It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS political party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ive been thinking about this a lot lately and it has bugged me so much. ATS has the power to influence people and is very political aswell, we became a huge hit during the US election and i feel would should jump in and form a political party or pressure group. The party/pressure should be international, it would gain huge support in the UK and USA, each country would have a team leader who would be incharge of running events,etc.

I feel this can put ATS on the map, make this place even huger then ever before. Yeah, i know its gonna take a hell of a lot of work to plan, but with support of other certain groups, we can do it.

tell me what you all think...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No offense but an ATS political party group is a very bad idea, ATS is about seeking the truth, denying ignorance and focusing on things that aren't often talked about in the main stream.
I mean what idealogy would ATS follow, who decides policy, what are the aims and goals, leave the politics to the politcians and the conspiracy to the conspiracists.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
well you cant really do that sence everyone here doesnt belong to the same party.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thats true. Can you imagine trying to form a party with the likes of Edsinger or GradyPhillpot? Not me, no thanks............

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i regretfully agree. although it might be a nice idea, it doesnt really work out. I think, however, that the idea is great and could be used in a less tangible way. Something along the lines of "Hey this guy is running! Lets all support him!" ya know, get ATSers out there to help a brotha/sista out. it could also be nice, although thus far nearly all ATSCons havent had success, to also get groups of us out to places en force.

also holds the possibility for flash crowds, which im sure are highly frowned upon, although *I've* got no problem with em.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think its a great idea!

Not sure if it would work out.

Heres to it

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, its OK to think big, but ATS is filled with such disparate personalities and beliefs, it is difficult to imagine what kind of policy platform we could come to a consensus on. A core political philosophy and, for electoral purposes, a set of policies, is a must for a party. I can't see us as a group agreeing on anything, and the inevitable compromises would mean stifling some views, with some people leaving altogether.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Imagine conspiracy theorists of ats running the world. Especially me... we're all doomed....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
ATS has the power to influence people and is very political aswell,

Who, the administration or the membership? Is ATS left or right leaning?

we became a huge hit during the US election and i feel would should jump in and form a political party or pressure group.

The last conspiracy paranoid pressure group undid the weimar republic.

I feel this can put ATS on the map, make this place even huger then ever before.

But, who wants that? I mean, this is a place where stories about time travelers looking for old ibms is taken seriously, and a guy who thinks bush and the queen of england are shape shifitng repitilian hologram people, its not ever going to be successful in the mainstream.

[puote] we can do it.
Do what tho? Form a party to do what? What would it's platform be? No national IDs? Nuke them a-rabs? Arrest bush and pardon bin ladin?

tell me what you all think...

There's already a party that ats might be in line with, the Freak Power Party.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A party or pressure group to influence American politics that contains non-Americans wouldn't go over very well any way.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Constitutionalist Party, a group of people who believe in the Supreme Law of the Land and good old fashion common sense.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Silly idea. Politics should be kept out of ATS in the first place- all it does is seperate people who would otherwise communicate thier ideas.

Anyway, couldn't the idea be considered NWO? A group seeking world wide influence and representation in each country.

An ironic idea, considering the thread starter.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I nominate DrHoracid as our "at large party representative."

Seriously Doc, I know that you are a valid member of ATS when you accidently let slip posts that weren't designed to "shock and incite"......

I disagree with the political party thing........no offense, infinite, I would stop posting. I appreciate the diversity of opinion, thought, and political inclinations........even those "diseased right-wing neo cons bent on destroying democracy for us peace loving liberals".............

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
good idea to gain members but...

i always thought this site was anti-ellections and government...

i was even suprised we had a political forum

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry but no matter how much we all love ATS it would never cut it as a political party for a multitude of reasons. First being were all so different that it would be hard to maintain any kind of stability internally. Secondly and far more importnatly is financial. A donation based web party would never make it. You have to have millions upon millions of dollars to field even a luke warm third party that gets no attention, let alone a party that will be taken seriously and affect any percptible change. If ATS were to make the transition it would fall probably a half dozen slots beneath the LP in terms of sway, size and power, thus making it relatively pointless.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'd be scared if ATS had a political party, I'd have to be ANTI that too haha LOL, just joking...

Good going on the unifying there infinite. I'd be behind you but you should make mre ad hoc caucusus instead of a permament party. That way groups could form with diverse opinions are different situations come up!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, I will try to make a serious thoughtful considered statement on this proposal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Can you really imagine people voting for a politically schizohprenic, internally dissenting, alien believing, conspiracy focused, paranoia inducing, alternative reality invoking, idealistic yet coldly practical, political party?: If you can, in which country would it actually be based, considering the international flavor of the board?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
ok,
i take that as a no then.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Fistfights would break out at every convention...at least I know it wouldn't take much to urge me to violence where I in the presence of some of the scumbags on this site.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
ok,
i take that as a no then.

Don't be too disillussioned- at least you put something out there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join