It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet cats test positive in New York

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
bbc

Two pet cats have tested positive for coronavirus in New York state, the first pets in the US to contract the infection, say officials.

The felines, which are based in two different parts of New York state, both had mild respiratory symptoms, but are expected to recover.

Scientists think it unlikely that a pet could transmit coronavirus to a person.

Previously, seven lions and tigers at the Bronx Zoo tested positive for the virus.

The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) made the announcement about the two household cats on Wednesday.

One of the pets was tested when it showed signs of respiratory illness after its owner tested positive.

The other cat's owners had not been tested for coronavirus.

There have been limited, isolated cases of pets catching coronavirus , but the two New York cats are the first to test positive in the US.

None of the pets that have caught the virus have become seriously ill. Scientists are investigating why.

The CDC has recommended that pet owners should not let pets interact with other people or animals outside their household.

It's disturbing that scientists give out advice based on there being ' no evidence ' .
It's a recidivist trait of specially chosen experts who are prepared to tell media what they want to be disseminated .

In this case linked from the source article you have the vetinary association saying there's ' not any case'
that shows ' pets 'can transmit Corona to humans ( aka there's no evidence therefore don't worry about it. Bullsnip . If you can give it to a cat , a cat can give it to you . Prove its not , don't tell us it's not proven so it can't happen , we re not buying dodgy product .
edit on 22-4-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Funny...
I had a closing thought in my mind last night before going to bed about what could they push NEXT to keep us cowering in fear and what came to mind was "pets can become infected or become carriers".

/irony

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Maybe the rabies and distemper shots help them to overcome it; That and they lay in the sun and sleep like 18 hours a day😸

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
bbc

Two pet cats have tested positive for coronavirus in New York state, the first pets in the US to contract the infection, say officials.

The felines, which are based in two different parts of New York state, both had mild respiratory symptoms, but are expected to recover.

Scientists think it unlikely that a pet could transmit coronavirus to a person.

Previously, seven lions and tigers at the Bronx Zoo tested positive for the virus.

The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) made the announcement about the two household cats on Wednesday.

One of the pets was tested when it showed signs of respiratory illness after its owner tested positive.

The other cat's owners had not been tested for coronavirus.

There have been limited, isolated cases of pets catching coronavirus , but the two New York cats are the first to test positive in the US.

None of the pets that have caught the virus have become seriously ill. Scientists are investigating why.

The CDC has recommended that pet owners should not let pets interact with other people or animals outside their household.

It's disturbing that scientists give out advice based on there being ' no evidence ' .
It's a recidivist trait of specially chosen experts who are prepared to tell media what they want to be disseminated .

Maybe the cats are residue of the cats the feds bought out of Wuhan in 2015...the same period that international coronovirus /horseshoe bat experiment was going on.

It doesn't seem to say which virus stream it was, A, B or C.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

It's a zoonotic disease . They'd prefer to tell you you CANT be infected by animals when it is rather likely that you CAN
Look at things upside down and backwards and as ironic all you like its what we re here for after all .

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So if the virus travels through pretty much anything, then we will all have it inevitably.

Lets all go back to our GOD DAMN lives and let the herd immunity take action.

It’s all Bullsh!t!

I’ve been saying this since the beginning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My doggo has his corona virus shots.
Before the flu panicdemic.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
My doggo has his corona virus shots.
Before the flu panicdemic.

Well, there you go then! Mystery solved. Maggy was just getting her Covid-19 shots and wasn't abducted by the greys...Sneaky cat.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Was it "Coronavirus," "SARS-CoV-2", or "covid19"?

Article says "Coronavirus," with the frequently unspoken implication that they are all the same thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Send the covid-19 cats and dogs to the hospital ship Comfort docked in New York. It's remained 90% empty since it got there.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

So if the virus travels through pretty much anything, then we will all have it inevitably.

Lets all go back to our GOD DAMN lives and let the herd immunity take action.

It’s all Bullsh!t!

I’ve been saying this since the beginning.

Let's all get it at the same time!

Genius idea..

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Send the covid-19 cats and dogs to the hospital ship Comfort docked in New York. It's remained 90% empty since it got there.

That's a good thing.
edit on 22-4-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Weren't we discussing this a month ago?

This is not new news. Why are they making it so?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Sheltered at home for weeks at a time....

link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Hospital capacity has been beefed up. There are plenty of vents. Doctors are familiar with the virus now, it has been months. It is a lot less scary now. It is stupid to keep people locked up.

We are all going to get it and a lot more than we thought have already had the China Bug. We bought the time we needed. Doesn't mean anyone has to go outside now, if they don't want to. Just stay at home.

I made a choice to keep working months ago. I could of self isolated if I wanted to. Have not regretted it yet. I work with 6 other people and none of us has got the virus yet (that we know of).

link   
They need to test all felines so they can find a cure !!! 😎

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: carewemust

That's a good thing.

New York can turn the USNS Comfort into a pet hospital!

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Fear, born of stupidity.

It's Old News

Coronaviruses are readily transmitted across species. This phenomenon was illustrated when the SARS-coronavirus crossed species from bats to intermediate hosts, such as palm civets, and then to humans. It also explains the large number of species, including humans, that are infected with viruses closely related to bovine coronavirus

link   
Really who cares if cats get it, dogs or everything alive. I think most people are getting sick of this constant panic and would just rather get the damn virus already and get it over with. With that said, this sounds shoddy anyway. There's no possible way any "experts" can sit there and tell me that these are the "first pet cases having COVID19 in the U.S.". Sounds like total BS to me. All this while we're supposed to believe these "tests" are even remotely reliable anyway?

I believe the tests have been showing ALL viruses as COVID19 because whatever happened in China isn't happening here IMO. Let's not even bother talking about heart attacks etc being tagged as COVID19 related deaths.

It's time people realize the panic has gone TOO FAR. If it's THIS obvious, then it's pretty reasonable to say it's on PURPOSE.
edit on 22-4-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You know what I think so , I think I brought that thread as well. May have been just one cat but this says two cats and showing symptoms . Another odd thing , the links in the source article are frozen , they don't link - is that the case for you as well ?

Two more odd things this news disappeared from BBC list the Google page ' news' and then came back .
Also the edit of this post twice returned a titled but blank page for this thread .
Possibly this news is creating a stir in some quarters .
The ' old news ' linked above by the poster which replied to you basically proves the case . You can get Corona off a cat a dog a rabbit a mouse a cow etc.
The fact will be the news mongers will be unsettled about that and they're ( bva etc )caught out talking deceitful # on the BBC is the drawn notion . Also that it necessarily came from bats on a Wuhan seafood market that doesn't sell bats is a problem too isn't it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join