It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to buckle up... Iceland finds and deciphers 40 mutations of Covid-19

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Not all bad news in that article it also says:

A probable scenario is that the virus develops to become more contagious, but less dangerous for those affected, says Danish virologist

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

This has also been said by public health officials when asking us to take it seriously. Its RNA based and mutates with every infection.

The less hosts it has, the less times we roll a dice in creating a more effective version of it.

We need a hard lock down. People are still talking about it not being that bad out of sheer ignorance and wishful thinking. Thank you OP for sharing. S&F

edit on 24-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
The flu mutates numerous times throughout ONE season, but all y’all sheep still take the “vaccine” even though it only protects against ONE strain. So what’s your point????

What flu vaccine do you know that only has one strain in it?

Every flu vaccine I've ever heard of has 2-3 strains or more.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ApCadmus

No! It just doesn't work like this... Your equation just doesn't make any sense ontologically. You just took recovered number and divided it by deaths number, which just doesn't tell anything.
For now, it is plainly impossible to calculate fatality rate.
Furthermore, you can't calculate any fatality rate without time range... for My sake.
edit on 3 25 2020 by IgnorantGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think that viruses mutate all the time - that is how they evolve- but that does not mean that it will become more dangerous as most of the mutations are harmless.

-MM

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ApCadmus
a reply to: DustybudzZ

It's just raw math and stats.

In Italy there is currently a 45% death rate, 55% recovery rate.
prntscr.com...

This is CLOSED CASES.

It does not represent the open cases. 45% of CLOSED cases are death.

There are still 54,030 active cases

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I won't probably get the vaccine anyway. I would rather get the disease and have my immune system analyze how to kill it which will lead to it always just being another minor pain in the butt bug I have to deal with every year.

Numerous reports of people catching it twice. No proof of immunity at all in previously infected so yeah...good luck playing your game of Russian Roullette.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
40 versions of..... the same virus. Its like comparing 1 human to another, 2 humans, one with blue eyes, one with brown.
But hey, lets stoke some more fear right!? Thats what we really need!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: rickymouse
I won't probably get the vaccine anyway. I would rather get the disease and have my immune system analyze how to kill it which will lead to it always just being another minor pain in the butt bug I have to deal with every year.

Numerous reports of people catching it twice. No proof of immunity at all in previously infected so yeah...good luck playing your game of Russian Roullette.

Yeah, you can have one strain then catch another mutated strain. That happens with the flu. If a kid catches the first or original strain type they gain long term immunity to all of the offsprings to the strain, unless of course their immune system is being goofed up by certain food additives or some meds that block our ability to initiate a proper response. One of the over the counter meds that can cause problems is benedryl. But there are many more on the market these days. there are lots of antihistamine chemistries at the stores, depending on what histamine they block, they could effect our resistance to many types of microbes inclusing viruses.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

People can wait for vaccines for all the mutations to come.
Or turn to solutions that work NOW and FOREVER in the future:

New York hospitals treating coronavirus patients with vitamin C

“The patients who received vitamin C did significantly better than those who did not get vitamin C.”
“It helps a tremendous amount, but it is not highlighted because it’s not a sexy drug.”

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

That is outstanding!

The nutritionist Gary Null has been saying for years intravenous vitamin C is very good with viruses.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: flice
This coming out just now...

A genetics firm in Iceland has been very diligent in mapping their findings when testing people on Iceland for Corona.

Apperently they have been able to map 40 distinct versions of covid-19 on Iceland alone.
They have also succeeded in following the infection chain and found that the original spread started from three seperate clusters:
England, Austria and Italy.

This ofcourse also means finding a vaccine is going to be near impossible.... good luck folks.
Things just got very real.

Google translated article from 8pm gmt+1

40 mapped mutations

Hmm, almost like it was engineered to constantly evolve/mutate, or that is just how viruses work.

I'm a bit desensitised to it all atm.

