It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hailstones Weighing 45 Pounds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Can you imagine something that weighs 45 pounds?

The first thing that comes to my mind is an Olympic barbell. Anyone that has done some weight training would most likely be familiar with it. It is the bar you put weights on. By itself it weighs 45 pounds. Or a 5-gallon water jug, it weighs a little under 45 pounds, probably around 40 lbs give or take.

Now imagine something of such weight falling from heaven as hail. What would be the result. No doubt complete devastation!

In Revelation 16 we are given the vision of the coming battle of Armageddon. A war when God will vindicate his name before humankind, his Sovereignty, and his right rule.

Leading up to that battle Revelation tells us in that chapter that 3 unclean inspired expressions of demons go forth to all the rulers of the inhabited earth to gather them together to wage war against God.

The chapter ends telling us that right before that battle, that there will be a devastating hailstorm. It says (Revelation 16 21):

"Then great hailstones, each about the weight of a talent, fell from heaven on the people, and the people blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, for the plague was unusually great."

A talent is 20.4 kg or just about 45 lbs.

Will it be literal hail that falls from heaven? No doubt God can use any number of the natural elements to wage war against humankind. In the past he used hail mixed with fire and sulfur to bring destruction on Sodom, Gomorrah and the surrounding cities because of their badness.

To fully understand what it being referred to here, it would be good to know what water represents in the Bible. Hail is a form of congealed water.

Jesus said that the truth that comes forth from him is life-saving water. In fact he told the Samaritan woman by the well that anyone drinking from the water he gives would never get thirsty again, but would be a well that would bubble forth everlasting life.

In Isaiah people are told that the false religions of the world charge people money to give out food and water that has no benefit. That is the spiritual value is worthless, and yet they charge for it. But that the truth from the Bible that comes from God is free and offered to all without charge. Everyone is invited: 'Come take life's water free!' Isaiah 55 1.

"And the spirit and the bride keep on saying, “Come!” and let anyone hearing say, “Come!” and let anyone thirsting come; let anyone who wishes take life’s water free." Revelation 22 17.

So we see that the truth from the Bible is life-saving water. But what happens when this water, or truth, instead of following in a gentle stream, becomes congealed, and becomes a hard-hitting judgement message instead? It comes a plague.

Such will happen before Armageddon. A hard-hitting message will be released world-wide. At that time mankind will be feinting out of fear because of the great tribulation that will have taken hold of the earth.

This pandemic that we see unfolding now? As quickly as it started, the great tribulation will start. One day people will be shouting "peace and security!" And instantly destruction will befall false religion.

Biblical prophecy will be fulfilled. When religion is done away with, a world-wide proclamation of destruction, hard-hitting, hails of truth, the weight of a talent will be unleashed by God upon wicked humankind.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
and there's 100 pound hail stones, too.....unless that is the same new 45 pounders.....the decks on ships got hit by 100 pounders after the atomic test blast

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Will it be literal hail that falls from heaven? No doubt God can use any number of the natural elements to wage war against humankind. In the past he used hail mixed with fire and sulfur to bring destruction on Sodom, Gomorrah and the surrounding cities because of their badness.

When I was a child with a child's intellect these kind of stories impressed me... Now I ask myself why not show his/her/alien face and tell people how it is gonna be; save the death and destruction for something like mosquitoes.. Why anyone would worship something that destroys and causes so much pain not to mention the whole eternity in hell for you screwing up a couple of times is beyond me ?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
BS. That is not happening and you are full of crap.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Inconsequential
N.B. The previous verse says "Every island fled away and no mountains were to be found". The hail is part of a greater upheaval.

edit on 28-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

When I was a child with a child's intellect these kind of stories impressed me... Now I ask myself why not show his/her/alien face and tell people how it is gonna be; save the death and destruction for something like mosquitoes.. Why anyone would worship something that destroys and causes so much pain not to mention the whole eternity in hell for you screwing up a couple of times is beyond me ?

It's because mankind has not stopped their sinful ways, not because of a few mistakes. Have you repented of a life time of sinful ways? yes or no.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
and there's 100 pound hail stones, too.....unless that is the same new 45 pounders.....the decks on ships got hit by 100 pounders after the atomic test blast

My thought exactly.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
BS. That is not happening and you are full of crap.

Can you elucidate on why ?

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
We have a hail warning for tomorrow here in Michigan, around Detroit. I doubt cleaning my guns would prepare me for a battle with a legion from another dimension. I wonder if they like coffee or tea. I am a very agreeable, inviting human..

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog Sure. I don't recall 45 pound blocks or anything near it ever dropping from the sky naturally. I have never heard of anything near that dropping from the sky at any time in history. What could ever cause such a thing? I'm not familiar with anything that would do that.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i found it you guys

twitter.com...

edit on 28-3-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I have no intention of exegetical greek word hailstones and there 2000+ year old understanding from of all things, Johns mysterious book of Revelations but unlikely to be frozen water falling from the sky

Knowing Jewish literature and their constant use of hyperbole when describing unknown events.
Who knows

How would John describe a military ordinance explosion, something falling and shattering, raining like hail.
The bible is not all completely literal
edit on 28-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
where would you hide? You'd need a cave.

maybe you can sell doomsday hail shelters that withstand 45 pound hail.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman Yeah, the bible is all bs. You can't take it literally or figuratively. It is all nonsense.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman Yeah, the bible is all bs. You can't take it literally or figuratively. It is all nonsense.

And you are welcome to believe that lucky
Sad because you live in a society, made better because of it

But, more the pity your ignorance if anything

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

And you are welcome to believe that lucky
Sad because you live in a society, made better because of it

But, more the pity your ignorance if anything

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
where would you hide? You'd need a cave.

maybe you can sell doomsday hail shelters that withstand 45 pound hail.

You dig a J-Shaped underground shelter for you and your Family. As advised for over a decade here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The Bible is one doctrine of many taken from Humanities One-True History then bastardised and carried forward to today.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Have you repented of a life time of sinful ways?

Thats a personal thing, why is that any of your business and why do any decisions I make in my life affect you??
Thats actually kind of pompous and messed up.

yes or no.

I don't need to answer that since you have 0 authority on my views or my life.

On topic, there are parts of revelation I can see happening and some I don't.
Nature is a beast and man is foolish, I wouldn't rule anything out.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: 727Sky

It's because mankind has not stopped their sinful ways, not because of a few mistakes. Have you repented of a life time of sinful ways? yes or no.

If you knew how to properly interpret your religious doctrine you would know full well what mans "sinful ways" actually means.....it refers directly to the suppression of knowledge and the mass control of Humanity using the religious and monetary Systems.Suppression of the knowledge of what is about to hit us all globally in 2021....the use of money to influence who has this knowledge which can be used to prepare and to survive....to rule again once Humanity re-stablishes is numbers and organizes again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join