It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anxiety is really bad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am a long term sufferer of anxiety but it has gotten so bad in the last week or two

I am on edge all the time, and it is nothing to do with worrying about catching corona, i find myself just paranoid and having little patience for anything or anybody

I have never had such bad anxiety where anything such as a neighbour speaking to me, or a person near me at a bus stop, evnvokes such paranoia and reactions inside.

How are other people coping with anxiety

Would love to know

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

and it is nothing to do with worrying about catching corona

anything such as a neighbour speaking to me, or a person near me at a bus stop, evnvokes such paranoia and reactions inside.

Based on the first 2 statements, I would suggest that it does, just maybe that you're not aware of it consciously

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I started having what I believe to be pretty difficult anxiety (never really experienced it before, other than normal nerves) in the same time frame.

I put my phone in another room to limit the information overload, and found that within ~an hour.. It was pretty much gone.

Definitely strange, but it was super effective for me. Notably, and again strange, is that it never felt like "my own" anxiety. That could just derive from never really dealing with such things, but who knows. It was a profound enough change that I made a thread about it. Its a pretty big change of habit for me though.

Now, I greatly limit my use of all wireless technology and it has essentially sorted itself out.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Don't be afraid of the feelings..... be interested in what arises as feelings.... feel the texture instead if getting caught up in the stories made of words.

It is the trying to run from them that gives them power.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I suffer from both GAD and Health anxiety. It is a hard time at the moment with everything that is going on in the world.
Meditation is something I used to laugh at but it does help a lot, aromatherapy again is helpful. I am a 48 year old Alpha Male and sometimes I just want to curl up and cry.
I find a bit if gardening helps along with reading although j am getting lazy and listen to audible books more than ever now. I found a really good book that I have listened to several times and I go back to it when things get tough its called The Dare Response.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Anxiety is really bad

Would love to know

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. HST

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It's all in your head. Ask yourself if you are dreaming or not, and how you would like to feel when waking up. Do what you have to do then? This is just the nightmare you chose to exist in, bring your mind to a place that fills you with joy. And if that means beheading your boss with a dull knife in a daydream... how dull is it?

Mush love!
edit on 9-4-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Snap out of it. This is not the time to get anxiety because anxiety triggers an improper immune response that can cause you harm if you get exposed to microbes. The meds also can trigger a dampened initial response that lowers resistance early into the infection. So get a half gallon of your favorite ice cream, a pile of your favorite easter candy, and take it out on those things to calm you down. Heck, go buy two half gallons and some peeps. Being prepared in a pandemic is essential

I am trying to cheer you up. We do not need to lose any members of ATS
edit on 9-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

anything such as a neighbour speaking to me, or a person near me at a bus stop, evnvokes such paranoia and reactions inside.

Based on the first 2 statements, I would suggest that it does, just maybe that you're not aware of it consciously

I think you hit the nail on the head, the fear is suppressed but side effects are still there. Knowing the problem is half of the solution.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Have a holiday...... any time, any place.
edit on 9-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
I am a long term sufferer of anxiety but it has gotten so bad in the last week or two

I am on edge all the time, and it is nothing to do with worrying about catching corona, i find myself just paranoid and having little patience for anything or anybody

I have never had such bad anxiety where anything such as a neighbour speaking to me, or a person near me at a bus stop, evnvokes such paranoia and reactions inside.

Would love to know

If you didn't have anxiety at this time then i would say there is something wrong with you. Take comfort in your normality.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
thanks for your replies i do appreciate it
would be nice to hear from other anxiety sufferers how they are dealing with it
i just feel on edge around anyone, just paranoid about everyone

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Breyer's makes a pretty decent chocolate ice cream called Carb Smart that cuts out most of the sugar and it pairs surprisingly well with red wine. Try some, it helps!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

So get a half gallon of your favorite ice cream, a pile of your favorite easter candy, and take it out on those things to calm you down. Heck, go buy two half gallons and some peeps. Being prepared in a pandemic is essential

I am trying to cheer you up.

I`m no doctor but I wouldnt think hyperglycemia and diarrhea would help anxiety much. Cypress Hill has a really good song that's just appropriate for this reason, just not ATS.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: underwerks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We don’t live in a world full of weak people. We live in a world full of people with amnesia.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess

Would love to know

Usually, mother nature provides an INSTANT solution for me, but I'm all out right now.

Just focusing on my garden right now so that helps.

Also, a good rant first thing in the morning while I make coffee really seems to chase the anxiety away and I can then focus on the day better.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I had Anxiety allot, good thing when you experience of it more and more you can deal with it better and better (at least me).
I had meningitis as a kid (4 years old). And since then I had problems like bad concentration, memory problems (short term), learning difficulties in some areas and some more.

Back then they didn't do much (helping you) or anything afterwards, helping to understand the problems you where facing so you started doubting yourself more and more. Feeling yourself doubting about the future and in your own abilities (which I had as early at age 11 (or at least when I realized) where I didn't see a future at all!). Having a (nice) job/wife or whatever/having a nice future). I did/do have a very loving family and so that helped allot and since I almost never seek for help or talk about my problems I had/have I did deal with it myself and even then you feel not in control and are an easy target for people crumbling your self esteem/importance even more but I managed that. I was very good at sports though and even very popular with other people at my early age of my life (8-12). So that helped knowing the other side! Everyone wanted to be my friend! And i know even now I'm the nicest guy but the hardest on myself on the same time (sadly).

It's just something horrible when you start doubting everything, even yourself, loosing to trust yourself on top of all of that!
But even that I managed dealing (alone). I'm alone, no wife (or kids), friends, a #ty job, a LOOSER as they say. But am I, nope, not many could or can deal with this. But I can. I may look like looser (in the eyes of others) but I'm strongest! dealing with it and go on and on and on all alone! Living on a wage of 800 euro's month for a few years where I was loosing money each month without buying anything except food (and that alone, no wife/friends). Sure I did have my parents still where I could eat sometimes. But it wasn't a short period where you live in doubt, many and many years (most of my life) in that postilion where you don't see a future (and don't have any) and where you must deal with it yourself!

Nobody knows them self more then anyone ever could like I know myself and dealing with it without tears and just go on!

Some ppl got 'everything', a big mouth, a huge ego, wealthy, wife and kids your name it! Thinking they are smart and everything but they don't know them self and even way more uncertain about them self really so they attack others for feeling better without ever facing them self (since that is more easy).

So just think about the problems you face are here and accept them, go on and know you can deal with them and make you stronger then most.
You can deal with it! I can so you can!.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Try pretending that it is a movie and you are viewing it all from a nice quiet still space...... cause really you are the space in which everything appears to be happening.

You might like to listen to this video which has some helpful tips:
How to be truly at peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join