It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China threatens Australia for investigating origin of COVID 19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I wouldn't worry much... Its not like the POTUS would just turn a blind eye when China start's "threatening" the US's most notoriously loyal ally.

Oh, hold on a second, I forgot we're talking about Trump here... yeah, not only would he not have our backs. But he'd probably happily throw us under the bus, without hesitation.

Australia is obviously on its own at this point.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I believe we should reconize Tibet and Tiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong as sovereign nation's and don't pay China back the debt they buy from us! Investigate the theft of our intellectual property and put a stop to it! and make sure the only product's we purchase from China are the kind we get from the dollar store! we also have to limit the amount of deal's our politician's can make with China! we need to update loyality oath's so as to avoid conflicts of interest of business's and political leader's of the USA! AND Limit China from buying up property here, this would send the message we are taking away China's influence on our Country, also a big show from our military in the south China sea1 It would lead to war but this is going to be a bigger struggle then we had with the USSR! Communism is evil and has to go for the sake of humanity

link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

So, what happens when the inevitable American congressional investigation comes about?

Have you not been paying attention , Any American congressional investigation will solely focus on how Trumps response was at fault... The origins of the Kung Flu will not be under their "Purview" .

Unless the American congressional investigation has full access to China, it would be pretty damn hard to make any kind of legally binding conclusions

link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
We are already bought and paid for mate, Dastyari was just the tip of the iceberg and was thrown under the bus to cover the rest of the traitorous crooks who have sold the Country off to China.

Dastyari ( www.theguardian.com... )

The day will come when we are in a hot war with China and they will have to be stopped, hopefully Trump is gone by that time and we may get some backup with a President that isn't a total moron. We are presently in 1936-7 with China on an expansion footing like Japan was back then. Russia will turn on them though and the Western Alliance will attack them from all sides and bring the CCP to its knees pretty quickly once China shows its real face and stops acting like its playing out the Art of War by Sun Tzu.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I doubt that highly.

Trump wants to beat Reagan. He really does.

What would Ronald Reagan do? Yeah, we know what Reagan would do.

The Soviets were #ting in their pants when Reagan was in office. Watch a few documentaries about it.

I do not believe Trump would hesitate to lay waste to the Chicoms if they become aggressive.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

we have many venomous and lethal creatures, we are not afraid.

In the schoolyard we stand up to bullies, and if get knocked down in a fight, we come up swinging, just like the sydney funnel web spider-if you give it a bug spray it only pisses them off.

Chinese restaurants have already been targeted, there is talk of militia-but if they want to economically try to screw us fine-we'll take our business elsewhere.

China's cookie will crumble.

I don't know that the guy running a Chinese restaurant has anything to do with the Chinese govt, I would not boycott that. Now a company like Huawei..you bet.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I wouldn't worry much... Its not like the POTUS would just turn a blind eye when China start's "threatening" the US's most notoriously loyal ally.

Oh, hold on a second, I forgot we're talking about Trump here... yeah, not only would he not have our backs. But he'd probably happily throw us under the bus, without hesitation.

You are making it sound like China has “threatened” all out war when in reality it’s only a possible boycott of goods.
Not defending China but it’s ridiculous to bring Trump’s name into this because.....Orange Man Bad Down Under
FFS??

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth
What do you want trump to do ? Invade China ? It’s sad that you need the USA to do your guys bidding for you.
China makes almost everything with slave labor . That’s how our rulers make trillions . I’m not sure that’s going to change . It’s the same thing with illegal aliens. Cheap labor , I seriously wouldn’t look for those two things to change because that’s the way they want it . You could start making everything here but you’re going to have to seriously, majorly, completely overhaul all branches of gov

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
They have already threatened the US. They were threatening to withhold meds.

CCP can bend over and kiss their asses good bye when things sort itself out they are done for.

I agree. This needs to be the end of China as a superpower. They can have their own little communist world with North Korea. The rest of the world willbe better off with a virtual Great Wall around China. Nothing in or out. They canprovide for themselves as can the rest of us.

I'm willing to partake in a decade or hard work and lean times - as an individual and a nation, to rebuild a better world, no longer tethered to China's slave nation.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the many great responses...

The Chinese are a great people. My last two doctors have been excellent Chinese doctors.

