It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Abortion...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is a double standerd from a selfish human perspective. and forgeting that God is pure, holy and Just.

Children are a way of God blessing a marriage. God's encouragement to be content (1 Timothy 6:6-10) not only applies to financial blessings but also the blessing of children. Our greatest joy is knowing that our names are written in heaven (Luke 10:20). Because we have a place waiting for us in heaven (John 14:2,3) we can be happy in life, even though we may experience some sadness and setbacks. if he takes that blessing away beofre it is born that is his choice. If you really want to be arrogent you might as well blame God for all the unborn children that end up as a womens period.

This is something Theologians have been debating since probly moses's time. but the simple matter is, God is Holy, God is Just and God is without sin. (how else could he be holy?)

God hates the sinner as well as the sin, and he loves the sinner too. In proclaiming the message of Law or exposing our rebellion and utter sinfulness, God makes it clear that he hates all sinners when we are viewed as sinners under his law. And when proclaiming his message of Gospel and announcing full forgiveness for sinners purely by grace and through the work of Jesus Christ, God makes it clear that he loves the entire world of sinners and desires to bring us to glory.

Our task is to proclaim both truths in tandem, not confusing them or limiting them in any way. The danger of denying that God hates us sinners when viewed as sinners is that it downplays the preachment of the law and tampers with the work of the law to prepare souls for the announcement of the gospel. The messages are purposely contradictory, and when faithfully proclaimed together (but not confused or blended with each other) they serve God's good purposes.

Scripture does not reveal what happens to babies who die through abortion or miscarriage. It reveals that all people are conceived and born with sin (Psalm 51:5) and that without faith in the forgiveness given in Christ are lost. Normally God works such a faith through the Word and the Sacraments--Baptism and the Lord's Supper. But with aborted or miscarried children, we do not have the opportunity to baptize them, nor can we share the Word of God with them.

Therefore we cannot be certain about their eternal future. We cannot say they go to heaven, but we wouldn't condemn them to a future in hell either. We leave such children in the hands of a loving God, knowing that he will do all things well. The tragedy, especially in the case of an induced abortion, is that we cut short this life before we have an opportunity to share the gospel in Word and Sacrament. Thus, the certainty of the gospel promise is replaced by the uncertainty of not knowing the eternal future of the child.

One section that may give comfort and hope to a mother who has lost a child through miscarriage or abortion is the account of John the Baptizer responding with joy to the news of Jesus' birth (Luke 1:44). Yet what was true for John, who was set apart from birth for a special purpose, may not be true for all people. God can work faith directly in the heart of a child, even before birth. But he has not promised to do so.

truthseeka, live up to your name. You probly don't even know what the word "repent" really means. It means "To turn away from" or "To turn away from sin" the only time that I think that could of happened was on the cross when Jesus said "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" in that case God repented or "Turned away" from his son. It has nothign to do with God sinning. maybe you should go and see if the Admins will change your name into Liegivah

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

How many people have had miscarriages? This is only regarding people who have had them without any reason. How is it that people who go in for an abortion get flamed,but when GOD decides to flush a fetus down the toilet everyone jsut says " Oh thats ok.....lets try again" or "GOD knows what he is doing"

a miscarriage is a sign that something is very wrong either with the motehr or with the fetus, or it may even be cause by accidents or abuse. its not a choice. maybe a miscarriage is a way to protec the mother or the child form later and worse problems... you dont flush the fetus out with salt in a misscarriage...its nature or god's protection ?? who knows ... but it surelly isnt a choice...

another thing i dont get is why is it Christianity is always pointed out as the religion of those who "allow nothing" ??? i mean take a look at Islam... gay ppl get beheaded...because beeing gay is considered an horrible offense to Allah, women that commicte abortions are stonned to death because its an offense to Allah...

Does Buddhims condone abortions?? i dont thnk so...yet its always the Christians that get pointed out ...

i doubt there is any religion that condone abortion...

[edit on 15-3-2005 by BaastetNoir]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join