It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Extends Social Distancing Measures to April 30. When Do Small Businesses Re-Open?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We can't return to normal because the normal we had was the problem in the first place.
The cure is worse than the disease.
Just like 911, America has changed forever; only worse....
edit on 30-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
In his first speech about Easter, he said numerous times that they were shooting to have things happen before Easter, and that he was being optimistic that it would happen. He never said definitively that we were going to be open by Easter, he may have mentioned it but in his talking he explained it. Perfect setup for some people to use out of context sentences to make him look bad.

I listen to the whole speeches, trying to evaluate everything said. We went out shopping after that knowing it would be probably the end of April before it lightened up.

Most of us who listened to the speech knew he was trying to be optimistic, to keep people from thinking the world was ending, that there was a ray of hope in the future.

Doom and gloomers hate optimistic speeches though, they tear them apart and use them against the speaker.

Like I feel Coumo is stressed out having to deal with all the paranoic people in New York and is being spastic trying to cover his mistakes at predicting this was going to get that bad. I don't know him, he may be a decent person when everyone isn't badgering him to do something. He might need a vacation at a resort with padded cells before the new york catastrophe gets controlled. He doesn't seem to be handling this stress well, and I can guarantee you that I would be worse if I was in his shoes. See, now I put something out there that others can pick apart and use against me.

So Trump was trying to be optimistic. But Coumo is trying to cover his mistakes at predicting this was going to get that bad.

The perceptional bias is quite astounding with you Trumpers.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Y'all wanted to see me disagree with this President over something... write it down because it's time is now. He's sadly allowed the panicdemic pimps to get in his ear and has opted to no longer stay the truth and logic course that he was correctly on at the beginning. This is not a rational cause to subvert this country's Rights, Freedoms, or economy over... not even close. The office of POTUS *should* be saying that from a federal standpoint, the USA is open for business NOW. He should also be Instructing the justice department to begin filing federal charges for violating the Constitution against any state or municipality that has illegally closed businesses, infringed on Americans' Right to move freely about, and violated their right to congregate in exercise of their religious beliefs. Dont know why he has decided to join the losing side right now, but he has. He still has time to right this wrong, but the damage is already been done and his hands are now as dirty as the masses' are.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sobored
When Do Small Businesses Re-Open?

Ask covid.

When Coronavirus goes away!

Look to Spain, who hesitated but still acted faster than the US to close its borders and Lockdown its people, the UK is going to be in a similar, albeit smaller scale mess...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

When the ecomnomy is well and truely screwed and is over, then businesses will be allowed by the state, to open.

And what if that happens before the pandemic is over?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

originally posted by: Lumenari

Since the average worker will now receive 100% of their normal check on unemployment until the end of July, I would hazard to guess mid July.

State max +$600.

Minimum wage ($~8/hr) workers in southern states are going to double their income on unemployment for a guaranteed 12 weeks.

This country isn't opening anytime soon even if the stay at home orders got lifted while i was typing this.

A huge factor is going to be confidence, where I live 80% + of incomes are derived through tourism and hospitality, this shutdown is an absolute nightmare for this area.

The landscape is going to be very different once the smoke clears.

When the smoke clears the world leaders who hesitated, not taking on board World Health Organisation guidelines should stand up and be held accountable for the needless deaths they caused...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Mayor DeBlasio says police will start writing tickets if two people are found too close together.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Y'all wanted to see me disagree with this President over something... write it down because it's time is now. He's sadly allowed the panicdemic pimps to get in his ear and has opted to no longer stay the truth and logic course that he was correctly on at the beginning. This is not a rational cause to subvert this country's Rights, Freedoms, or economy over... not even close. The office of POTUS *should* be saying that from a federal standpoint, the USA is open for business NOW. He should also be Instructing the justice department to begin filing federal charges for violating the Constitution against any state or municipality that has illegally closed businesses, infringed on Americans' Right to move freely about, and violated their right to congregate in exercise of their religious beliefs. Dont know why he has decided to join the losing side right now, but he has. He still has time to right this wrong, but the damage is already been done and his hands are now as dirty as the masses' are.

Then, sorry to say, you don't know how this virus is killing people, you don't understand the risks and that makes you very dangerous.

Carry on life as normal, the death of those close to you will probably be on your hands. I've read many accounts from people who have lost someone close to them (a lady who had just given birth died after getting it from her Mum, a young man gave it to his Gran and someone has passed it to a friend undergoing Chemotherapy) these are gut wrenching tales and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, why would you wish that on yourself?
edit on 30/3/20 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I believe people with underlying risk factors need to keep themselves safe from this, same as they do from any other significant disease. That's how society has always handled that, in fact. This should be no different.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: djz3ro

I believe people with underlying risk factors need to keep themselves safe from this, same as they do from any other significant disease. That's how society has always handled that, in fact. This should be no different.

