It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anxiety is really bad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: PandaPrincess

So get a half gallon of your favorite ice cream, a pile of your favorite easter candy, and take it out on those things to calm you down. Heck, go buy two half gallons and some peeps. Being prepared in a pandemic is essential

I am trying to cheer you up.

I`m no doctor but I wouldnt think hyperglycemia and diarrhea would help anxiety much. Cypress Hill has a really good song that's just appropriate for this reason, just not ATS.

What do you mean, you would be so involved with the hyped up on chocolate and busy with diarrhea you would not worry about anything else going on. Well, there is the toilet paper shortage that may still stress you out.
edit on 9-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I went through a few weeks of really bad anxiety at the start of this c19 outbreak.
It cost me a weeks worth of work, time I had to take off to regain my composure.

I wish I had an answer for you.

The things that have worked for me are pretty much distractions. Staying away from news and media that is not upbeat and happy. Listening to a lot of music and playing with my dog. Indulging in a lot of video games I have had, but never played, anything to take my mind off of everything around me.
Some days are easier than others.
I take it day by day, sometimes minute by minute.

For me it is manageable most of the time.

I feel for you, it is not easy, hang in there and hopefully it goes away soon.
You are not alone, lots of us deal with it daily.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
As a business owner, I am watching my life’s work and my saving go down the drain. The deeper I dig into this thing, the more convinced I am that its the MSM and the Democrats are exploiting the fear of a virus to unseat the President. The frustration level is through the roof.

I can’t sleep through the night, drinking doesn’t really help, however I’m drinking way to much. A night out with friends, to blow off a little steam, would help a lot, but thats not allowed where I live right now. Besides my friends are afraid they will become infected. Hell, even a poker game would help.

About the only thing that really helps is riding my bike.

If this does come out to be some kind of Democratic, social engineering scam as I suggest, there is going to be hell to pay. I just want to go back to work and be left alone. What I really need is something to look forward to.
edit on 9-4-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Are you fearful of people seeing you?
Are you fearful of what you might say?
Are you fearful that someone might attack you?

What is it you fear?

edit on 9-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
thanks for your replies i do appreciate it
would be nice to hear from other anxiety sufferers how they are dealing with it
i just feel on edge around anyone, just paranoid about everyone

I’ve suffered from anxiety and depression my whole life. And around a year ago I lost the person I loved most in this world. I’ve had to literally rebuild everything about myself over this past year. I’ve tried everything.

Drugs are only a bandaid. In that they only mask the damage and have to be constantly reapplied. The only real cure for anxiety and depression is to go inside. Inside yourself. And reacquaint yourself with your true nature. Through whatever means you have.

Meditation, psychedelics, a walk through the park, these are all just tools. Tools to help you reach that place inside that society and the world has a vested interest in making us forget. Anxiety isn’t your fault. It’s a natural reaction to living in this world while being disconnected from your true nature.

We have it inside of ourselves to heal ourselves. Whether we choose to do that or not, is up to no one but us.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Usually, mother nature provides an INSTANT solution for me, but I'm all out right now.

Just focusing on my garden right now so that helps.

Also, a good rant first thing in the morning while I make coffee really seems to chase the anxiety away and I can then focus on the day better.

You are on to something.
I read somewhere going outside and looking as far into the horizon as possible helps with anxiety. Sounds weird, but
there is a lot we don't know about sun exposure, Vitamin D etc.

I don't know because I don't have it, but I do know I am outside/gardening a lot and if you know most
gardeners they are the most chill people.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Some really great tips:
- get Holy Basil - . All parts of the holy basil plant act as an adaptogen. An adaptogen is natural substance that helps your body adapt to stress and promotes mental balance. A great brand is New Chapter.

- breathing exercises - Breathing is a necessity of life that usually occurs without much thought. When you breathe in air, blood cells receive oxygen and release carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is a waste product that's carried back through your body and exhaled. Improper breathing can upset the oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange and contribute to anxiety, panic attacks, fatigue, and other physical and emotional disturbances. www.verywellmind.com...

- grounding exercises - These techniques use your five senses or tangible objects — things you can touch — to help you move through distress.
Put your hands in water. ...
Pick up or touch items near you. ...
Breathe deeply. ...
Savor a food or drink. ...
Take a short walk. ...
Hold a piece of ice. ...
Savor a scent. ...
Move your body.

- walking, gardening, a hobby, get a small fishtank and nurture them instead of worrying about you.

- turn off the news

I have done all of these and I swear by them. It doesn't eliminate the anxiety, but they absolutely help. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
have you tried cbd oil? or medical marijuana? a reply to: PandaPrincess

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

I forgot to mention the CBD oil.

It is one of the things that helped me to calm down after about a week of really bad anxiety.

Thanks for throwing that in there.
It really does work.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
definitely a correlation between vitamin d and depression. I also feel a healthy anti inflammatory diet helps a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How embarassing

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I am a long term sufferer of anxiety but it has gotten so bad in the last week or two

I am on edge all the time, and it is nothing to do with worrying about catching corona, i find myself just paranoid and having little patience for anything or anybody

I have never had such bad anxiety where anything such as a neighbour speaking to me, or a person near me at a bus stop, evnvokes such paranoia and reactions inside.

How are other people coping with anxiety

Would love to know

You are afraid!

You need to limit your time in public if it is possible.

Maybe when you’re out; if you have a phone, you could use earplugs with soothing sounds or music to try and calm you.

Breathing, grounding, mentally picture a happy memory or something you’re looking forward to.

Other people are afraid too, please remember that!

Be kind, stay safe, find your zen. God Bless!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i read today something about magnesium and calcisum being good for anxiety when taken today
is this correct
i also cut out caffeine drink a bit today
i still had caffeine but not AS MUCH as i normally have

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

My take on this has been - liquorice. It keeps the oozing in bay.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Snap out of it.

I hope you were joking. As someone who has suffered my whole life with severe anxiety and panic attacks that is not funny nor is it appropriate to say to someone who is truly experiencing bad and recurring anxiety. The reason SSRIs work in some people, like me, is because there is a Serotonin imbalance in our brains. SSRIs are not for everyone, they actually compound the problem in some people, but they do work for many of us.

PP, I think we've discussed this before in another thread. I think I recall you saying meds don't help you but as someone who has been there, don't give up on them if you have a serious issue. There is a proper dose and type of med for everyone that needs them. I really like living my life with normal emotions and not on edge with worry and panic all the time. I had a time where I was anxiety-free for several years so I do know what "normal" is like and that's where I am right now.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I am a long term sufferer of anxiety but it has gotten so bad in the last week or two

Weren't you the person calling for the 'mass arrest' of the elderly a few weeks ago?

Imagine the anxiety involved in that.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice post!

I missed that one.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I forgot to mention the CBD oil.

It gave me pneumonia.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yes, calcium and magnesium has a calming effect. Make sure you take alot of vitamins . Get lots of sunshine and eat good. a reply to: PandaPrincess

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
Guess I should be more specific...

CBD Tincture.

A drop under the tongue, not smoked/vaped.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join