US, UK and Australia against China any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Let's put it this way: China has to pursue building a 6th generation fighter jet because their 5th generation fighter isn't as good as the F-22 Raptor. Their jet will be online in the 2030s...when the F-22 is 40 years old. And the US is building a new jet to replace the F-22 soon. It'll probably be fitted with scramjets and operate in LEO or something crazy.

That's how far behind China is when it comes to military tech. So as long as I've got a decentralised combat command that can be accessed from multiple locations (say, from the new Starlink array of satellites), I'm taking Team Blue.

Jesus! I never brought this up to somehow convince people that China would beat America in a war. Firstly, if it was just China and America, of course America wins that war. No one could compete with America in that aspect.

But we are talking about two of the biggest superpowers in the world. Both of these super powers have nukes. Both of these super powers have allies. It would be WW3 no doubt about it.

My point is, when are people going to bloody learn that we are brainwashed and manipalated to believe that this is ok? It's not ok.

We have people talking about wars and invasions lime it's a bloody videogame or a movie. It's not a videogame or a movie. We are talking about millions apon millions of innocent lives lost. All for what, a small percentage of the population (Governments)

It's just frustrating that even though we have advanced in the technical sense, our way of thinking has not changed in thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A few facts and points relating to certain themes enumerated lately

China did build a hospital in 10 days

China is not even communist anymore just an undemocratic super capitalist dictatorship

China goes on the principle that the Chinese communist party is God-like.

China just has only 300 nuclear weapons to the US’s just over 6000

edit on 29-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: toolgal462

This is incredibly naive thinking.

The Chinese control over 1 trillion dollars in US debt. The Chinese control nearly all rare earth minerals. The Chinese have more wealthy people than the US. The Chinese have a corporate espionage capability that's arguable better than any country in the world.

The PLA is twice the size of all US military assets combined. They also maintain an arsenal of nuclear weapons including about 30 mapped Dongfeng 5 ICBM launch facilities.

Fighting China is a huge mistake that would likely end the world as we know it.

Someone who speaks a lot of sense!
Jay, he has not displayed any kinda of sense, and neither have you.

You're ideologically naive and that school girl persepctive doesn't work in reality, the cold cruel hard world. China doesn't care about you or your family.

Its hard to debate with patriot fanatics, but I have to ask. You really think your government care about and and your family? Do you think they care if you live or die? Of course they do not!

It's naive to think that human beings should just let these sociopaths do what they do! Yes, we know that most of the population are conditioned and brainwashed to be patriotic for their country, but now we are seeing people, in this day and age, look at their leaders as mini Gods!

It's worrying indeed!
Oh, you found ONE point to argue and even then, meaningless.

Without force projection capabilities, majority of manufacturing capacity centered on their easily targeted coastal region and a couple dredged up islands serving as speedbumps, this will devolve into a war of attrition.

Point is, we're not the ones claiming vast lands beyond their reach into disputed territories from neighboring countries and creating artifical islands, causing chaos with their militant "fishing boats", something you've yet to admit and conveniently ignore, lol.

Sorry bro, you can't put enough make up on that broad to changer her look.

As for my Government caring? About my "best" education? My "best" health an well being? Plentiful food for my family? NOPE.
However, because of the nature of our society, they shouldn't have to as we work for our needs, we provide our children with the means and motivation to strive for the best. The Gov and State simply provide the basic minimum and safety nets to ensure we can get by.
Because the truth is, Yes, the Goverment cares "enough" to keep us alive as we are the ones that provide it power, same for Patriotism and Nationalism, which serves as a multipler, because it's what Humans do, take pride in their "groups", "tribes", "clans".
Honestly, Bad Politicians is what creates rot and decay within the system.

You just think one dimensionally.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Oh, you found ONE point to argue and even then, meaningless.

Well, you were wrong.

Without force projection capabilities, majority of manufacturing capacity centered on their easily targeted coastal region and a couple dredged up islands serving as speedbumps, this will devolve into a war of attrition.

Obviously you are excited about a prospect of a war (most arm chair soldiers are) but you are completly missing the point. We are talking about the two biggest super powers in the world. Both have allies. This would be WW3, simple as that.

Point is, we're not the ones claiming vast lands beyond their reach into disputed territories from neighboring countries and creating artifical islands, causing chaos with their militant "fishing boats", something you've yet to admit and conveniently ignore, lol.

Are you normally a hypocrite? What I cannot stand is someone who completly ignores their own governments horrors, while pointing their finger at other countries. But this is what fanatical patriots do. Not just you, but fanatical patriots in other countries too. How else do these governments get away with it? Because their people are doing the same thing you are, and that is pointing the finger at other governments, while ignoring what your own government has done.

Also, people like you often look at other countries, esp non ally countries, as if they have no individual people living there. It's live you cannot distinquish givernment from its people, hence the reason you would not care if millions of innocent chinese people died in a conflict, because to you, they are not real.

It's a vicious circle!

As for my Government caring? About my "best" education?

So everyone in your country gets the best education? And this means that your givernment cares about you lol All they care about is making sure you are in line eith the other sheep.

My "best" health an well being?

Yeah, as long as you have the money to pay for it. Let's be honest here!

Plentiful food for my family? 

So, people in China are starving? Anyways, how the hell does that prove your government cares about you?

NOPE.
However, because of the nature of our society, they shouldn't have to as we work for our needs, we provide our children with the means and motivation to strive for the best.

Just like every person and every parent in every country, so what is your point? All this does not mean your government cares for you. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to do and stay patriotic, they do mot care.

Because the truth is, Yes, the Goverment cares "enough" to keep us alive as we are the ones that provide it power

You hit the nail on the head. Well dine, you are half awake and there is hope for you!

Truth is, your government do not give a crap about you or your family. They do not care if you live or die. All they care about is control and power, and keeping that control and power over it's people.

same for Patriotism and Nationalism, which serves as a multipler, because it's what Humans do, take pride in their "groups", "tribes", "clans".

No, patrioism and nationalism has been a tool used for thousands of years to control their people.
Patrioism and nationalism means governments can get away with what they do because the people of that country have been brainwashed to think that way.

Honestly, Bad Politicians is what creates rot and decay within the system.

Well, people vote idiots like Trump and Boris Johnson into power. Why is that? Because we have been brainwashed to choose one from the other, even if we hate both of them.

You just think one dimensionally.

lol hardly! I just have my eyes open and see things the way they are. I am not blinded by patrioism and the love of my country. I see the human race as a whole, trying to get by in a world controlled by power hungry sociopaths.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It would shrink faster than any nation also, considering such a war would 100% go nuclear with a likely surprise very successful first strike by US against China. Our boomers can put an SLBM anywhere in China within a matter of minutes, faster than they can react in any meaningful way they'd lose 80+% of their already dismal nuclear force and military assets

I truly believe we can win a nuclear war. And unlike all those others you rattled off, the United States has PROVEN it has the will to deploy nuclear weapons in warfare.

Just try us, China. Full spectrum dominance is just what it sounds like. That includes full spectrum dominance over China. If they want to challenge that, fine, but they better show up ready for a real fight.
edit on 4/29/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join