How do those with underlying health issues keep themselves safe from those that think their freedoms are more important than self isolating for a few weeks ?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Mayor DeBlasio says police will start writing tickets if two people are found too close together.

Now I'm waiting for some hilarious videos of police writing tickets...

"Hey you two! Stay where you are! Remove your IDs and place them on the ground and take 10 steps back!"

People comply... officer moves forward to pick up IDs after putting on gloves, writes tickets, places IDs and tickets back on the ground, then take ten steps back.

"Ok, step forward and pick up your IDs and tickets. Have a nice day!"

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The exact date and time:

Tuesday Nov 3, 2020 - 8 pm Pacific time.

and no, I'm not a Trump supporter but I 100% believe people will use this to crush the economy until election day.

In Dec. 2020 will see the vaccine and wide spread adoption of accepted therapies.

Unemployment and loans will last until Oct 1 st. That will put the toughest times right before election.

No way do I think it's a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
The exact date and time:

Tuesday Nov 3, 2020 - 8 pm Pacific time.

and no, I'm not a Trump supporter but I 100% believe people will use this to crush the economy until election day.

In Dec. 2020 will see the vaccine and wide spread adoption of accepted therapies.

Unemployment and loans will last until Oct 1 st. That will put the toughest times right before election.

No way do I think it's a coincidence.

There will be no elections. Hungry people will be rioting in the streets and martial law will be declared. Can Fascism be far behind; no way do I think it's a coincidence. The economy was crushed when the Bill of Rights and the Constitution were flushed down the toilet like so much toilet paper.

read....9 meals to anarchy.
internationalman.com...

No work, no jobs, no food, no hope...desperate people do desperate things. Even now people are fighting in the store aisle over sliced meat and TP... The infrastructure is in a tenuous position.... You better prepare.

doom and gloom.... July is gonna get HOT!!

edit on 30-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Since the average worker will now receive 100% of their normal check on unemployment until the end of July, I would hazard to guess mid July.

State max +$600.

Minimum wage ($~8/hr) workers in southern states are going to double their income on unemployment for a guaranteed 12 weeks.

This country isn't opening anytime soon even if the stay at home orders got lifted while i was typing this.

A huge factor is going to be confidence, where I live 80% + of incomes are derived through tourism and hospitality, this shutdown is an absolute nightmare for this area.

When the smoke clears the world leaders who hesitated, not taking on board World Health Organisation guidelines should stand up and be held accountable for the needless deaths they caused...

Ultimately, it's not the government's job to bubble wrap your damn ass, that's on you, the individual. I'm in the high risk category myself, I will decide how to mitigate for my heath, thanks.

How can the vulnerable protect themselves from everyone else, you asked in another post? Edit: Sorry, that wasn't you, it was someone else. Following point still remains. Become effing hermits if they're that worried, that's how. Stay inside & have your purchases delivered like everyone else is supposed to. If that's supposed to be the mitigation method that supposedly will work for everyone, despite the delivery folks still mingling and swapping germs with people on and off the clock, it'll do just dandy for the high risk groups.

Can we prevent people in that category from contracting something anyway? NO. We cannot. Reason being, that new line of bullcrap saying it can spread on the wind in a good breeze for several miles. If true, then I can conceivably go outside sick, cough or sneeze, and spread it anyway despite being told to stay home. So no, you're not going to have airtight mitigation methods, ever.

Therefore, focus on keeping people at risk and worried about their status as isolated as possible. Let the rest of us do our gamble, it's within our rights to make that determination. I don't need nor want you white knighting my rights way to take up the mantle of my safety that you think I can't figure out for myself, ok?
edit on 3/30/2020 by Nyiah because: bungled tags

edit on 3/30/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

In his first speech about Easter, he said numerous times that they were shooting to have things happen before Easter, and that he was being optimistic that it would happen. He never said definitively that we were going to be open by Easter, he may have mentioned it but in his talking he explained it. Perfect setup for some people to use out of context sentences to make him look bad.

I listen to the whole speeches, trying to evaluate everything said. We went out shopping after that knowing it would be probably the end of April before it lightened up.

Most of us who listened to the speech knew he was trying to be optimistic, to keep people from thinking the world was ending, that there was a ray of hope in the future.

Doom and gloomers hate optimistic speeches though, they tear them apart and use them against the speaker.

Like I feel Coumo is stressed out having to deal with all the paranoic people in New York and is being spastic trying to cover his mistakes at predicting this was going to get that bad. I don't know him, he may be a decent person when everyone isn't badgering him to do something. He might need a vacation at a resort with padded cells before the new york catastrophe gets controlled. He doesn't seem to be handling this stress well, and I can guarantee you that I would be worse if I was in his shoes. See, now I put something out there that others can pick apart and use against me.

