It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Community Support and Mental Wellness Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I've got on a tee and sweats that are both about 2 sizes too large for me. I don't think I've done much more than pass a brush through my hair in a couple days.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Mornin'....or is it afternoon? I'm still wiping the sleep out of my eyes and Gov. Cuomo is putting me into a coma....

The man likes to talk.

Wake me up when it's all over!!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I've got on a tee and sweats that are both about 2 sizes too large for me. I don't think I've done much more than pass a brush through my hair in a couple days.

What used to be 2 sizes too big is quickly becoming my current size with the way I've been eating. I purchased 2 weeks of food and ate it in 2 days instead.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Another from the Week in PIctures. There were several on that theme too.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yup caught myself boredom eating more than once after the first 7 days, I hope my return to work on March 30th stays true cause I cant handle much more, I am bored and my kid is driving me nuts.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I spent about two years reteaching myself eating habits in order to shed about 50 lbs. I work part-time so I spend a lot of time at home as it is, then I underwent shoulder surgery earlier this year and got even more time at home ...

So far, the habits have been holding and I'm good and still in my weight range.

But it takes some work to stick to your habits.

**EDIT**

Some things I did and do:

1. Find habits/hobbies that keep your hands busy - both hands so you can't use them to eat.

2. Portion out your food for the day with calorie counting. Portion in snacks. You can eat them whenever, but when you're done, you're done. No more. Make sure you're eating foods that will satisfy or else you'll be hella hungry.

3. Set times on the clock and make yourself wait to eat until the clock reaches those times, and then only eat so much. I do this one at work. I take 4 pieces of candy and can only have 1 every hour at any point during the hour. Works the same at home.

edit on 21-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I spent about two years reteaching myself eating habits in order to shed about 50 lbs. I work part-time so I spend a lot of time at home as it is, then I underwent shoulder surgery earlier this year and got even more time at home ...

**EDIT**

1. Find habits/hobbies that keep your hands busy - both hands so you can't use them to eat.

2. Portion out your food for the day with calorie counting. Portion in snacks. You can eat them whenever, but when you're done, you're done. No more. Make sure you're eating foods that will satisfy or else you'll be hella hungry.

3. Set times on the clock and make yourself wait to eat until the clock reaches those times, and then only eat so much. I do this one at work. I take 4 pieces of candy and can only have 1 every hour at any point during the hour. Works the same at home.

Congratulations, I wish I could funnel my frustration into something more productive. I'm just so paralyzed with fear, which makes me watch the news nonstop, making me feel worse....Then I either eat or go back to sleep.

I am hoping the warmer weather gets here soon so I can be outdoors, I do like gardening and yard work.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
The purpose of my post was not to downplay the risks we all face, but to remind people if you’re taking sensible precautions, you’re doing your part. Taking precautionary measures to the extreme and beyond is unlikely to have any additional effect beyond contributing to the mental stress and fear we are all experiencing to some degree as this outbreak progresses.

I don't know, ComeBack. Every precautionary measure I take reassures me that much more. To each their own.

I hope the thyroid thing doesn't become an issue. May I ask if it's hyper- or hypo-? I have the latter, so I'm curious. If that's TMI, that's okay.

No but at all, I’m hyper - Graves’ disease. Luckily they’d pretty much got me balanced and down to a therapeutic dose of carbimazole to maintain that balance as of late January, I’ve voluntarily stopped the meds and have avoided the hospital for my bloods in light of the current crisis, so the state of my thyroid is unknown for now, ultimately I’m hoping I can get it resolved in a few months once this has passed, or at least the worst of it. As for precautions, who ever said hey, you’re being too safe! Take more risks!! 🤣

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

What I hear from you is so wonderous! You are saying, "take this time to make a positive change, learn something new, embrace your collective creativity, expand and grow and be". Much appreciated. Your words resonate strongly and inspire me to just maybe finish one or two of the dozen projects I have half-finished.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Hunting Tartan?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It just got real ...

They put the KC area on lockdown until April 24. This doesn't bother me so much. I'm a veteran hardcore introvert. I like not seeing people or going anywhere.

But this will be very, very hard on kiddo. He's going to go so stir crazy it won't even be funny.

