It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump announces suspension of immigration to 'protect jobs' amid the pandemic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I just read that there will be exemptions for several fields. I didn't see exemptions specifically mentioned for medical personnel but I am sure they will be on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
As a temporary measure..sure!

Every other country should do the same..as a temporary measure.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Done deal. Signed today.

twitter.com...

Thank you mr. President!

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
All month these dikhead lefties been bitching at me and namecalling because I am still working instead of cowaring at home like them. Now they bitching because "we are not letting the immigrants come here and work!!!!!1". Are you #in kidding me? I am supposed to stay home and eat through my savings, but mexicans and south americans should be able to come here to work? The hell kind of "logic" is that?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Honestly I doubt it will have much of an effect on things, that said it will look great in the election when they can run video of biden talking about bringing in many millions more and wrap up the commercial with president trump stopped immigration to protect American jobs or something like that.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sounds callous but I'm half inclined to believe that letting the population get the virus is a good thing. Let everyone build the antibodies. If we run from it it'll be here forever.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
With 24 million new unemployment claims for Americans, it does have some logic to not further add to the worker base.

a reply to: seattlerat

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I'd say he's using Mexican immigration as a ploy to make people mad and take away their ability to see how your $ and job isn't being stolen by illegal immigrants, rather by your government.

Where did that first round of $2Trillion go?

But yeah, thank God he saved us from all those dishwashers and lawn professionals.

edit on 25-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All right America, this is your chance.

Time to run out and grab all those cushy jobs foreigners have been stealing that pay less than unemployment.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
All right America, this is your chance.

Time to run out and grab all those cushy jobs foreigners have been stealing that pay less than unemployment.

Somebody needs to pick the crops left rotting in the fields because they can't find people to harvest the produce.

www.theguardian.com...

calmatters.org...
edit on 25-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Ad there lies the problem - either unemployment benefits to high allowing it to become a full-time source of income
OR
Employers allowed to prey on desperate people were the country with out benefits are willing to come to Western worlds to earn an income.

Temporary workers are a scam for profiteering. Poverty is needed for the rich to be rich.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Smuggled Workers Make The Best Workers™

originally posted by: puzzled2
Temporary workers are a scam for profiteering. Poverty is needed for the rich to be rich.

Exploitation is, of course, the heart and soul of illegal immigration, which is why it enjoys such broad support among America's plutocracy.

The existence of a permanent underclass ensures the existence of a permanent overclass.

The absurdity of it all is once again laid bare as an economy long built upon a foundation of corruption collapses as that foundation erodes away.

Prediction: There is too much at stake. The gates will quietly be let open so America doesn't starve to death. We might even see a greater increase in H-2A visas than cartel-smuggled humans, but I wouldn't recommend anyone hold their breath waiting for that.

Question: When the gates are opened, will anyone actually show up?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join