It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco Smoking Increases Immunoglobin against SARS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
IgA protects these membranes against myriads of soluble antigens by inhibiting their adherence to surface of mucosal cells. Thus the presence of tobacco smoke on these membranes results in increased production of this immunoglobulin.

We all have weak immune systems because the government shielded us from anything harmful...Now we can't even fight the common cold.

They are actually making a vaccine from the tobacco plant.

In September, just before the start of one of the worst flu seasons on record, a Canadian biotech company called Medicago started a phase 3 clinical trial of its flu vaccine, which it manufactures in tobacco plants.

They are using Tobacco viruses to mimic the corona virus to induce a response.

www.medicago.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Sorry,

Smoking tobacco cancels out any beneficial effects that plant may have.

link   
a reply to: Centsay

American spirits are Good for me!!
here’s an update from Michigan.... it’s overblown, and no one will care until the whole world collapses....

But hey; my love of life, is stronger than my fear of death.

edit on 30-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

link   

Thus the presence of tobacco smoke on these membranes results in increased production of this immunoglobulin.

Is that the reason I have never gotten ANY flu ?
Or , basically not even the common cold ?
I was a 40+ year smoker.
Swapped for vaping 6 years ago.....

Good thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Must not have read the post .....Thus the presence of tobacco Smoke on these membranes results in increased production of this immunoglobulin

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 18, 2013-- Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE / Euronext Paris: PM) announced today that Philip Morris Investments B.V. (PM Investments), an affiliate of PMI, as part of the previously announced arrangement of Medicago Inc. (Medicago), made on July 12, 2013, acquired 11,348,266 common shares of Medicago for a consideration of CAD $13,163,989.

The 11,348,266 common shares were acquired pursuant to a prospectus exemption contained in section 2.11 of Regulation 45-106 respecting Prospectus and Registration Exemptions (Québec) and represent 4.13% of the issued and outstanding common shares of Medicago. Following this transaction, the holding of PM Investments in Medicago consists of 109,957,066 common shares representing 40% of all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Medicago.

Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 international brands, including Marlboro, the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in more than 180 markets. In 2012, the company held an estimated 16.3% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.8% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. For more information, see www.pmi.com.

www.pmi.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So a cigarette company happens to fund a cure for their created problem.... and also for flus, colds, etc

What’s your point?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Relevance?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I’ve posted in other threads asking wether smoking interrupts the technique of SARS latching on the the lungs...

Like if some one breaks into your house, they look and see you live like a pig sty, and decide , stuff this, the place has already been done over 😁

After all we are just parasites..... on a massive scale.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Fun facts...

50% of Chinese males smoke.

Of the males in China that caught the virus, 14% of them were smokers.

Things than make you go hhmm...

S&F

(post by scubagravy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Fun facts...

S&F

Also, not all people if asked in survey admit to smoking, wether it be shame or whatever. I love numbers and statistics but stuff me if any of them are somewhat on song.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The tobacco mosiac virus is present on tobacco plants, the more natural the tobacco the more is usually present.

It does stimulate an IGA response, but I am not sure it will protect against corona virus. The evidence is back and forth, if you keep smoking with an infection, it is not good, but smoking may initially protect someone...just quit when sick for a while. Smoking under a half a pack a day is not harmful, but the more you smoke over that the more harmful. Partly because of the decication chemicals in tobacco farming and because of other chemicals used in growing tobacco. I smoke a more natural tobacco, but can't afford the organic stuff. Organic tobacco is not full of all the chemicals in commercial tobaccos.

I kind of need evidence to form an opinion and have read lots of different research on Tobacco and it is all over the place.

Tobacco was considered a medicinal plant by native Americans. It is one of their sacred plants. They do say that comercial tobacco is not good for you. Tobacco was not smoked every day in the quantity we do by Indians in the past, it was a medicine.

Someone above listed the study by the Chinese in relation to male smokers in China already.
edit on 30-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Fun facts...

S&F

Also, not all people if asked in survey admit to smoking, wether it be shame or whatever. I love numbers and statistics but stuff me if any of them are somewhat on song.

Lung cancer really became prevalent in America after our nuclear testing.

I was born in a little place where when they tested, it was like the sun coming up at night over the hills.

Nobody in that little town over the age of 30 has a gall bladder now.

The plumes went up into Idaho and Washington, settled into California and blew as far south as Florida.

Everyone smoked in 1900 in America and the cancer rate was so low that if you died of cancer, the doctor could autopsy you and write a paper about it and get famous.

Now we're what... almost 50% of the population will have cancer at some time in their lives.

Coincidence, of course.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Fun facts...

S&F

I found 62% of Chinese men had been smokers at some point
A study of 140 coronavirus patients in Wuhan found that only 1.4% of them were current smokers, so more data is needed to determine whether smoking is a factor.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sounds kind of like now....

Oh its the Corona virus that sunk our economy!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
70 percent of deaths reported from covid-19 are from males
another coincidence?
seems smoking attracts and repels.

edit on 30-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Inhales deeply and blows two perfect rings,calmly turns to focus
70 percent of deaths reported from covid-19 are from males
another coincidence?
seems smoking attracts and repels.
darkness
the sound of a window opening

Females have two X chromosomes, and males have one X and one Y chromosome. “And so the fact that men don’t have two X chromosomes, right away you wonder if that puts them at an advantage or disadvantage for getting sick,”

The ACE-2 receptor “seems to be over-expressed in men, meaning there’s more doors for the virus to get into the cell,”

The virus connects to and enters your cells via a “receptor,” which she describes like a code punched in on a keypad, granting access. In this case, the receptor is called ACE-2, and it’s controlled by a gene on the X chromosome.

globalnews.ca...

edit on 30-3-2020 by Centsay because: bad grammar

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That’s some interesting numbers. What would make them think that testing an unknown bomb would not yield ramifications of its people with unknown health projections.

I saw a news report here in Australia some months ago stating 2 in 3 will see the C. That’s just #ed !

At least we’ll always have internet, the government can’t let the fear factor projector crash... it’s the new oxygen.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25069540]Centsay[/post.

It's more likely because estrogen boosts immunity and testosterone decreases it
and well because women are more resilient to these sorts of things.

edit on 31-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join