It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six San Francisco Counties will be ordered to Shelter In Place

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Having to stay home doesn't bother me. I'll do that for a month or so, but the sooner we get to it, the sooner it can be done IMO. I understand why it's happening and agree with the strategy.

Why ?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: generik
Camps maybe, wonder what kind of camp they would use for this situation? 🤔🤭😷🤒😵

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
We don't allow homeless in my city. Either go to a shelter or go to jail. Pandering will also get you in jail. Sleep on a sidewalk you are going directly to jail. # in the street and you are absolutely going to jail.

We don't put up with it.

What a horrible way to be. It ain’t exactly the land of the free when you can’t walk up in the woods and sleep under a tree when you want to.

It’s bad when a person that moves independently of something that you have to buy is criminalized.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What do you mean?
Moving independently?
Can you explain this?

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
We don't allow homeless in my city. Either go to a shelter or go to jail. Pandering will also get you in jail. Sleep on a sidewalk you are going directly to jail. # in the street and you are absolutely going to jail.

We don't put up with it.

It’s bad when a person that moves independently of something that you have to buy is criminalized.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Having to stay home doesn't bother me. I'll do that for a month or so, but the sooner we get to it, the sooner it can be done IMO. I understand why it's happening and agree with the strategy.

Why ?

OK. I've only types it out several different times. I'll let Kyle Hill, formerly of Because Science, explain it this time. He's more eloquent than I am anyhow.

As I said, I understand why we're being asked to do it. It makes sense, and as someone who has a 70-something father with congestive heart failure, I am in complete agreement with the need to try to do it. I have a lot to lose should we get into a situation where this thing explodes and our health care facilities get overrun. My dad could be one of those cases triaged out of resources that under a better time might have been expended to save him.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I know PT is best when done with a therapist, but can you have or will you get the home exercises? Maybe get those sheets sooner rather than later?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

originally posted by: generik
so what about all the homeless? how can they "stay indoors" and not go outside, when many of them live in tents, if that? and those are the people most at risk of getting and spreading the virus around. heck they are examples of everything people shouldn't do in this situation.

They will be opening hotels for the homeless.

Will room service be delivering their needles? I'm totally serious about this, drug addicts don't care about viruses when they need a fix.

Yes, there are plenty of homeless families which take up a majority of homeless but most of those people leave places like SF. The city of SF has many, many drug addicts.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Houston/Harris County has closed all bars/clubs and restaurants are delivery, pick up or drive through only. Some of our grocery stores are now having special hours for seniors to be able to shop on their own with no crowds.

I'm in a smaller more rural county. No restrictions yet and no cases yet. Working from home now. Our school district is closed for a couple weeks.

Fully expect it to get here as most commute to work in Houston.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
I know PT is best when done with a therapist, but can you have or will you get the home exercises? Maybe get those sheets sooner rather than later?

So far, my appointments are holding. I'll ask them what exercises I can be doing at home beyond the basics I was doing today.

So far as we all know, this is a two week situation, and I'm far enough out that I was into working my range of motion beyond what normal day to day tests it. That's what the aerobics were for ... and now they're cancelled.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I'm hoping that things will go as well for you by doing the at-home stuff as being in their office. It did with me. The pool was so far away and the neuroclaudication bad enough that I nearly fell....by the pool. Not wanting to inhale water, I stopped since they couldn't help me get to the pool. I had very good experience with the home back exercises.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

California wouldn't have anywhere near this kind of homeless problem if they didn't actively court Chinese nationals to buy up so much of the retail real estate market.

Going forward we need strict reciprocity in this country. If our people don't get the treatment you desire from our country in yours, GFY.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My mom called me not 30 minutes ago. My cousin's husband works at one of the larger hospitals in the area, and he had just called around to let everyone know that they had received warning that this are is supposed to go on some kind of 3-week lockdown starting today or tomorrow.

We mostly have things we should need to survive if that happens ... but, it looks like the government is flexing its power for sure.

Scary stuff, in SF you are still allowed to venture out for supplies during the lockdown, supposedly allowed to go walk your dog as long as you keep 6' distance from anyone else out.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

My mom called me not 30 minutes ago. My cousin's husband works at one of the larger hospitals in the area, and he had just called around to let everyone know that they had received warning that this are is supposed to go on some kind of 3-week lockdown starting today or tomorrow.

We mostly have things we should need to survive if that happens ... but, it looks like the government is flexing its power for sure.

Scary stuff, in SF you are still allowed to venture out for supplies during the lockdown, supposedly allowed to go walk your dog as long as you keep 6' distance from anyone else out.

I am thinking the game of telephone occurred.

This area is sort of doing the 15-day thing. That means most everything is shuttered for about 2-weeks. If it's stretched beyond that, it's going to kill a lot of the restaurants if they can't deliver or carry-out.

And I know a lot of people are very nervous at home because they don't know their work status. We're fortunate in our house, but I know a lot of others aren't nearly as lucky.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I am thinking the game of telephone occurred.

This area is sort of doing the 15-day thing. That means most everything is shuttered for about 2-weeks. If it's stretched beyond that, it's going to kill a lot of the restaurants if they can't deliver or carry-out.

And I know a lot of people are very nervous at home because they don't know their work status. We're fortunate in our house, but I know a lot of others aren't nearly as lucky.

We are heading that way, I have heard maybe in a few days. Lots of places shuttered already, the restaurant industry pretty much decimated, I feel bad for them..tough gig to begin with.

Will have to see how this plays out for people out of work, I think our gov will be making benefits available.

One thing I wonder about are the binners/dumpster divers/bottle collectors, many of the homeless survive on this, now all return depots are closed.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Several counties are doing the same, so far Galveston County has not; details here, from my post last night after work.

I too am concerned with the homeless population of SF (and other major metropolitan areas) as they would be hard hit by this as many of them likely have other medical conditions which would add complications if they were to contract Covid-19; I know it's something ketsuko mentioned early on in the update threads.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Areas in Cali were taking over hotels to use as temporary housing for homeless I thought, and I'm not sure how well that will work.

1. Are they forcing it?

2. Who is going to pay to refurbish those hotels after all is said and done?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

2. Who is going to pay to refurbish those hotels after all is said and done?

Considering what they might look like after weeks (months?) of residential use by people with, let's be kind and say, poor hygiene and personal cleanliness habits, it might be more efficient to bulldoze them and build anew.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I am aware of a possibly similar situation that played out in my area. An older, unprofitable motel was purchased by the State as a shelter during an uncommonly long cold snap.

Once the weather cleared the property was taken over by a private charity that then began using it as rent controlled efficiency apartments for the elderly and disabled. Essentially cleaned up a bit, tossed a cube fridge, hot plate, microwave and coffee maker into each room - and then charged a flat rate to people living on SSI or SSDI.

I didn't pay attention to the financials and don't know who profited or how much. Only that in the long run it seems to have turned out fine.
edit on 3/17/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Difference in this case being that the residents you're talking about were offered the choice, and in this instance, I'm not sure they're offering these people the choice. They may be more or less forced to shelter in these rooms.

That may or may not change their attitudes toward how they treat the places they are kept. Not to mention we may be talking about longer times inside.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join