It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to buckle up... Iceland finds and deciphers 40 mutations of Covid-19

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This coming out just now...

A genetics firm in Iceland has been very diligent in mapping their findings when testing people on Iceland for Corona.

Apperently they have been able to map 40 distinct versions of covid-19 on Iceland alone.
They have also succeeded in following the infection chain and found that the original spread started from three seperate clusters:
England, Austria and Italy.

This ofcourse also means finding a vaccine is going to be near impossible.... good luck folks.
Things just got very real.

Google translated article from 8pm gmt+1

40 mapped mutations
edit on 23/3/20 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Oh great.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

A genetics firm in Iceland has been very diligent in mapping their findings when testing people on Iceland for Corona.

Apperently they have been able to map 40 distinct versions of covid-19 on Iceland alone.
They have also succeeded in following the infection chain and found that the original spread started from three seperate clusters:

This ofcourse also means finding a vaccine is going to be near impossible.... good luck folks.
Things just got very real.

Google translated article from 8pm gmt+1

40 mapped mutations

Hmm, almost like it was engineered to constantly evolve/mutate, or that is just how viruses work.

I'm a bit desensitised to it all atm.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well that just sucks.

Could that explain then, some of the greatly varying reports, of possible sterility, stomach symptoms, neurological issues, and such?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

That seems like a lot.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I won't probably get the vaccine anyway. I would rather get the disease and have my immune system analyze how to kill it which will lead to it always just being another minor pain in the butt bug I have to deal with every year.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

According to the article, this looks like good news.

similar to the pattern we see with the flu, and we can live with that. I’m not saying that this is how all variants get, but there is a tendency for it to develop that way. This means that viruses can infect more because it is better adapted, but it is not the disease-causing virus variants that survive. These are the variants that cause less disease. "

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The flu mutates numerous times throughout ONE season, but all y’all sheep still take the “vaccine” even though it only protects against ONE strain. So what’s your point????
edit on 23-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That's why there are no vaccines for cold causing viruses like Corona.

They mutate constantly.

There are probably a thousand + variants already for just this 1.

Imagine what's going on with the other 200+ cold viruses...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
The flu mutates numerous times throughout ONE season, but all y’all sheep still take the “vaccine” even though it only protects against ONE strain. So what’s your point????

I got vaccinated for 4 strains this year.... please find me a scientific article that says its normal to have 40 mutation in what.... 3 weeks!! Icelanda first confirmed case was Feb 28th.

I know it says it might be good, but think about it, 40 strains, not all of them are gonna be nice. That wouldnt make sense. However what else could they say... to not make people panic. This more or less says that Covid 19 is now completely uncontrollable unless we invoke complete lockdown in all EU. I mean China style...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

similar to the pattern we see with the flu, and we can live with that. I’m not saying that this is how all variants get, but there is a tendency for it to develop that way. This means that viruses can infect more because it is better adapted, but it is not the disease-causing virus variants that survive. These are the variants that cause less disease. "

Great, can we get on with life and work and end
the unconstitutional lock downs?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Welp. Time to let the world governments weld us in our houses. It's our duty, as world citizens to let them do this.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Sounds like those vaccines are doing there “job”.....

It’s general known knowledge that mutations happen all the time. And are essential to reduce the “strength or lethality” of said virus..... that’s why the common cold is so mild....... keeping people away from the virus and allowing it to mutate on its own is FAR more dangerous.

Basic virus knowledge

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

I got vaccinated for 4 strains this year.... please find me a scientific article that says its normal to have 40 mutation in what.... 3 weeks!! Icelanda first confirmed case was Feb 28th.

I know it says it might be good, but think about it, 40 strains, not all of them are gonna be nice. That wouldnt make sense. However what else could they say... to not make people panic. This more or less says that Covid 19 is now completely uncontrollable unless we invoke complete lockdown in all EU. I mean China style...

I did one Google of cold virus mutation and found the answer in under 3 minutes.

The mutation rate has been estimated to range from 10−3 to 10−5 mutations per nucleotide per genome replication event (8). At ∼7,200 nucleotides long, the rhinovirus genome would be expected to accumulate roughly 1 mutation per replication cycle.

It constantly mutates. Of course that's the RV but CoV is similar in this regard.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
We still have a chance if my Aliens are next......if my conjecture is right

Aliens can save us yes....no
edit on 23-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Great, can we get on with life and work and end
the unconstitutional lock downs?

So listen, I'm with World Citizens United (WCU) annnnd I'm going to need you to go ahead and step back, close your door. *ignites blow torch*. Just get back inside sir, if you don't do this, millions will die.

******Meanwhile, Steve ignites a flamethrower.

You: "A flamethrower???"

WCU: "It's for the greater good!"

You: "What????"

WCU: "FOR THE GREATER GOOD!"

You: "NOooooooo!!!!"

edit on 23-3-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

They have also succeeded in following the infection chain and found that the original spread started
from three seperate clusters England, Austria and Italy.

So where is the Chinese connection? The animal slaughter house where

it was supposed to have crossed over from animal (snake bat pangplin)

to human?

edit on 23-3-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

to human?

No, the wet market where the Chinese Lab employees sold the test animals to for a quick buck.
edit on 23-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well, isn't that how viruses work? They mutate at unbelievable rates? More mutations the more chances they make mistakes and antibodies are created, this isn't really bad news, this means the virus is grasping at straws.
edit on 23-3-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

to human?

That's just a BS story out of China mate. This virus is a tool and designed for purpose.
edit on 23-3-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join