It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Then: LOOK at the numbers!!! ||| Now: Numbers are meaningless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that the main motivation for this imposed worldwide quarantine and workforce shutdown (which has only really affected middle class), was always the NUMBERS.

In the news, in my daily conversations with friends and family, and even here on ATS. The main focus was on the numbers of death, the infection rate, the supposed death rate.

Then this global (1/3 of the world I believe) has been put in effect. Based on this focus on numbers and statistics.

Now suddenly, statistics don't matter and are meaningless.

Hmm. Well ok then.

Now hospitals are overwhelmed. No #! The number one place to spread virulent diseases is the hospital (and airports). If everyone gets panic-fueled and everyone with a mild cough goes to the hospital, everyone crowds the food aisle of the supermarkets, ppl crowd parks due to being forced to stay away from work and school for weeks (with no Actual effective quarantine in effect), the result UNDENIABLY caused MORE infections.

So now we'll just see MORE infections, MORE HOSPITALs BEING overwhelmed, and we're told to keep justifying the measures that actually contributed to this, meanwhile continuing to obey without questions those who put in place these measures in the first place.

Question everything. Even your own core beliefs. If they are based on sound foundations, then you'll come to the same conclusions everytime. Therefore, listen to every side. Look at this from every angle. What do you have to lose?

Give a listen to the skeptics and the believers. Keep an open mind, but always question.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Question everything. Even your own core beliefs. If they are based on sound foundations, then you'll come to the same conclusions everytime. Therefore, listen to every side. Look at this from every angle. What do you have to lose?

I don't see any sound foundations in your post, only unsubstantiated assumptions.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There’s a whole forum dedicated to rants.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

You're completely missing the point.
Not asking you to question other ppls beliefs. Question your own. I'm not bringing hard facts to try and convince you of anything tangible.

The one thing im trying to convince you of is to always question everything, and look at things from every angle.

I'm a questioner. Not an authority in position to enforce rules upon you (question those). You can disregard the way I look at things if you'd like, that's perfectly fine. But I'd suggest you listen to those who are begging to be heard (if they're nonsensical then that's the end of that. But give them a chance).

We all listen to the official narrative of major events and decisions. But do we all listen to those who question it? Or do we listen to one particular outlandish claim and label the rest of them as ludicrous?

Meh, I may not be making much sense, I admit my thought process is a bit wild. I'm not the best person to listen to if you want a good viewpoint of an issue

All I ask is that we listen to every narrative, fairly, before casting judgment and deciding our "one source" to be the only accurate honest one.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

well, we are currently giving up parts of our fundamental rights, justified by the fact that it is for the good of the general public. what is the basis for the belief that this virus could potentially end in disaster? dates, numbers, knowledge. eyewitness accounts don't play a big role in this. it's about the big picture. i don't know if all these measures are really justified, i'm neither a virulologist nor a doctor or biologist, so i have to rely on their expertise. and actually, all of them confirm the sense of the measures.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
All of my ramblings can be summed up in one shortnthought:

Are you 100% convinced the media and elected officials are being transparent, honest, and act selflessly in favour of our best interest, at all times?

If not, maybe we should hear out those who claim to have evidence for this. What do you have to lose?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i believe the cases are way under reported. I live in new jersey and everyone i know , from coworkers to family, are sick with corona virus symptoms but no one is getting tested or going to the doctors. they are just staying home and trying to get better on their own. No body wants to wait in line for a test or go to a crazy hospital unless they are dying. So i think the numbers are way inaccurate.a reply to: iammrhappy86

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Current deaths worldwide 27,185 recover 132,520

27-18-51-32-5-PB-20

I’ll let you know if they’re meaningless after the Powerball drawing Saturday .

Kidding aside there’s only two figures I ever gave credence to .

The percentage of mild versus serious cases and the daily new case figures. The former told me how serious the infection is . The latter gives an idea of when the infections will peak in each country .

top topics

join