It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomb Raider free on Steam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
2013's Tomb Raider is currently free to play and keep forever on Steam. Not sure how long it'll last but my copy is almost completely downloaded now and I figured I would share with everybody here.

Steam Store

Looks like it has overwhelmingly positive reviews so hopefully it's good, I'll find out later tonight. Enjoy!

ETA: Looks like it's free until March 24th @ 2 AM.
edit on 3/20/20 by thov420 because: update

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Snatched it up!

Playing POE now but will check it out later.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There is not only Tomb Raider(and yes, it is good), i put what, 7 or eight games to my library today. But the other games aren´t nearly as good as Tomb Raider. Bought Tomb Raider and the second part in a sale for together 8 euros with all dlcs and played them a lot and still play part two from time to time. Trying to do 100%, everything that has to be done and can be done.

And other platforms like everybody`s darling Epic, GOG etc are giving away games now too.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Good one.
Heads up , Watch Dogs is one of the Free Games week this week on Epic Games. If you like that sort of game...

edit on 3/20/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

POE?

Glad I could help.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Don't remember seeing any other free games but I wouldn't doubt it. I also snagged Just Cause 3 for 2.99 today as well!

I will have to check UPlay and Origin now that you mention it, but I will not install Epic.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Watch Dogs is actually the only game I've ever pre-ordered in my life and I loved it, even though it didn't quite live up to the hype.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
On Epic Watch Dogs and The Stanley Parable are both currently free.

I know a lot of people don't want to use the Epic launcher for a few very valid reasons, but I decided to use it solely for the free games and my library on Epic currently has 86 games in it, many AAA titles and I only paid for one of them - Assassins Creed Odyssey - and I only bought it because it was at a ridiculously low sale price, around $10 I think.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Wow, that's quite a collection, all for $10!

I've watched lets plays on the Stanley parable, looks like a cool game.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
By the by, my preferred method of keeping track of free games and sales is a YouTube channel called CultofMush.

He's pretty good about keeping abreast of such things and though he's sponsored by Humble Bundle he always directly discloses it and, from what I've seen, it doesn't influence his work.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420

POE?

Glad I could help.

Path of Exile. lol sorry

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I assume Path of Exile, but I would think that since Ive been playing it recently..

Thanks Heff for that CultofMush rec, didnt know about it!

The 2013 Tomb Raider was a fun one, imo. Well worth the download.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to subscribe!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Never heard of it but I do like a good RPG.

Only logged on to Steam because I got a notification about the sale on Just Cause, got 2 good games for cheap!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Oh, Path of Exile is definitely good. But.. Its not one to just jump into.

I mean, you could, but its one of those where it is very possible to screw up a build. Its also tricky to make a build without being pretty familiar with the game.

There are extensive build guides though, the community is impressive.

Naturally, Im doing it all completely blind and ignorant myself

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
a reply to: Gothmog

Watch Dogs is actually the only game I've ever pre-ordered in my life and I loved it, even though it didn't quite live up to the hype.

I did not think I would like it.
Not my "kind of game" .
I held off for a day.
Now , I am glad I got it.
A refreshing break from "my kind of games"

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
A refreshing break from "my kind of games"

What would those be? Any recs?

Always on the lookout..

I was really enjoying Destiny 2 for quite a while, pretty impressive amount of content for free. Its got Problems though, imo, more than most..

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Oh, Path of Exile is definitely good. But.. Its not one to just jump into.

I mean, you could, but its one of those where it is very possible to screw up a build. Its also tricky to make a build without being pretty familiar with the game.

There are extensive build guides though, the community is impressive.

Naturally, Im doing it all completely blind and ignorant myself

Yea, the challenge is learning that damn crafting system then farming the stuff you need. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Its a massive game..

Im only level.. 40s (lol), so still pretty new. Ive been focusing on minions though, and that has worked out for me lol

I dont mind grinding, though it irks me when a game seems to have systems in place to restrict the players options while also keeping them playing.

PoE is quite the opposite of "restrictive," which means Im more than happy to make the decision to keep playing all on my own. We will see how it goes long term for me, I havent checked out the PvP yet.

Been thinking about trying ESO for that large scale PvP. I loved Guild Wars 2 WvW, but I have very much "been there, done that."

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You are farther along than I am. I am working 2 different toons at the same time and they are only around level 20. lol Noob as well. I am working off of 2 build guides. One is a Summoner and the other is Ice Shot Archer. The summoner is more relaxing though, raise some zombies, raise some skeletons send out some flame skulls and just run around and try to stay alive.

ESO is fun, never did the pvp, not so good at that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join