It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservation and Common Sense During the CORVID19 Shut Downs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Another common sense safety issue are minor health problems like small cuts and abrasions.

Take care of cuts and scrapes quickly and keep them dressed. You don't want a simple cut or wood sliver to become infected, that can get out of control and become a problem (even kill you) without getting sick from COVID19 or the flu.

Keep your finger and toe nails trimmed and clean. Finger nails can cause cuts and scratches and toe nails can get nasty fungal and other infections. Imagine the infection that could come from scratching your leg with a fungal toe nail when you're half asleep in bed.

Foot fungus, jock itch, ring worm, and "burnee butt" can all get pretty bad and cause lots of problems without proper treatment.

Don't let the small health problems get worse, nip it in the bud before it becomes a major health issue.

Everything I outlined here can be dealt with quickly with over the counter treatments and a properly supplied medicine cabinet. Bandages and antiseptics a must.
edit on 3-4-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here is a perfect example of how common sense situational awareness can save a trip to the ER.

My GF told me how one of her friends fell off a ladder, broke her ankle and had to go to the ER after she never left the house for the past three weeks due to the shut down. Lucky her better half was there to help her. She may have other injuries from what my GF said. I'm not saying that she was careless (I don't know that), more likely stir crazy and working a bunch of projects to keep busy.

"Stay Home, Stay Safe", I bet statistics say differently.

I've been doing work around the home and have used a step ladder twice. Both times I was very careful with footing and aware of anything I could land on that could cause serious injuries should I have fallen. Cross my fingers, but so far, so good.

<< 1   >>

join