This is NOT about our Chinese friends who are hardworking and honest people but the Chinese Communist government that has unfortunately become a tyrannical bully.

Well, as they have always said, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

If China made a mistake and something got out of the lab or erred in the initial response people have to know and have every right for all kinds of reasons to find out the truth without being intimidated. China would have felt the same way had another country been the apparent origin of this terrible virus.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well World wide citizens follow the advice and make all your purchases based on what is best for you, your neighbourhood, your state/province/region/county and your country

China has 1.4 billion people the world has 6.3 billion people do we really really need to buy from 1 place?
edit on 28-4-2020 by puzzled2 because: spells

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That is generally the reaction of a guilty party.
In this case, The Chinese Communist Party.
This is a serious matter.
If and when this fire is put out,
then it will be time to find the arsonist.
The investigation has already begun,
but will continue in earnest in time.
S&F

edit on 27-4-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Add line

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

You're absolutely right.

I mean this is serious stuff. I know some think this is not as bad as it is and is being overplayed by the MSM. Well, the MSM ALWAYS going tabloid will embellish bad news. But even the skeptics will acknowledge this is a serious issue in terms of life and death and health issues and economic issues and should be studied from top to bottom.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

The day will come when we are in a hot war with China and they will have to be stopped

They will really never be any weaker than they are right now.

Not just due to the virus. Because they grow stronger every day.

The US and China battle everyday in cyberspace and I would think on a few other fronts as well.

edit on 27-4-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

funnel web spider

Yeah, I know it's off topic but thanks for that tip. I'd never heard of it so checked it out. Pretty cool little creatures and I'm glad I don't have to worry about coming across one in a dark alley.

Funny things happen in threads sometimes. Some little off hand remark gets someone going in a totally different direction.

Pretty cool, if you ask me. Anyway, resume discussion.

ETA: Figured I could add two cents to the discussion.

I mean this is serious stuff. I know some think this is not as bad as it is and is being overplayed by the MSM. Well, the MSM ALWAYS going tabloid will embellish bad news. But even the skeptics will acknowledge this is a serious issue in terms of life and death and health issues and economic issues and should be studied from top to bottom.

I'd imagine, at the very least, that medicine will soon start to be produced here in the USA instead of China. The problems are evident right now and the politicians know it so it will, somehow, change. But that doesn't just affect China, it hurts India as well as they not only produce many medicines we use but they get the raw goods from China.

So, yeah, things need to change but what will change and how is still up in the air. Lots of paths that can be taken so we will just have to wait and see which path our idiot governors will take. They'll probably get it wrong but hey, that's what they are paid to do.
edit on 4/28/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Australia is a great country. great country. a country that is great. Believe me the worst thing we could do is interfere with Australian and China relations, worst thing. They need to sort out their own problems, If war is declared between these two countries then maybe this is a good thing , a very good thing.

Good things like this are a blessing in disguise. a disguised blessing. We need to asses the outcome before making a decision on our response.

Aussies we have fought in every American War, we cannot trust Trump.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Seems to me that the CCP have something to hide... coz if they didn't, they surely wouldn't mind some investigating, then we can all read about them being so innocent and that it was/is a virus coming from bats in the wild and not from a lab.

If they refuse investigating, the World will assume...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Whelp, it looks like the CCP leaked private conversations from Australian public servents.

The Chinese aren't interested in your resistence, they want to bend the Aussies to their will, they are within "their" side of the globe after all.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I would withdraw recognition of the People’s Republic of China as the legitimate state of China and instead recognise the Republic of China.

That would rile them up.

Yes - but also, officially recognize Taiwan as not only an independent, sovereign nation, but also a formal ally of the USA.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The US wouldn't sacrifice Australia.. If China did a move like that multiple nuclear nations would step in.. because thats a massively destabilising move by China and if it were allowed then the entire Asian sphere instantly falls to China without a bullet.

China will be punished... but other nations will take on China's financial wrath as return punishment

Australia needs to take its medicine in that regard..they indulged in outsourcing all their jobs and buying in bulk from china, at the cost of local employment and pay... Australia's wrath will be trade and education, mainly mining (Iron Ore) and also China's $$s to uni's!

In Western Australia, you can buy a brick and tile home on a block of land 5 minutes from the beach $150,000 US... I'm betting they'll drop another 50% when China shuts the miners down!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join