I don’t disagree with Trump trying to remain optimistic, I just see it as a catch 22. People are so hopeful for things to return to normal that they can hold onto that hope instead of facing the other side of it; things not returning to normal for quite some time. I think it’s in his best interest to be as blatant and realistic as he can be with this. He can do both. His entire presidency he’s been “calling it like it is” and this time should be no different. Like I said, he can still remain optimistic but I think it’s important to give the other side of that as well. I’m not bashing or anything of the such, but people need to plan for the worst at the same time they’re remaining hopeful of something better than worst.
edit on 30-3-2020 by Drucifer because: Derp derp grammar.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

So Trump was trying to be optimistic. But Coumo is trying to cover his mistakes at predicting this was going to get that bad.

The perceptional bias is quite astounding with you Trumpers.

Coumo was initially not worried about it, just like most people weren't, I suppose that everyone considered the Chinese as not inteligent and believed their medical science as prehistoric. But the truth is that the Chinese have very good people working on this and they actually identified this virus, and started the quarantine as soon as they knew it was necessary. Testing takes time, especially when it is a virus they had no knowledge of at first. Once they tied it to SAR it helped to get their attention that it could be bad.

Our governor has finally settled down and is not blasting the feds anymore. Her office must have gotten contacted by the AMA or CDC because she basically shut down use of Chloroquinone in our state for anything off labe and threatened doctors. Chloroquine is used for lots of stuff off label, including lupus, RA, and restless leg syndrome. She is a governor, not a medical expert. Just because she was the CEO of Blue cross blue shield for a while does not qualify her as a medical expert. Let the doctors do their job, they know the patients they are treating and her job is not to get involved in that. She knows she made a mistake by doing that, she did not have her smirky smile today on TV.

I stated in my post that the governor of New York is probably stressed, so is the president and his team.

I support the president of the United states, not the personality of the person sitting in that position. Trump's personality is typical alpha male, I know people like that, they are great for our local economy, they create decent jobs around here. I wouldn't want to be dealing with that kind of person every day, but I get along with them and respect their job creation here in the UP.
edit on 30-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: djz3ro

State max +$600.

Ultimately, it's not the government's job to bubble wrap your damn ass, that's on you, the individual. I'm in the high risk category myself, I will decide how to mitigate for my heath, thanks.

How can the vulnerable protect themselves from everyone else, you asked in another post? Edit: Sorry, that wasn't you, it was someone else. Following point still remains. Become effing hermits if they're that worried, that's how. Stay inside & have your purchases delivered like everyone else is supposed to. If that's supposed to be the mitigation method that supposedly will work for everyone, despite the delivery folks still mingling and swapping germs with people on and off the clock, it'll do just dandy for the high risk groups.

Can we prevent people in that category from contracting something anyway? NO. We cannot. Reason being, that new line of bullcrap saying it can spread on the wind in a good breeze for several miles. If true, then I can conceivably go outside sick, cough or sneeze, and spread it anyway despite being told to stay home. So no, you're not going to have airtight mitigation methods, ever.

Therefore, focus on keeping people at risk and worried about their status as isolated as possible. Let the rest of us do our gamble, it's within our rights to make that determination. I don't need nor want you white knighting my rights way to take up the mantle of my safety that you think I can't figure out for myself, ok?

I agree with you on all you say. I can stay isolated and just go out if I really have to. The wife and I went out shopping to top off our stores of food before it got too crazy around here. While people were buying out the toilet paper, we bought some chickens to put in the freezer, some extra sour cream, a few bags of extra flour and a couple more bags of sugar.

If your stuck at home, might as well make pies and cookies and soup to bring to the kids and grandkids when they are sick. The daughters now send a non-sick kid out to get them from our car. Of course my one daughter caught some kind of illness and so did her youngest daughter. It doesn't appear to have the symptoms of the coronovirus, and you can't just go to the outpatient clinic. The oldest daughter is almost forty and she says she probably needs an antibiotic, it seems like some kind of secondary infection like they get sometimes after getting a common cold. She had one kid have Rhinovirus a week ago, then three days later they got the same thing. They usually just go to the outpatient clinic when that happens, thirty buck copay, but they may have to go to the emergency room now according to the hospital. Just to get an antibiotic. The granddaughter is ok, her cold is going away now and no secondary infection.

I told my daughter she should go and get it checked, but she does not want to pay that two hundred buck copay.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Virginia issues stay-at-home order until mid-June

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The Virginia stay-at-home order appears to be the longest-lasting in any state. Most others currently span through April, some stretch into May, and a few others are unclear.

This is just plane crazy.... I would have never dreamed in a millions years that the USA would start looking like communist China.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan issued a similar order. Violating the order in Maryland is a misdemeanor subject to a year in jail and a $5,000 fine, Hogan said.

Well there you go, China welds your doors shut, Maryland puts you behind welded bars..... not much different than communist China.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Maryland puts you behind welded bars..... not much different than communist China.

Can't go shopping? Can't go outside? That sucks.

edit on 3/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join