Sure ... he's doing video training by conference, and I'll work out with him in the mornings like normal. But he plays outside a lot and this is the time of year that really takes off. I'm here trying to help his mental health because this is going to be so hard on him.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic

No but at all, I’m hyper - Graves’ disease. Luckily they’d pretty much got me balanced and down to a therapeutic dose of carbimazole to maintain that balance as of late January, I’ve voluntarily stopped the meds and have avoided the hospital for my bloods in light of the current crisis, so the state of my thyroid is unknown for now, ultimately I’m hoping I can get it resolved in a few months once this has passed, or at least the worst of it. As for precautions, who ever said hey, you’re being too safe! Take more risks!! 🤣

LOL! True.

I think we'll be okay waiting on the labs. If you're like me, you know when things are off. I've lived with these issues a long time now.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

It just got real ...

They put the KC area on lockdown until April 24. This doesn't bother me so much. I'm a veteran hardcore introvert. I like not seeing people or going anywhere.

But this will be very, very hard on kiddo. He's going to go so stir crazy it won't even be funny.

Sure ... he's doing video training by conference, and I'll work out with him in the mornings like normal. But he plays outside a lot and this is the time of year that really takes off. I'm here trying to help his mental health because this is going to be so hard on him.

Woah, a month?

I know what you mean about introversion and this crisis. It's like, "this isn't that different for me than how I normally live." Between introversion and pain issues, I haven't been going out much anyway. My extrovert husband, however? Different story.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

**EDIT**

Great advice.

I'm losing weight (slowly). There was some stress eating at the beginning, but as I look at our provisions and wonder what's in store, I eat less. I guess it's like Rationing Light.

Not running out to get that frozen iced capp or food from a restaurant helps with weight loss.
edit on 22-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Deleted negative post

edit on 22-3-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Anybody have any idea how to help me get over this onset of paranoia I'm going to be responsible for people's deaths because of my job and the long period before the virus even shows signs?

I'm a home health aide and all my clients are high risk, some critically so.
edit on 3/22/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Oh good lord I wish I had a fix for you, bout the only advice I can give would be to tread towards OCD levels of cleaning so you know you did everything possible to protect them.

I wish you the best of luck, and you have my respect and admiration for doing a hard job.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ok, we were running a bit low on TP. We had a lot of napkins so that was the back up plan. I decided to head out and go to a few stores to see what was available. I found nothing but paper towel at 5 different stores.

I then saw a store called the Restaurant Depot. You need to own a restaurant and have a membership to actually check out / purchase things. I decided to go in just to check it out.

I was dumbfounded to find they had two pallets of toilet paper. Each box had 96 rolls. I would say there were a total of 40 boxes.

I asked the first person I saw if they would purchase a box for me and I would pay them twice what they paid. One box was $21.95 for 96 rolls. Totally worth $45.00 to my family. They said sure, no problem. Once they checked out I paid them but they would only take $20.00 and that was $1.95 less than what they paid. Very nice folks indeed.

Now, I dont want to draw any conclusions here but there was no run on TP with restaurant owners. Someone could just as easily have bought both pallets and sold each roll for $1.00 each in some parking lot or wherever. I guess my questions are, why no run on TP there and how can they just have 4000 rolls of TP just sitting there. Is the consumer shortage manufactured?

I am sharing my good fortune with family, extended family and friends. Its also worth mentioning that equating good fortune with TP is another new one for me..

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Eh, you can still get the takeout ... actually, I sort of encourage it right now just for the sake of the small business owners.

But make smart choices in what you get and portion it out. For me, the average restaurant portion is about two to two and half or even three meals depending on what it is. Spreading it out like that also helps justify the cost too.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Hi Hefficide,

I am really happy to see you posted this thread, I feel the burden around me. It is not pleasant.

I'm diagnosed with:
PTSD
ADD
Borderline
Avoidant personality disorder
Highly sensitive

Thanks to my parents, nice youth gift they gave me, needless to say I now have no family and I'm travelling this world alone. I had 3 great friends, 2 of them past away last year. Yes I can honestly say I am lonely, I had a girlfriend but she couldn't bare with me due to all my problems. Which I can understand, I can't live with myself every now and then. Expecting that from another person is useless.

Now I'm at home for one week, and already losing it a little. I do the things I have to do, keep my spiders and scorpions alive. Shower, clean, eat and go to bed. No phone calls, no face time, no nothing. ATS keeps me sort of going.

Thanks for your thread, it gives me hope and realize that I'm not the only one struggling living with mental health issues.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join