This is generally how Viruses work.. There are a few factors involved, but mostly, a virus evolves due to the environment it is in. Individual DNA of a host plays a major part. Slight differences due to sex, race and geography plays a major role in how a virus changes in order to survive and multiply.

It's normal behavior.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Fact: Wim Hof was the first person in human history known to have an immune system that was able to resist Escherichia coli endotoxin without getting sick. (Just so you know, according to the World Health Organisation, it is estimated that up to 10% of patients with STEC (Shiga toxin-producing E. coli) infection may develop HUS, with a case-fatality rate ranging from 3 to 5%. www.who.int...) The next known cases were the 12 volunteers that he trained. Think about it. Before him no human, ever, no matter how strong immune system they had, whether they had a healthy diet, trained, exercised, meditated, took vitamins, NO ONE, EVER beat E-coli before him. You don't have to be a genius to understand what that means. Practising a simple breathing technique gives you MUCH better chances of survival. How? It is simpler than washing your hands with sanitizer:

Wim's breathing technique makes your body release Epinephrine, which in turn leads to increased production of Interleukin 10 and other anti-inflammatory agents in the body while at the same time it dampens the pro-inflammatory Cytokine response. Also the accompanying hyperventilation floods the blood with oxygen and also results in a higher number of white blood cells. The white blood cells fight disease and the oxygen ensures faster recovery.

So as a net effect, you don't get sick; if you do have some mild symptoms you recover much faster. And more importantly, you do not get inflamed lungs and you don't DIE from pneumonia when you have Coronavirus!

Sources of the Wim Hof study in response to comments below by people that do not know how to use google:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.pnas.org...
www.nature.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...

In video format: www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

Finally, the technique only takes 10 minutes a day to practise, and Wim shares the technique with the whole world FOR FREE:
www.youtube.com...

Also he has the free app available for download on his official website:
www.wimhofmethod.com...
He travels the world teaching people how to never be sick, at no charge. Please consider supporting him.

Interviews:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ApCadmus

But, doesn't it mainly affect people who are relatively advanced in age or those with immunodeficiency? References, please!

China always lies about numbers. That's why they really lack legitimacy as a government on the international stage.
edit on 26-3-2020 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Reference this:

www.biorxiv.org...

That is the original report that came from the WUHAN Virology Laboratory after the outbreak.

www.nature.com...

And that is the report from 2005 that recommended everybody be inoculated.

Conclusion: This research provides a viable strategy for the prevention and treatment of SARS coronavirus infection with equine hyper-immune globulin, with the purpose of combating any resurgence of SARS.

Taken from the Wikipedia about Hepatitis:

Examination of sequences in the zebra finch have pushed the origin of this genus back at least to 40 million years ago and possibly to 80 million years ago. Chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, and gibbons species cluster with human isolates.

Non primate species included the woodchuck hepatitis virus, the ground squirrel hepatitis virus and arctic squirrel hepatitis virus.

A number of bat infecting species have also been described. It has been proposed that a New World bat species may be the origin of the primate species.

Report from the Hepatology Labs:

aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Liver impairment is commonly reported in up to 60% of patients who suffer from severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

Here we report the clinical course and liver pathology in three SARS patients with liver impairment. Three patients who fulfilled the World Health Organization case definition of probable SARS and developed marked elevation of alanine aminotransferase were included.

Percutaneous liver biopsies were performed. Liver specimens were examined by light and electron microscopy, and immunohistochemistry.

Other common pathologic features included ballooning of hepatocytes and mild to moderate lobular lymphocytic infiltration.

However, electron microscopy could not identify viral particles. No giant mitochondria, micro‐ or macro‐vesicular steatosis was observed.

In conclusion, hepatic impairment in patients with SARS is due to SARS‐associated coronavirus infection of the liver.

