It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Jailbreak: Eight Sex Offenders Freed in Cuomo’s New York

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Eight sex offenders, three of which were convicted for raping children, were released in the state of New York as a statewide initiative led by Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) to empty prisons in fear that inmates will contract the Chinese coronavirus.

This weekend, the Monroe County, New York, jail freed more than 50 inmates from their custody as part of the state’s Department of Corrections and Community Services jailbreak effort in the midst of the coronavirus, according to WIVB 4.

Coronavirus Jailbreak: Eight Sex Offenders Freed in Cuomo’s New York

This took place in the city where I live, in Rochester, NY.

The Greece (suburb) Chief of Police Patrick Phelan, stated that no one in his department was notified. In addition, he mentions that four out of the nine inmates, that are staying at a Holiday Inn Express, are registered sex offenders, with three of them being level 3 sex offenders. The Holiday Inn Express "is a couple hundred feet from a school."

*Greece Police Chief Phelan is interviewed in the video clip found in the link below.

The Monroe County Sheriffs’ Office said that more than 50 prisoners have been released from the Monroe County Jail on Saturday. Nine of those inmates are now staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Greece.

Among the inmates known to be staying at the Holiday Inn Express are four registered sex offenders. Three of whom are registered as level 3 sex offenders and are deemed by New York courts as most likely to re-offend. All three of the level 3 sex offenders staying at the Holiday Inn Express have been convicted for the rape of minors.

“It doesn’t make any sense. If you could present an argument to me that makes sense, I’m willing to listen. But this doesn’t make any sense,” Patrick Phelan, the Greece Chief of Police, said.

“So you have a violent criminal who’s done time in state prison who’s been given the chance of parole, and not followed the conditions of their parole. That’s who you’re talking about right now,” Phelan said.

www.rochesterfirst.com...

Greece Town Supervisor Bill Reilich, is calling on Monroe County Sheriff Baxter and all law enforcement agencies to join him in contacting Governor Andrew Cuomo and insisting he returns the inmates to their cells at Monroe County Jail.

edit on 3/29/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What absolute bloody madness.

Who's next?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Whos feeding these pricks?... Probably having their meals catered. a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This seems like a really, really stupid time to be releasing these people. Or is it the perfect time.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
This seems like a really, really stupid time to be releasing these people. Or is it the perfect time.

The worse NY gets, the more federal monies Cuomo gets control over to attempt to patch up his failed state.

Probably just a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I feel like we're watching a Batman movie in real time, only the joker is an elected official and Batman doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

V For Vendetta was a documentary.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Wow. Ordinary citizens are supposed to stay home, but they're releasing sex offenders into the population. Thank god that school isn't in session. Level 3 is a matter of when they commit another crime and not if they will.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
School is out for the rest of the season. So being in a Holiday Inn next to an empty school is
A lost argument

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

This seems like a really, really Good time to be taking care of these Criminals with the Peoples Justice . I am sure some in Law Enforcement won't mind .......

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Except for being brought in by staff and guards, shouldn’t a prison be safe from the virus?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This creeps me tfo.
It makes me think there is some extinction level sheet going down.
Like releasing the horses from the corral during a massive flood. Letting the dogs out of the kennels, the animals from the zoo.
Creeee-peeeeeeeey

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Gotta tread lightly there....we don't want roaming, vigilante groups enforcing their own version of the Constitution do we?

Best case scenario we'll fight over water.

I don't, for a moment, think that they are safer out amongst us than they were in protective custody. (I'm quite sure, that'll become quite clear, quite soon.)

They can't melt into a crowd that doesn't exist. They are out in the OPEN.

Letting them out??

Not my first choice. I would have given them a Imhotep fair well and leveled half the prison over them.

Giving out their whereabouts sure didn't add to their peaceful transition, however.

edit on 3/29/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
School is out for the rest of the season. So being in a Holiday Inn next to an empty school is
A lost argument

Does it matter?

Sex offences on children are about as low as it gets, I would think there other less risky offenders that could be let go.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Not a good week for New Yorkers to not have a gun permit. Don't worry start now and you can get one in 6 to 14 months... I on the other hand might just buy my 16th with my Obama currency, I mean Trump currency, oh no waiting...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Can't say I'm surprised Emperor cuomo has spoken. I'm just surprised he hasn't kicked the door wide open. What I'm waiting for is since he has his executive power, is for him to kick his anti-gun agenda into high gear since there is NOTHING to stop him.
nypost.com...

Why does New York even bother to elect state legislators if they’re willing to blithely hand power to the governor whenever he cites an impending threat? That’s what Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie and Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins did this week by needlessly handing Gov. Andrew Cuomo dictatorial powers in the name of fighting the coronavirus. The Legislature voted to give Cuomo an unprecedented right to declare an emergency and then suspend state or local laws as he chooses. Few Democratic legislators even objected to the obscene abdication.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I can understand a crime such as drugs or to a point even simple assault in some cases getting released but isn't the chance of reoccurring issues with sexual offenders relatively high compared to other crimes? Seems like a bad choice if they absolutely had to release some people.

I had always wanted to visit New York and now I have no desire. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
They put all their faith in Cuomo, but he can't even quarantine a jail.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo is giving New Yorkers who are potentially carrying CoronaVirus-19 to other states, his blessings. (If you listen to his press briefings, he guarantees other states will develop hotspots.)

Adding freed prisoners to the mix is totally expected.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
House Democrats ask Attorney General William Barr to release as many prisoners as possible who are at "high risk" to the ravages of Covid-19.

nypost.com...

I guess Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, and Paul Manafort are in that group?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join