It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Ramadan 2020/1441

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So in many parts of the world, today was the first day of the month of Ramadan, where muslims traditionally begin fasting from dawn to sunset every day for a month.

We're in troubled times, so stay safe, everyone, and if you're not feeling well, definitely don't fast, and we'll probably have to skip congregational prayers in the mosques.
So whether you're quarantined at home with family and friends, stuck physically isolated (but hopefully digitally with friends and family), or sacrificing for us all on the front lines in essential services or healthcare, wishing you all a happy Ramadan!

As long as your stable in life and not in financial danger, this should be an easier Ramadan (at least physically), what with working from home, but spare a thought for those people who go hungry not by choice, but by necessity, and do your part to donate and share food, supplies or money to those in need in your neighbourhoods.

Ramadan Kareem to all!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi
Happy Ramadan to you, from a Christian friend đź‘Ť

Any recipe you'd like to share ?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So why 2020/1441, is that the time of Muhammad’s birth/death or something. Not sure what Ramadan celebrates but, hope it’s enjoyable for everyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
Thank you!

As for a recipe, something I enjoy is a bit of a sugar-bomb of a dish, a sort of fruit salad I use to open my fast:
Chop up whatever fruit you have (today I used bananas, apples, guava and grapes), make a mixture of orange juice with sugar, salt and pepper to taste (whether you want it on the sweeter end, the tangier end or the saltier end), and combine the chopped up fruit with the mixture. Fruit salad!

a reply to: Raggedyman
Hey Raggedyman, been a while. How are you?
The Islamic calendar starts from the year that the muslims originally migrated from Mecca, where they were persecuted, to Yathrib/Medina, where they were able to practice their religion more freely. It's not related to Muhammad's birth or death.

The month of Ramadan doesn't really celebrate any specific thing, it's just a month for prayer, reflection and togetherness, which makes it a bit odder this year. At the end of Ramadan, however, after a month of fasts, there is a celebratory feast. You might see a post from me here at that point!

edit on 24-4-2020 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Muhammed Ramadan, nice of ya ta reach out to everybody...cool
edit on 24-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Good advice…

It’s great to see different people of the world coming together, irrespective of their beliefs and religions…

Happy Ramadan babloyi

- JC

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Who cares. Flame me if you must.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
When I was living in Malaysia the conclusion of Ramadan 'holiday' roughly coincided with Chinese New Year, so there was about a 2 month celebration which went from the end of Dec through mid Feb which kind of covered Christmas, Chinese New Year and holiday at the end of Ramadan. I always thought that was kind of neat.

Plus, it was the only time you really saw any color other than green!

top topics

join