In addition to the aforementioned tests for Viral Hepatitis, routine microbiological investigations included blood, urine, and sputum culture for bacterial pathogens. The acute and convalescent sera were tested in parallel for SARS‐associated coronavirus immunoglobulin G, with SARS‐CoV–infected Vero cells fixed in acetone in an indirect immunofluorescent format.

But, doesn't it mainly affect people who are relatively advanced in age or those with immunodeficiency?

Short answer - No!
edit on 26-3-2020 by Android86 because: Coffee

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

this is the thing I dont get, genetics taught me that not all mutations are beneficial to the organism, so why is it that when we see these viruses mutate they somehow always get more virulent and deadly as a result , their mutations always appear beneficial , is it just that being a virus it mutates so many millions of times and the we only see the one that survives because it was that one beneficial mutation?

Im guessing then its purely just numbers

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This coming out just now...

A genetics firm in Iceland has been very diligent in mapping their findings when testing people on Iceland for Corona.

Apperently they have been able to map 40 distinct versions of covid-19 on Iceland alone.
They have also succeeded in following the infection chain and found that the original spread started from three seperate clusters:

This ofcourse also means finding a vaccine is going to be near impossible.... good luck folks.
Things just got very real.

40 mapped mutations

From the article:
"A probable scenario is that the virus develops to become more contagious, but less dangerous for those affected, says Danish virologist".

Lets hope it does become less dangerous. However, I think it's way too early to make any judgement. I would imagine, if this is true, this could explain the differences in mortality rates in different countries, for example Germany.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Android86

Fair enough--thank you for the information! In no way am I an expert on this. I'm not going to pretend that I fully understood your post, but that would be on me, since I haven't done much research on this.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

40 mapped mutations

That's not quite what it says.

“We have the genes from more than 400 infections. The interesting thing about that sequencing is that we can track where the virus came from. Some came from Austria. There is another type from people who were infected in Italy. And there is a third type of virus found in people infected in England. Seven people had attended a football match in England. ’

That says nothing about where it originally started, it just points out the origin of the particular variation.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rolci
Fact: Wim Hof was the first person in human history known to have an immune system that was able to resist Escherichia coli endotoxin without getting sick. (Just so you know, according to the World Health Organisation, it is estimated that up to 10% of patients with STEC (Shiga toxin-producing E. coli) infection may develop HUS, with a case-fatality rate ranging from 3 to 5%. www.who.int...) The next known cases were the 12 volunteers that he trained. Think about it. Before him no human, ever, no matter how strong immune system they had, whether they had a healthy diet, trained, exercised, meditated, took vitamins, NO ONE, EVER beat E-coli before him. You don't have to be a genius to understand what that means. Practising a simple breathing technique gives you MUCH better chances of survival. How? It is simpler than washing your hands with sanitizer:

Wim's breathing technique makes your body release Epinephrine, which in turn leads to increased production of Interleukin 10 and other anti-inflammatory agents in the body while at the same time it dampens the pro-inflammatory Cytokine response. Also the accompanying hyperventilation floods the blood with oxygen and also results in a higher number of white blood cells. The white blood cells fight disease and the oxygen ensures faster recovery.

So as a net effect, you don't get sick; if you do have some mild symptoms you recover much faster. And more importantly, you do not get inflamed lungs and you don't DIE from pneumonia when you have Coronavirus!

Sources of the Wim Hof study in response to comments below by people that do not know how to use google:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.pnas.org...
www.nature.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...

In video format: www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com...

Finally, the technique only takes 10 minutes a day to practise, and Wim shares the technique with the whole world FOR FREE:
www.youtube.com...

Also he has the free app available for download on his official website:
www.wimhofmethod.com...
He travels the world teaching people how to never be sick, at no charge. Please consider supporting him.

Interviews:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The man is a beast .

And he stated in a TED talk how disappointed he was that a lot people will not even consider doing his method but instead look to drugs that have horrible side effects
edit on 27-3-2020 by oldschoolwarhawk because: needed to add data

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join