It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could your December cough actually have been COVID-19?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
From Australia and November, last year had the worst chest infection I have ever had in my life. It was severe and got tested for whooping cough but came back negative. Was down for 2 weeks and the cough hung around for at least 3-4 weeks after that. Every night was it was extra bad.
I am thnking I may have it then.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grmorrow

I suppose if what they are saying is correct, if you were now tested it should show antibodies which would confirm you did have it and also confirm (hopefully) you won't catch it again

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
We had an illness in January. It had a cough that was pretty awful. I don't remember having a fever but I usually don't get as sick as most people.

So, my whole family got the illness. We have speculated that it could have been covid19.

It will be very interesting when the antibody test becomes available to see if we actually had it.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD
I was sick for 3+ weeks near the end February until Mid March. I had the worst fevers and shivers that wouldn't stop unless I was laying in a specific manner which varied from day to day and had my long sleeve base layer, a sweatshirt and my down winter jacket on under a pile of comforters and blankets.
I pretty much never get sick for long and if i get a fever, it typically runs up to 103.6 and then I get heavy sweats and it breaks and within 5-10 hours I am usually fine. I kept waiting for that to happen but it never did. I had the nastiest cough that went on forever and when I had gotten enough strength back to walk around and get myself to the local health facility, I got nose swabbed and they tested me for flu which came back positive for Influenza-A according to them. It was the worst flu symptoms and the longest, by far, that I had ever been sick. I had moved to South Dakota from WA state in January and now I am wondering if my "flu" may have been more coronavirus than actual flu.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A little late to the party but I have had this thought myself. Has this COVID-19 been here awhile?

December 20th/21st I had the worst flu like symptoms. Couldn't get out of bed.

It was a 24 hour thing for me but absolutely put out of commission for that day.

edit on 5-4-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

it " could " have been - but if it was - were were the % critical cases ??? - they would have been hospitalised - rested - and N19COVID identified there and then

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

That's the thing,
if it wasn't known about, doctors will just attribute the cause of death to "the flu"

I've had BAD digestion problems, an death with it for a while, went to the hospital a bunch an docs couldn't figure out what it was!

But you want to know what they KEPT saying it was! They would always default to "the flu" when they couldn't figure it out!

So 9 times out of 10, we could have been dealing with many things, but when unknown, the default diagnosis is "the flu"...

That's scary!

My issues are solved now, an resulted in me needing a ENZYME and a fasting diet! NO FLU!! Degrees don't save lives, SCIENCE DOES! DO SOME!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

no they would not - a patient in a 1st world hospital - with life threatning " flu like " symptoms - would be tested

and the identity of N19COVID would be deduced

further - N19COVID has a different symptom range to influenza - that would allert doctors too

lastly - the flu vaccine - its a mix of antigens to counter the " best guess " of what will be the prevalent flu strains " next season " - how the hell do you think they know what strain to add ????

this is not a trick question

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Guess I failed to mention, that my statements, was all from time period years before now?

They wouldn't test, because they didn't know it's a thing to test for, I have $150,000.00 in medical bills to prove my endeavor, some of which claim was a treatment for the flu, when in fact it wasn't even diagnosed as such or even at all.

Merely trying to state, our medical industry can't even deliver consistent information, enough to the point they'd be able to accurately deduce much, until AFTER the fact.

Now, there is more awareness an effort, but was this the case a year or more ago?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I see many talking about the flu. As influenza is also a virus, that can maybe mimic COVID-19. Normally, doctors test for the flu and that. I’m thinking to back in March 2018, both my husband and I came down with the flu. That year was particularly nasty. I had gotten a vaccination the previous fall, my hubby had not. Anyway, he wound up spending five days in the hospital with both flu and pneumonia. I didn’t wind up in the hospital, but I cannot recall a time I was ever that sick from ANYTHING, including the flu, in my life. At the time I was working, and I ran a 101+ degree temperature for a straight week. I missed an entire week of work. That never happened to me before. It just dragged me down so bad. I felt like I was gonna die the first couple of days. They gave me Tamiflu. It was everything I could do just to keep anything down. My appetite went into the crapper, and I wound up losing six pounds. No joke.

