It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy removes Captain Brett Crozier who raised alarm

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Heard today that it wasn't just the letter, its the fact the letter was emailed outside the chain and especially because some of the recipients were not in the military.

IF he is allowed to retire he got off lucky, I have seen careers derailed for the wrong picture taken at the wrong time shared on social media.

If the captain meant to or not doesn't matter at this point his letter hit the news and told the world we were down a carrier, I think he will be prosecuted assuming the virus doesn't do real damage to him.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Apparently you've already decided he's going to be found guilty because SecNav was mean.

I think he laid pre-emptive ground work to rationalize the court martial he seems to be threatening Crozier with.

a reply to: peter vlar
Fingers crossed.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, he laid the groundwork for an unlawful command influence appeal. If they don't dot every I very carefully, then his remarks will sink any case brought.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yep. He sent it to naval aviators he knew, among others. And he sent it without telling the admiral in charge of the group, so he couldn't stop him from sending it.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Called him in idiot to a speech the sailors on board after the firing
edit on 4/6/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I cant figure out what the context of that is. Who is speaking? Your comment was garbled a bit and unclear.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I wonder what this might mean.

"The letters shouldn't have been sent, and certainly they shouldn't have been leaked," Trump said. "This is a military operation. I must tell you, I've heard very good things about the gentlemen. Both gentlemen, by the way, I will say this, about both gentlemen. And I may look into it from the standpoint of something should be resolved because I'm hearing good things about both of people."

Trump added that he "may just get involved."

www.cnn.com...

Please Mr. President, don't.

edit on 4/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I cant figure out what the context of that is. Who is speaking? Your comment was garbled a bit and unclear.

The complete text of his speech on the TR is here www.cnn.com...

The guy speaking was the Acting Sec of the navy and the yelling was from a sailor

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Ah that makes sense thank you kindly. Was your last post voice-text just out of curiosity?

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

He'll have to though. If the Acting SecNav is going to be disciplined in any way, which he deserves, he'll have to get involved.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think it would be best for Secretary Modly and President Trump to avoid compounding the already growing and potentially unmanageable list of problems in this case and allow those commanders who are now directly responsible for saving the USS Theodore Roosevelt to do their damn jobs.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Ah that makes sense thank you kindly. Was your last post voice-text just out of curiosity?

??? It popped up on my twitter feed but I had yet to see the whole speech by Moldy

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Zaphod58

President Trump does things that are wrong, and even illegal.

In this case I don't think the punishment fits the crime. And I certainly do think that the NavSec's suggestion that the Captain is guilty of "betrayal", for which he can be court martialed, just illustrates this administration unabashed vindictiveness.

I'm hoping this extreme vindictiveness you allude to is applied to CNN and MSNBC after America re-elects President Trump!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Your post in reference is hard to understand do to the incorrect words being used. I was asking if you put words on the screen using voice to text instead of typing because I was bored and curious. Disregard I guess, it wasnt important.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Oh! Now we have another "crisis" on our hands?

President Trump on Monday said at a press conference that he might get involved in the public crisis playing out in the Navy after an aircraft carrier commander was ousted after raising the alarm about a coronavirus outbreak on the ship in a leaked letter.
www.foxnews.com...

That has to be the most over-used word this year, LOL.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
After first saying he stood by his remarks, and later apologizing for them, Acting SecNav Thomas Modly resigned this morning.

taskandpurpose.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Looks like this would be a great time for those replacing outgoing leaders to keep their noses to the grindstone and away from microphones.

Not that there's ever a bad time.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
He was in a loose, loose situation.
Either in trouble for complaining,
Or if he ended up with a ship full of sick personnel, People would ask why he did nothing to protect his people.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

He gets a 10 for protecting his crew, but a -50 for how he did it.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: 11SK1180

He gets a 10 for protecting his crew, but a -50 for how he did it.

Agreed he was protecting his crew that is really his only defense.

But he also broke the chain of command, He essentially talked to the media which is a Huge no go. And he also in my personal opinion snapped under pressure , He was on a ship in the middle of a pandemic and he panicked . His panic could have caused far more trouble than the Virus its self, Panic by your commander on an enclosed ship at sea is a recipe for disaster .

I would have stripped him of command and put his a s s out of the Navy myself

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join