It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS political party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
geez, me being in the same party as DrHoracid, mwm1311, Edsinger, FlyersFan and co.?? not a chance!! these bullies will yell and scream their way into making the minority the loudest voice and the whole party will go downhill from there

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Let us take a look at the stats, shall we...

Total population of U.S.: 293,027,571.

Voting-Age Population
217.8 million
Number of voting-age U.S. residents. Of this number, 153.9 million were single-race non-Hispanic white, 26.4 million were black, 26.3 million Hispanic, 10.0 million Asian, 3.0 million American Indian or Alaska native and 647,000 native Hawaiian or other Pacific islander. (A portion of all these residents are ineligible to vote because they are noncitizens.)

www.census.gov...

And the number who casted their vote is 53.1% or 217.8 * .531 = 115.6518 million.

Total number of ATS members: 36579.
Members visiting 7 days = 2830.

For a second let us assume all 36,579 members register as party members as ATS, we all settle out differences, and we all move to U.S. What chances have we got?

Not much

204 million eligible voters (age 18 or older)
63 million registered Democrats
47 million registered Republicans
32 million registered as independents or with minor party
62 million not registered

[urlwww.usatoday.com...[/url]

By another site, there are

55 million registered Republicans,
72 million registered Democrats.

www.usatoday.com...

Sorry buddy, but even if we manage to settle our differences, manage to convince all 36 thousands to join the party, manage to convince them to move to U.S., we still will be too small of a party for anyone to notice.

Not only that, who is going to vote for us? Who in the right mind would vote for conspiracy buffs? No offense but some of the guys I see in here are truly nuts and that is coming from another conspiracy buff, think about normal people, do you think they would want to do anything with those freaks? I mean, even though most of us are normal, the public has this image as conspiracy buffs are freaks, and that is not a easy image to change.

Surf

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Good idea, but very few people on ATS agree on anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would prefer to see the "sport" of US party politics played out in the equivalent of the US Political Mudpit of the day.

Broader-based discussion of government conspiracies, cover-ups, subterfuge, misuse of intelligence, propaganda are not partisan by nature (although they can trend that way amongst diehard denial merchants).

I believe it is there, in the disclosure of those elements, that ATS makes its greatest contribution to raising awareness in the 'political' arena - not in any form of party politicking or attempt to align people to some mutually agreeable political vision.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Infinite, whilst the Idea of an ATS party appears to have fallen from Grace, why not us UK chaps look into forming one here?

On P@ATS we seem to agree (mostly) on many issues.

Even Sminkey agrees with us sometimes, even though he is in love with labour (we can turn him from the Dark side!
)

Forming a Political party in the UK is far cheaper than the Corporate Republic they have in America, and we stand a good chance of influencing people.

All we need is a way to get the message out, a website would be a good place to start. U2U me if your interested chap....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Thats true. Can you imagine trying to form a party with the likes of Edsinger or GradyPhillpot? Not me, no thanks............
Some things are better left "sans le mots"

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My #1 campaign promise is I will immediately order ALL information, be it classified or not, on the subject of UFO's to be dessimited to the general public. NOTHING will be withheld.

Can I count on your vote for President?

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am already a Libertarian.

Do you think I would join a party that might try to elect Icke as grand lizard?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

But, who wants that? I mean, this is a place where stories about time travelers looking for old ibms is taken seriously, and a guy who thinks bush and the queen of england are shape shifitng repitilian hologram people, its not ever going to be successful in the mainstream.

Do what tho? Form a party to do what? What would it's platform be? No national IDs? Nuke them a-rabs? Arrest bush and pardon bin ladin?

There's already a party that ats might be in line with, the Freak Power Party.

My last WATS for the month- I laughed until stuff ran out!

This is way funny

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Do you think I would join a party that might try to elect Icke as grand lizard?

I would.
Titor in '08!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I read an interesting article the other day that was relevant to this. It was about the various 'salons' that existed in high society in europe in the old days, and how they ended up being influential. One was operated by a mistress of mussolini.
Futurists and modernists went to it and discussed a variety of topics. Sounds familiar no, sounds a little bit like ATS, no?
Indeed, internet discussion groups fill, in some way, some of the roles of salons. Heck, 'salon.com' would certianly think so no?
So the influence shouldn't, perhaps, be underestimated, though I wouldn't pretend that its the same.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join