So I know the flu is pretty rampant this time of the year too. So scary. Let’s all hang in there and stay away from each other. I’m afraid every time I’m out and about of seeing another human being. That’s horrible in itself. This has changed my outlook on many things. I don’t like feeling that way. I do not like feeling helpless. That sucks.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I had something in early February, started with chills, then slight runny nose followed by a severe dry cough, it lasted about a week. I ended up staying in bed for 2 days and drinking a ton of green tea. It finally went away. But when I had it it felt like it had a strong hold on me whatever it was. I think it may have been. The only thing that is questionable is I never had the fever they keep talking about. Hopefully that was it for me.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
My sister and her kids all had something in late December, lasted 2-3 weeks (she’s tough, almost never gets sick) cough, chest congestion, fever, sore throats, general weakness. She thinks she and her family had it then. I had something along with my fiancé in January into febuary for about 3 weeks. Same symptoms only milder (we live in different states and had no contact).

At the time, folks started jeering at work I had COV-19, but since I wasn’t having seizures like all the folks in China’s videos I figured I was fine.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
End of January, all of February for me. I just started feeling good about the time that the stay at home bit came out.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Oh good god, they traced the first case in China back to early November. The fact that thousands walk around asymptomatic? This virus has been all over the world as of December as far as I'm concerned. I got something from my sister late January, and I coughed my GUTS out for 12 days. The only time I remember coughing that much was when I had bronchitis as a child. A friend of mine in Ottawa (I'm from Toronto Canada) was hospitalized in November for pneumonia. In November, Ottawa had an article that one of its hospitals had tons of pneumonia cases and they had nowhere to put the bodies.

I think this virus has been here for quite awhile.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I had something back in late December that fit the symptoms of COVID-19 too. It went through nearly everyone at my work within a couple of weeks. We all were commenting on how unusual this one felt compared to other previous years. Many of us had nausea and other like symptoms on the onset of the sickness which quickly changed to a respiratory-like-illness. EXTREME fatigue though . . . . damn the fatigue, aches, pains really sucked! Most of us never had the really bad respiratory symptoms though, just everything else. The sickness would act like it was moving to my lungs and would then subside. It did this in a cycle over about 2-3 weeks
edit on 6-4-2020 by nonnez because: to add more info

edit on 6-4-2020 by nonnez because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here's some news about this

Americans may soon be able to learn if they've ever been infected with COVID-19 with a prick of their finger and a smartphone — and without having to leave their homes.

A Los Angeles digital healthcare company called Scanwell Health is seeking U.S. government clearance for a kit that lets users submit a scanned image of a blood test to doctors via their phones. Within a few hours, according to the company, the user will learn whether the blood contains antibodies for coronavirus.

"The entire testing process happens at home," says Scanwell Chief Medical Officer Jack Jeng, "No specimen has to be shipped back."

www.nbcnews.com...

The test is already out and approved by the FDA. The CDC is now using this test.

This is the only a methodology of administering the test that now needs approval.

This company would make a fortune if and when they get that test out

This would be a hip thing to get out ASAP

Watch, the government will find some reason to deny the public this benefit.
edit on 6-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I had a severe fever for 5 days in January. Sore throat and cough. It lasted 5 weeks, and was my worst illness in 20 years. I actually was worried that I might need to go to the hospital, or even die. I took only 24 hours sick leave, and continued working 12 hour shifts in the cold with fans blowing on me constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Covid-19, and now am hoping that it was, and already got it over with

I'm sorry, but that was a ridiculously poor decision on your part. Not only could you have made things worse for yourself, but you also potentially put many others' health at risk.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

I had a severe fever for 5 days in January. Sore throat and cough. It lasted 5 weeks, and was my worst illness in 20 years. I actually was worried that I might need to go to the hospital, or even die. I took only 24 hours sick leave, and continued working 12 hour shifts in the cold with fans blowing on me constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Covid-19, and now am hoping that it was, and already got it over with

