It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Mentally Prepared For The Casualties?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

The potential for triage is highly sobering.

Not so much getting in as the problem, as not getting in.

Sorry, your dad is too old, doesn't have as much life ahead.

Reality sucks.

edit on 3/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

oh no;
What happens everyday is happening today....... let’s collapse every economy over it

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Might be mixing me up with someone else Phage. My dad died in '96.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

What happens everyday is happening today

Not where I live.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
a reply to: infolurker

That is a very good question. For me, if I wind up in the hospital I will not allow my husband or daughter to visit me at all. If I am that sick that I am in need of hospital care i would insist they leave me be; I am confident they would listen. However, if either one of them winds up in the hospital nothing would stop me from visiting them.

You can't. You will not be allowed.

I assume that is what the police and guard forces are for. To prevent people from entering the quarantined zones.

i am a retired RN, may have to report to assist; so I am not worried about not being able to have access to my husband or daughter if they were hospitalized. Contingency plans.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

You might be misunderstanding. I wasn't speaking specifically, but generally.

My dad died in 2012. He wasn't put out to pasture because there was no room for him in the hospital. The thought that may happen to others is, sobering.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The thought that may happen is, sobering.

It seems in some places it already is

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Yes, this is going to happen here soon.

Only patients under 60 are getting ventilators in Italy as hospitals are overwhelmed by coronavrius crisis
www.thesun.co.uk...

Israeli doctor in Italy: We no longer help those over 60
www.jpost.com...

Spanish Doctors Are Forced to Choose Who to Let Die

As the country becomes the pandemic’s hotspot, people are dying in hospital waiting rooms before they can even be admitted.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Apologies, I did misunderstand. I also agree.

One of my other worries is that many seem to feel that triage will apply only to the most senior of us and, even then, only those with the most dire of underlying health issues. Choosing between a healthy 18 year old and a sickly 94 year old doesn't present an abstractly difficult choice. However having to choose between a healthy 35 year old and a 35 year old with a treatable problem, diabetes or high blood pressure, for example - far less obvious of a moral dilemma.

There are some fairly chilling conversations happening these days about these aspects of medical ethics.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

oh no;
What happens everyday is happening today....... let’s collapse every economy over it

Enjoy your stock market blood money.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There are quite a few wealthy oldsters where I live and I know they are buying respirators. They know they will not receive the attention of a youngster should they get ill.

As a not healthy oldster I know I would be on the bottom of the list if I fell ill and I also know these selfish neighbors would never share.

I keep my mouth shut but they could be causing a healthier person to perish due to a lack of ventilators.

This is sobering stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

oh no;

Enjoy your stock market blood money.

You do realize that the millions upon millions of people being laid off right now in America are not stock market tycoons, right?

And if the economy actually does collapse it effects everyone?

Now, to be honest and having had a few drinks, I would probably welcome it.

I'd be fine, you'd be dead.

A big glob of chlorine in the gene pool seems needed right now.

Just let social Darwinism take over for a year or two... then those that are left can rebuild.

Win/win for humanity at large.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

All the youngsters picture anyone with more than 10 dollars in their pocket as mister monopoly guy holding all those stock market shares as he laughs at the common man.

It's all the rage with the kiddo's.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes, they are starting to set up coronavirus Isolation Zones in State Parks

State Parks Are Becoming Coronavirus Isolation Zones
www.outsideonline.com...

Interesting.

In California, which is already under a “shelter in place” order, the governor has ordered the parking lots to state parks locked; ostensibly to stop people from violating the “social distancing” directives.

But wouldn’t that also, conveniently, free up those parks to be used as isolation zones?

Of course, not such plans have been publicly announced...yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

But wouldn’t that also, conveniently, free up those parks to be used as isolation zones?
Possible. With temporary structures.

Is that bad?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Enjoy crashing the stock market and the world based off of deaths that happen everyday.... you realize the mortality rate for humans and every living thing is 100%

My love of life ; is stronger than my fear of death

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I live by a creek, I can eat frogs, snakes and small turtles and minnows for a few years
lol.. I would if I had to but it won't come to that... Will have a decent garden this year just hope I make it when its ready for a pickens

ah snap I forgot to add mudbugs too..
edit on 26-3-2020 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Possible. With temporary structures.

Is that bad?

“Bad”?

No. Understandable. But very disturbing nonetheless.

If the authorities are making plans such as this, it would seem to indicate that they expect the situation to become much worse than anyone really wants to consider.

And if, a big IF, they have made such plans And decided that it was best that the public not be advised...Might it be because they are seriously concerned about the public’s reaction to such information?

Perhaps we can’t handle the truth?

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

If the authorities are making plans such as this, it would seem to indicate that they expect the situation to become much worse than anyone really wants to consider.
Yes. The authorities expect the situation to get worse. Very much worse in some places.

And if, a big IF, they have made such plans And decided that it was best that the public not be advised.
A little late for that, actually.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The casualty and infection ratios are not exponential so that chart will start becoming more and more inaccurate as the weeks go by. Alot of what you're witnessing now with new and existing cases are people who got it before social distancing and stay at home orders. Even a week ago it didn't seem as big of a deal and definitely not two weeks ago, for me anyways.

As the existing cases come to light via awareness and availability of testing, so will the death count proportionately. Then, new cases will suddenly lessen by the day, quickly becoming smaller and smaller as we've seen with China. Once they're really low or close to 0, people will go back out because they aren't carrying it and the carriers are mostly all quarantined or recovered.

New infections will drop off first, followed by death rate eventually after the weakest physically pass away with new infections being extremely low.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join