It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to keep busy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I was sent home from work until April 7.
A few days later, so was my wife.
The kids of course are off school, and everyone is Trying to find something to preoccupy themselves with.
Last night we took the dog on a 3 hour walk, just cause there's nothing else to do.
I have a lot of MUFON Canada work to do, as well some Civil 3d work I can do for my job.
The girls have been doing each others make up.
The boy has been playing video games.

I wish I had some board games to occupy the family with.

What are you all doing to stay busy?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I was sent home from work until April 7.
A few days later, so was my wife.
The kids of course are off school, and everyone is Trying to find something to preoccupy themselves with.
Last night we took the dog on a 3 hour walk, just cause there's nothing else to do.
I have a lot of MUFON Canada work to do, as well some Civil 3d work I can do for my job.
The girls have been doing each others make up.
The boy has been playing video games.

I wish I had some board games to occupy the family with.

What are you all doing to stay busy?

Unfortunately, both wife and I have to work as well as stay home and try to home school the kids.

It isn't easy. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have to work, but I guess giving the circumstances, we are both fortunate to still be employed.

The kids are able to video chat with their teachers and classmates. They also have online class assignments. However, they are young 5 & 3, so need constant supervision of some sort.

It would be great if we could just use this time as true family time.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I ramped up to do a lot of work on my garden and open up our greenhouse for the year.

So it has rained here the last 4 days straight.

Got 10 gallons of wine started, am waiting 3 more days to finish some elk pastrami...

Other then that, I have been reduced to hanging out on ATS making people hate me.

Supposed to get sunshine tomorrow though!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Helping take care of two elderly, nearly blind people in my village. The county has suspended all services.
And my GF is a caregiver for other infirm, housebound elderly folks.
edit on 30-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

ATS, xbox one, Netflix and YouTube, and oh Yeh playing with the wifey lol what else is there?? Oh Yeh drink!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I came across a great website for kids to learn while at home.

IXL home learning

If you need some material go to that site and select the appropriate grade level.
There’s almost an entire curriculum on there for every grade.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's excellent!
I hope you guys are taking care of yourselves as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Movies, yard work, checking on the elderly neighbors and......

putting on performances with condiments.
Currently recreating Hamlet.... guess whom I'm using the Ghost pepper sauce for

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

Ya I've doing a lot of Gaming also.
I started playing Far Cry Primal.
It's an older game, but pretty fun still.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Hahah, the wife and I were joking the kids are to old - so they think, to want to play games anymore.
So we joked about putting on a puppet show for the cats lol

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Gardening?!
Lucky, we still have snow here lol

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Remolding a home gym and trying to sell the sizzle to someone on why I must have a Lotus Evora.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Planted my annual patio garden, taking care of a dog with ear infection, reading a lot, sketching, catching up on my Netflix and Amazon movie queues, spending more time than usual on phone with the family, more cooking than usual, crossword puzzles, playing Candy Crush Jelly and Angry Birds, having more in depth conversations with hubs when he's home (he's still working).

Today I went to the grocery store (too many people on the weekends) and things are getting better- I found everything on my list but one item. Tomorrow I'll be scrubbing floors, vacuuming and dusting- wanna help?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I had already worked pretty much full time for a major video game studio so not much really has changed for me though we have seen a massive uptick in traffic which makes logical sense since that can be done from home.

I am located right near Philadelphia on the NJ side so the shutdowns are pretty severe in this area as this is the hardest hit section of the country between PA, NJ and NY. Not much externally to do so it's been a lot of listening to music, cats, adapting exercise routine to home.

Most importantly I have found being assertive in checking in on people helps. =)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I started a YouTube channel about our African Serval/Savannah cat a little while back.
Might put some more footage together and clean up a few videos.
I'll post em here later if I get around to it.
Everyone loves Watching big cats doing bad cat things.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Update!!: the King is dead as I needed mayonnaise for my sandwich. 😢

I'd be playing on my PS4, but internet is slow and keeps dropping. So the updates that are required for gameplay will take some time.

I have pictionary, but the dogs can't play very well.
edit on 30-3-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I use to work not too far from you I believe. My unit was right next to the airport in Philly. Rough area around that bridge.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Oh no... I guess I was gonna get found out sooner or later...

I've been committing mass murder twice daily... morning and evening... any my weapon of choice is a water bottle sprayer with a lethal concoction of water, dish soap, wild mustard and chili powder.

Those aphids never even see it coming! Tee hee hee

Life hasn't changed too much for me. Spring is keeping me busy... and happy... in the garden. My citrus trees have about finished blooming and setting fruit. As have the freesia and mums. I have aloe and iris and creeping daisies and cornflowers in glorious bloom. The daffodils are just starting to bud and bloom. The roses have leafed out and I think all except one have buds getting full and fat. My jasmine is budding and will be infusing the air with their intoxicating scent soon. And the yellow bells are bursting with buds and blooms! Some Dahlberg daisies have volunteered in my Mom's garden, and are starting to bloom.

I've gotten some squash and melons planted, and some tomatoes and peppers. Those should be sprouting any day. I even added some okra this year. My hubby doesn't like it, but I do! I wish I had a good gumbo recipe...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What's that like? I'm playing Elder Scrolls online n Shadow of War at min.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Was that one item toilet roll by any chance?
just curious.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join