It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 ideas only libertarians can see about the covid virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Fight these facts.

Please click link (not click bait)
www.theadvocates.org...

But as for ats rules i will post an excerpt

First, libertarians can visualize the Unseen.

What is seen is that which is obvious to us. In the present case, it’s easy for us to see the way the virus is spreading and how the healthcare system is overrun in Italy.

What is unseen are the variety of harms that occur because people have been denied freedom of association and movement. Politicians are using wartime powers and preening before TV cameras. There will be short-term and long-term effects stemming from their actions. Nearly everyone, especially the regime media, is overlooking these costs.

edit on Tue Apr 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Tue Apr 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: spewn

oh joy - praise dawg - we has teh " libertairans " - to educate is dumb plebs

for only they are " woke " and see teh " facts "

oops wait - there were no facts - just opinions to bolster the " i is smarter than you " delusion

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

oops wait - there were no facts - just opinions to bolster the " i is smarter than you " delusion

If you want to take the high and mighty route quit acting like a liberal clown.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I'd much rather have libertarians in power right now than the other two parties.

We're incentivising new massive lines of credit across the board while also spending record amounts.

Not very woke of the same two parties who have fumbled governments for decades.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ok, thinking you have to be a Libertarian to see and understand those points is just horsesheep. Anyone with common sense already figured those things out, it's not new to most of us.

You guys that believe you're more "woke" need to honestly wake up.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

By the way...

I think sensible is more applicable than woke in this context.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Ok, thinking you have to be a Libertarian to see and understand those points is just horsesheep.

Take a look around. This is one of the few times since 2016 both parties seem to be in agreement about something.

If everyone realizes the damage about to be done, I'm missing it. Almost everyone I see seems to act like if you're not for the stimulus or powers overreach, you're immoral, unpatriotic, cruel.

The same language and tactics are being used now as when Iraq was being pitched.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Tell me the exact cost on the individual please. Not just your libertarian based opinion but some real meat and potatoes.

You cant meet? The cost? your lonely. What do you get? Your granny might not die soon. Also she might also die anyway.

You assume all libertarians are the same and hold these gifts. What other political groups do you believe have a competently homogeneous member group.

edit on 7-4-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ok, thinking you have to be a Libertarian to see and understand those points is just horsesheep.

Take a look around. This is one of the few times since 2016 both parties seem to be in agreement about something.

If everyone realizes the damage about to be done, I'm missing it. Almost everyone I see seems to act like if you're not for the stimulus or powers overreach, you're immoral, unpatriotic, cruel.

The same language and tactics are being used now as when Iraq was being pitched.

I get that, but doggone, if you can't see what's happening you're blind, either by politics or ignorance.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I myself am not sure I agree with the OP's point. That said, the phrase "woke", along with it's sociopolitical connotations, and libertarian political ideology are miles apart; they are not even in the same hemisphere.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I get that, but doggone, if you can't see what's happening you're blind, either by politics or ignorance.

I see politics being used as a vector for agenda... Which isn't new.

I'm an independent, but damn, I've never been so tempted to join the libertarians and try and overthrow the two parties who have sold everything out from under this nation. I'm sensible enough to know that effor would most likely fail.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A libertarian party and candidates has always been a tough sell to the voters.
That’s why many of them run under the guise of democrat/republican, then once they are established in office they can start to push their agenda.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If we get back to some semblance of normal, most people won't give a crap and just be glad their normal routines are back. If it goes on too long though there could be many repercussions as most are certainly creatures of habit.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Terms And Conditions Of Use

Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

join