It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to convince you otherwise about the covid-19 epidemic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: anzha

Good Thread! S&F

If the Covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths started approaching the common flu in my state (Illinois), I'd begin to take notice.

Right now, Emergency Rooms are normal, and "only" 47 people have died over the past 2 months due to Covid-19, as compared to 410, due to the flu.

I am watching it unfold here. Day 1, one case. Day 2, toe cases. Day 3 five cases; day 4, one death. Day 5, nine cases and three deaths.

It's in one of the three factories ( that we know of) and at least two nursing homes. More than 2,500 residents are over 65; another 2,500+ are at high risk with health factors.

Today is day six, and I'm waiting for new numbers to come out. Testing is only being done on those with symptoms that meet criteria, and keep in mind the 'positive' results we are hearing took 7-10 days to confirm.

Zero to nine in four days, with three deaths. I'm doubtful the 150 hospital beds will be enough for the 50,000+ residents, let alone the thousands of others from all the outlying rural communities that rely on it for medical care.

You don't see that there is a direct correlation between the number tests being done and the increase in numbers? That would happen with any flu, but because of the hype, more people are running off to get tested. In a normal situation, that would never happen. You're being stoked with fear by the media. Too bad.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've not seen anyone state this is the end of the world.
Nor have I seen anyone state this is a nothingburger.

The virus is really showing how many extremists there are on this site. There is no room for anything only black and white extreme positions. Like a 'either you're with me or you're with the terrorists' proposition.

Seems not to matter what anyone says, there seems to be some people here that will take even a hint of a poster being one side or the other of the debate and cast them as end of the world doom mongers or the opposite extreme end of the scale.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You don't see that there is a direct correlation between the number tests being done and the increase in numbers? a reply to: Blue Shift

Nobody here is being tested except those who have been exposed to the positive cases and those who have the symptoms.

The number of tests and how many have it is totally irrelevant to how close our healthcare system is getting to being overrun with serious cases.

We have an exceptionally large vulnerable population, and of the six that are still alive, three are fighting for their life. There are still five or so ICU beds available, but necessary supplies are running low.

Maybe I'm in the only small rural town in the states that is close to disaster. I hope so, and I hope the death count isn't anywhere near what models project it most likely will be.

edit on 700000022America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The only difference I see between this and the flu is hospitals being overwhelmed.

With the flu, the hospitals have a steady flow in and out, with very few serious cases needing more than a few days. With this virus being ten times more contagious, and serious cases requiring two/three weeks or more of hospitalization, medical staff and the supply chain can't keep up.

But, that is just the point,

The NHS already knew four/five years ago that they were not prepared for an Epidemic, or more correctly a Pandemic.
A major exercise Codenamed Exercise Cygnus, had a three-day dry run for a pandemic, and it failed....and it was kept secret by government..who have consistently failed to support the NHS for a long time now.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Guardian yesterday collates the shortcomings of the current goverment plans for the COVID-19 pandemic, with more failures to come. Testing was what the WHO wanted all along, instead of the silly buggers of the government in face of the outbreak, and the NHS will be overwhelmed.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So that was the plan all along? Just wait for the next pandemic and enslave the whole world?

How did I miss that?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I have been watching a lot of podcasts from this doctor when this thing started to explode, he doesn't speak English, only Spanish but with subtitles in English and Arabic, there is no youtube of it because I tried looking and I dont think that I will be able to upload it to youtube because you know im 100% sure it will be taken down

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE
If I'm not mistaken, the crying doctor video was proven to be fake in another thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What about those of us who are in between? Some of us acknowledge this is real and something you should be careful about but also think it's been overblown to an extent.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Dr UAE
If I'm not mistaken, the crying doctor video was proven to be fake in another thread.

Reminds me of this asshole who lied about coronavirus at his hospital.

There are lots of good doctors, but like any other group of people, some of them are scumbags too.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

So that was the plan all along? Just wait for the next pandemic and enslave the whole world?

How did I miss that?

Read the Guardian article, it has all the info, as for enslavement, Boris got in as PM thanks to, but conditionally from many, many northern UK labour supporters, not easily enslaved, not that I think that is the idea, this is about the running down of the NHS to the point of not being able to cope, and the last thing that was wanted was a pandemic. It's beginning to look like the NHS will not have anywhere near the equipment needed, some contracts have only been agreed, there will need to be some R&D done as well, and then have to be built, while time is of the essence...yet so many things to do.
edit on 29-3-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't see this as either extreme.

I see this as a flu like disease that kills a higher percentage of people than a regular flu and for the people that need ventilators, they are on them for a long time

The only thing that will change my mind is when we can all look back on this and really know what happened.

Until then, I'm in the group that is cautious

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

hasn't this been the case for a long time now on this site?

my family is paranoid and im trying to calm them down while at the same time trying to calm my self down without showing them.
my niece was with her girlfriend 10 days ago, they ate together and hugged each other because she (her friend) just came from abroad, and days later she felt sick so the ambulance came and took her for quarantine in a hospital, so my brother after hearing this told my niece to self quarantine and called the hospital, they sent a team and tested all the members of the house, next day they took here to the hospital and the government took my brother and his family to a hotel which was chosen exclusively to quarantine people until the results show up.

we are living in a crazy time

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

can you please link that thread

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't actually think many are saying "end of the world" it's definitely extremely serious, if the steps taken were not, this would be much worse..it still could and probably will get worse, in some areas.
We have about 900 cases, all withing 50 miles of me. 17 dead, 52 in ICU of the 81 hospitalised..not much more room at the inn.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Well i am not worrying about it much.

But if i would get a call from the man,
and he would be like- jeeeaboii this your man righ here, so lissen up up you know those meatbags that are always blaming us for their investment bubbles bustin an all dat? Yeah we decided to release a top of the line nasty bug out there so watch your back cause this (SNIP) is serious.

Then i would start hoarding toilet paper and booze and some candy.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
I will add, dozens of health care workers infected, also at least 8 doctors. I know 2 people tested and in quarantine, know of 3 others infected, one in very serious condition..it's as real as it gets.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Big happening...

On Corona, the Media, and Propaganda

Too much deception

Great article and information.

I've thought more than once late at night, what are they doing that they want everybody staying home for, especially liked the quote from Snowden about they will use this to increase survellience and control.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I will add, dozens of health care workers infected, also at least 8 doctors. I know 2 people tested and in quarantine, know of 3 others infected, one in very serious condition..it's as real as it gets.

Thing of it is?
Lotta folks here still in serious denial, and their rectal/cranial inversion is going to kill others. At least they like to crow about it, so they can be shamed.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: vonclod

Thing of it is?
Lotta folks here still in serious denial, and their rectal/cranial inversion is going to kill others. At least they like to crow about it, so they can be shamed.

I know, and like the plot of Idiocracy, they will survive, and breed.

They wont believe untill it really hits them, or a loved one..I honestly hope they don't have to live with that.

Stay safe and good luck!

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
There is a certain Darwinian aspect to denial, so in one sense the problem fixes itself. The collateral damage, however, is unacceptable to the rest of us.

What percentage is unacceptable? .1% .5% 1% 10%....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join