I'm sorry, but that was a ridiculously poor decision on your part. Not only could you have made things worse for yourself, but you also potentially put many others' health at risk.
I was running low on sick leave, and that, if you remember, was when the flu was just the flu. You know, before they turned the 5G up

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

I was running low on sick leave, and that, if you remember, was when the flu was just the flu. You know, before they turned the 5G up

You still put peoples' health at risk, though. Vacation time could have been used, additional sick leave (however low it was) could have been used, doctor could have written a note for potentially extended sick leave if it was that bad (you did say it was the sickest you were in 20 years), you could have gone on short term disability... but no you just went on with business as usual, potentially causing other employees to get sick and putting a strain on the company's workforce.

It's all around just a bad idea to go to work with an illness like that.
edit on 6-4-2020 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if I already had it weeks ago. I just checked. The county where I've been traveling most weekends only had an increase of one person infected over the last few days. The official number jumped from 10 to 11 after about 3 or 4 days. For the population size of the city and county, the total number of cases is way below normal per capital. This would make sense if a large percentage of the population was already immune. I had a highly contagious cold shortly after the president said the risk to the public was low. People were traveling from China and getting connecting flights through the Charlotte airport. I noticed a lot of people suddenly had colds a week after I did and I was merely near them.

I'm still getting occasional scratchy feelings in my throat telling me my body is reacting to a virus or allergies often after visiting certain people or places which my body didn't get these scratchy throat sensations before I caught the cold. The feeling in my throat goes away after a few hours. When my mother caught a more severe virus, I could tell my body was reacting immediately to a strong virus. Fastest response I've experienced. I limited my time near her. Shortly afterwards, the facility went on lockdown. I heard residents are well now.

If my body is hyper sensitive to the virus now, I'm detecting it in multiple places. I did not detect it at work, but my body reacted to something going to stores today and yesterday. I could be reacting to pollen but it seems strange to get a reaction after picking up a pizza or going to Walmart. I cut my grass yesterday and had no scratchy throat reaction. I have been hot several times but that's not too unusual for me. I have no way to tell if I have a fever. I have seen no thermometers for sale and no batteries for my old digital thermometer. I don't think I have a fever. However I usually keep my house temperature in the 60's since I'm not like a typical sedentary person who is cold blooded. I'm more like a hot blooded active American who gets hot easy. So many people here in the southern US seem to enjoy the heat that I often feel like I'm part alien compared to the local population.

I woke up tonight really hot. I ate most of a large pizza. It tasted pretty good. I suspect if there are thousands or millions of people already immune to the virus, the government will want to know. They could immediately reopen the country and get most back to work if the virus has already run its course. It could have already peaked. I'm not a scientist and am not tracking the virus too much. Locking down the whole state seems like an over reaction when the number of virus cases jumped from 10 to 11 after a few days. The media is overdoing the reaction applying whole state lock downs when only a few people have known cases. I'm referring to 10 cases in the county where I'm moving from.

It's obviously an emergency in larger populations but if you went back in time and announced you were going to put thousands out of work and lock down the whole state because 10 people caught a cold in one county, you would think the governor was bonkers. I don't believe locking down a whole state makes sense when most areas have very little infection. I heard the lifetime hours lost to avoid deaths due mainly to decreases in incomes etc is much greater than estimated deaths with all these forced shutdowns. In other words if you could count the hours everyone would live as a whole, we are losing a lot more hours of life as a society by shutting down businesses putting millions out of work than if we had let the virus circulate. I guess that's a different debate.

I think I already had it. I don't know though so I'm being careful. I don't enjoy that scratchy feeling in my throat. I want to stay away from sick people with viruses. It is in the air in certain places. My body has been reacting to something in the air. Maybe I'm hypersensitive to the virus now. I do not want to be a Guinea pig for experiments though.

I understand we want to save lives but I think it's an over reaction to lock down everything when 10 or 11 people have a cold in the entire county. Lock down bigger cities and worse places but I disagree with shutting down the whole planet because someone could die. People lose lifetime hours with higher stress and no jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join