It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake County Sheriff’s Office suspends all purchase and CCW permit applications citing COVID19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

Can’t be any worse than Feel-Good McFadden in Meck. I’m curious to see if McFadden tries to go the same route. The application office in Meck sounds like it’s busier on average than the Wake office does so he has less of a leg to stand on but if Baker gets challenged on this and somehow prevails, I think McFadden would have a closure order issued before Baker finished his press conference.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It’s a thin brown line, in this case.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

It was a joke, dude. Argue all you want, the guard has a long way to go before the jokes stop.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I fear the Puddle Pirates more than the NG.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Tell him he is free to conduct himself however he chooses to do so as sheriff. Just no tears when you are removed from office and jailed for breaking the law or just put to death without benefit of trial because someone thought that you had declared the county Without Rule Of Law (WROL).

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ALTO SU BARCO AHORA

Good video to kill a couple of minutes, if you haven’t seen it. Since you’re not being a productive member of society right now, I mean.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Is that the sub video?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

It was a joke, dude. Argue all you want, the guard has a long way to go before the jokes stop.

I'm fine with the jokes. As a Marine before I joined the NG we both threw out good ribbings. End of the day though the NG is is actually a very good force. Most are college students so right there, not a bunch of dummies. They may only serve one weekend a month but that weekend is packed with training. Nobody should be scared of them or concerned.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Highly unlikely the NG is carrying weapons. Even during Katrina when SHTF we could only have 2 rounds. As for qualifying as you say every three years you have horrible information. They qualify annually and most are very good shots. Might be a few in a unit that don't have good scores. They take qualifying seriously. I have been in the NG in 4 different states over a few decades. They always took it seriously. As for the obesity, yes that is a concern but it has improved. Career is dead if one can't pass a weight and a PT test.

Police departments should have that requirement as well. I'm not in good shape but I think I could still outrun several of our local PD members. Some of them are breathing heavy just getting out of their cars.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It is. They even made coffee mugs out of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

See, that's why I'm more askeert of those guys than the Weekend Warriors.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

That’s one of the sheriff’s arguments. You don’t need a gun during a pandemic so this is a non-issue.

So a pandemic removes the Constitution?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

It's called the dunlap disease.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

No, if you watch the press conference another member posted he actually goes the other direction than what you’re saying. He starts down the road of implying you only need a firearm in an emergency, and since this isn’t an emergency you don’t need one. He stops himself and changes direction, but it’s pretty obvious. So it appears he thinks your 2A rights only apply in an emergency.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

So he is a bull$hit artist.

The sad truth is that most Sheriffs and Police Chiefs are not for the rights of the citizens and are merely a politician with a firearm.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I guess people want to shoot the virus or shoot people who spit on them in self-defense.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

yet somehow the SO’s statement specifically says that the decision does not infringe on anybody’s ability to purchase a handgun. The SO claims that the decision was made partly to keep people from lining up at the application office, and partly because they have so many applications to process they can’t do so within the timeframe required by state law.

Article 1

Article 2

You only need a permit to purchase from a firearms dealer. As always, you are free to buy and sell guns amongst yourselves as private citizens. Home of the Free!

This only shows that the demand for guns from gun shops is really high right now and that the system has its limitations when it comes to processing new applications.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Wow...

Some of these officials must have just been waiting for an opportunity and an excuse. This is not the first (or unfortunately the last) I have heard them throwing a wrench in the 2A works.

What is really amazing is places essentially freezing gun/ammo purchases while at the same time others announcing they will be backing off enforcement of lesser crimes.

If that's not enough motivation to rectify ones self defense status, I don't know what will do it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

You only need a permit to purchase from a firearms dealer. As always, you are free to buy and sell guns amongst yourselves as private citizens. Home of the Free!

If you’re gonna try and correct me you should probably double check to make sure you’re right and I’m not first.

In order to buy a handgun from a private individual or dealer, the buyer will need either a pistol purchase permit or a concealed handgun permit.

Section 2, subsection B, paragraph 1.

So yes, it highlights that the application system can’t handle an uptick in applications, and when faced with that uptick they’ll shut it down and deny people’s right to even attempt to own a firearm.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Seeing a 200%-plus increase in concealed carry permits and purchase permits, Wake County (NC) Sheriff has announced that his office will not be accepting new applications between now and 30 April. In the state of North Carolina one must obtain a “pistol purchase permit” before purchasing a handgun, and must have a permit to carry concealed if one chooses to do so. Both permits must be obtained through the sheriff’s office in the county in which one resides. This decision effectively stops anybody from being able to do either of those things in Wake County from now until the end of April, yet somehow the SO’s statement specifically says that the decision does not infringe on anybody’s ability to purchase a handgun. The SO claims that the decision was made partly to keep people from lining up at the application office, and partly because they have so many applications to process they can’t do so within the timeframe required by state law.

Those of you worried about the National Guard rolling in to town, comprised of a bunch of guys who can’t fit in their uniforms with some other guys who haven’t qualified with their weapon in three years, all of whom probably got lost at least twice on the way to your town should really, really be infinitely more worried about your local government doing things like this.

Article 1

Article 2

S&F for what your statement that I bolded.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join