It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Extends Social Distancing Measures to April 30. When Do Small Businesses Re-Open?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
President Trump reevaluated his stance on ending social distancing by Easter, after conferring with his medical team, who reviewed several new models.

President Donald Trump on Sunday said that guidelines for Americans fighting the coronavirus will be extended to April 30.

The president said he thought about differentiating restrictions between different areas in the country, depending on the threat posed by the virus, but was strongly advised against it by the experts.

www.breitbart.com...

I only caught part of President Trump's coronavirus briefing today, but did hear him say that "by June 1, the United States would successfully be getting back to normal."

I was wondering whether businesses and schools could re-open by April 30, or if June 1st was the target date for that to happen. I then read the following in a just released article:

It will be up to state governors to decide when business will be allowed to reopen, but public health officials have said that the pandemic crisis is likely to last at least for two more months and that relaxation of current guidelines will ultimately depend on how successful different areas of the country are in containing the virus through social distancing measures.

I guess small businesses and schools will remained closed until April 30 and then it will be up to state governors to decide whether they can open back up. I can't imagine how many small business owners could hold out until June 1st, if worse comes to worst. Sucks for them and their employees.
edit on 3/29/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I guess small businesses and schools will remained closed until April 30 and then it will be up to state governors to decide whether they can open back up.

Governors can decide at any time when to relax the measures they have put in place. Before or after April 30.
Your own post says that.

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
When Do Small Businesses Re-Open?

Ask covid.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Since the average worker will now receive 100% of their normal check on unemployment until the end of July, I would hazard to guess mid July.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I still have to work, but at least I still get paid.
This is still setting my life plans back by another year, there's only so many months of usable weather for making progress.

I wonder if this tax scam will also send me free money short term... Or if I'm just stuck with the bill until I either die or live to see the end of this bad joke of a currency.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well, our governor is already leaning towards schools not opening for the rest of the normal school year, but I would hope business start opening again, after we crest the wave, peak, whichever, where the cases start declining.

Thankful I'm in a "necessary" job right now, with limited staff. Family members aren't so lucky right now.
edit on 29-3-2020 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
In his first speech about Easter, he said numerous times that they were shooting to have things happen before Easter, and that he was being optimistic that it would happen. He never said definitively that we were going to be open by Easter, he may have mentioned it but in his talking he explained it. Perfect setup for some people to use out of context sentences to make him look bad.

I listen to the whole speeches, trying to evaluate everything said. We went out shopping after that knowing it would be probably the end of April before it lightened up.

Most of us who listened to the speech knew he was trying to be optimistic, to keep people from thinking the world was ending, that there was a ray of hope in the future.

Doom and gloomers hate optimistic speeches though, they tear them apart and use them against the speaker.

Like I feel Coumo is stressed out having to deal with all the paranoic people in New York and is being spastic trying to cover his mistakes at predicting this was going to get that bad. I don't know him, he may be a decent person when everyone isn't badgering him to do something. He might need a vacation at a resort with padded cells before the new york catastrophe gets controlled. He doesn't seem to be handling this stress well, and I can guarantee you that I would be worse if I was in his shoes. See, now I put something out there that others can pick apart and use against me.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, our governor is already leaning towards schools not opening for the rest of the normal school year, but I would hope business start opening again, after we crest the wave, peak, whichever, where the cases start declining.

Thankful I'm in a "necessary" job right now, with limited staff. Family members aren't so lucky right now.

If that happens I wonder what the hourly workers will do? Most work part time, but can't draw unemployment during the summer when they're not scheduled even though they are not paid through the summer like salaried employees are. Not having a paycheck for the next three months is not going to be fun.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I guess small businesses and schools will remained closed until April 30 and then it will be up to state governors to decide whether they can open back up.

Governors can decide at any time when to relax the measures they have put in place. Before or after April 30.
Your own post says that.

Who’s to say it won’t be extended longer?

First 15, now 30.

Seems to be doubling.

Why are you so confident, Phage?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
....... We went out shopping after that knowing it would be probably the end of April before it lightened up. ....

So you knew he was probably lying, but you're defending him anyway. I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

When the ecomnomy is well and truely screwed and is over, then businesses will be allowed by the state, to open.

edit on 29-3-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: Phage

Your own post says that.

Who’s to say it won’t be extended longer?

First 15, now 30.

Seems to be doubling.

Why are you so confident, Phage?

Exactly.... they will keep extending it till crime rates become higher than the coronavirus....

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Since the average worker will now receive 100% of their normal check on unemployment until the end of July, I would hazard to guess mid July.

State max +$600.

Minimum wage ($~8/hr) workers in southern states are going to double their income on unemployment for a guaranteed 12 weeks.

This country isn't opening anytime soon even if the stay at home orders got lifted while i was typing this.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

....... We went out shopping after that knowing it would be probably the end of April before it lightened up. ....

So you knew he was probably lying, but you're defending him anyway. I don't get it.

Evidently you do not get the meaning of the word "optimistic" either.

Optimistic

op·ti·mis·tic /ˌäptəˈmistik/ Learn to pronounce adjective
adjective: optimistic
hopeful and confident about the future.

Def by Google

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

State max +$600.

Minimum wage ($~8/hr) workers in southern states are going to double their income on unemployment for a guaranteed 12 weeks.

This country isn't opening anytime soon even if the stay at home orders got lifted while i was typing this.

A huge factor is going to be confidence, where I live 80% + of incomes are derived through tourism and hospitality, this shutdown is an absolute nightmare for this area.

The landscape is going to be very different once the smoke clears.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
At this rate, there's not going to be any handout money cash boost to the economy at all. The hell is everyone supposed to spend the leftover surplus Government Bucks on after bills if there's nowhere to spend them other than the grocery store and fast food drive-thru?? The only businesses that stand to come out of this hot mess with remotely steady feet are the utilities.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Damn, I wish I was unemployed. My next check is looking like it's going to be 70hrs instead of 80hrs because we haven't been very busy. I could stay home and get paid more?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Banks
Something tells me the banks will be ok but work there is going to be a giant pain in the a if the currency switches standards.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

This was around the time there was news coming out of China, before they quarantined their cities even. I figured that it already had spread all over the place, just because people are always flying all over the world.

The government shouldn't incite panic, Trump was trying to follow the rules, causing people to fear seems to be the job of MSM. I am not afraid of this virus, I was more scared of what people would do when the press blew it all out of context.

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought people would go nuts over toilet paper though.
edit on 29-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
You don't read so good. Do you?

Before or after April 30.

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join