It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six San Francisco Counties will be ordered to Shelter In Place

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

originally posted by: Observationalist

originally posted by: generik
so what about all the homeless? how can they "stay indoors" and not go outside, when many of them live in tents, if that? and those are the people most at risk of getting and spreading the virus around. heck they are examples of everything people shouldn't do in this situation.

They will be opening hotels for the homeless.

Will room service be delivering their needles? I'm totally serious about this, drug addicts don't care about viruses when they need a fix.

Yes, there are plenty of homeless families which take up a majority of homeless but most of those people leave places like SF. The city of SF has many, many drug addicts.

Here is a link to an article in the Sacramento Bee about it.
California plans to use private hotels, motels to shelter homeless people as coronavirus spreads

It won’t let me paste anything from the article. So you’ll have to read for your self.
But they plan on using trailers too.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: TXTriker

Several counties are doing the same, so far Galveston County has not; details here, from my post last night after work.

Did you see the Galveston County news conference today? I almost cheered out loud for the county judge saying they didn't feel they had the authority to make the restaurants close because of . . . . . the constitution!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sorry for the reply to self - looks like the city of Galveston is going to close restaurants and bars. Just hitting on the news now.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So far, they're closing the dining areas and leaving the drive-thrus and carry outs and delivery services available. That means I can still have my morning coffee for the time being.

It's something at least for the owners.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So far, they're closing the dining areas and leaving the drive-thrus and carry outs and delivery services available. That means I can still have my morning coffee for the time being.

So far my county has not taken this step. Where I live not a lot of dine in options anyway unless you want to drive 10 miles. Lots of drive thru though. However, since I'm working from home and don't have an hour drive I can actually cook this week.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker

So far my county has not taken this step. Where I live not a lot of dine in options anyway unless you want to drive 10 miles. Lots of drive thru though. However, since I'm working from home and don't have an hour drive I can actually cook this week.

We cook most weeknights too, but we do have chicken wings on Fridays and we do tend to eat out on Saturday.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
The six main counties in the SF Bay will be placed under a shelter in place order for 2 weeks or more under a soon to be issued directive. Essential services will remain open but everything else will be shut down. This order will effect almost 8 million people.

its unclear how they will enforce it however and to do so they will most likely have to call out the national guard to do so. More to follow no doubt

www.latimes.com...

They shot people who didn't wear face masks back in the Spanish flu days in San Fran. They will go full Nazi out there..

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker

Depending on the week we tend to eat out more during the week and cook on the weekends. All depends on time.

We cook most weeknights too, but we do have chicken wings on Fridays and we do tend to eat out on Saturday.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

My mom called me not 30 minutes ago. My cousin's husband works at one of the larger hospitals in the area, and he had just called around to let everyone know that they had received warning that this are is supposed to go on some kind of 3-week lockdown starting today or tomorrow.

We mostly have things we should need to survive if that happens ... but, it looks like the government is flexing its power for sure.

Scary stuff, in SF you are still allowed to venture out for supplies during the lockdown, supposedly allowed to go walk your dog as long as you keep 6' distance from anyone else out.

Hey gang! Long time lurker from the Midwest originally. Been coming here for over a decade and happy to see people like ketsuko, dccowboy, phage, and several others checking in.

I live right in downtown SF. We can still move freely, but it certainly feels different now. About to head to sleep, but wanted to answer any questions people may have.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Democrats are a real special bunch allowing people poop in the streets.

In the 80 and some of the 90s entire city blocks.on NYC smelled like urine...animals/humans pissing in alleys, in elevators, on trains , in stairwells.

Giuliani brought and end to that and said pissing in public is illegal.

And miraculously the smell went away.

And since Giuliani left. the Democrats have been working tirelessly to not make it a crime to piss in public.

Its super weird they actually fight for this right...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Radio just reported this morning that despite being told to shelter in place, thousands of people have taken to parks in San Fran and have been photographed circulating there.

Maybe the lesson is the tighter you crack down, the worse your rules will be obeyed? So perhaps the best way to handle things might be to ask and grit your teeth when people choose to follow things in ways you may not like but at least do their best rather than try to force them. I don't know. Maybe people in San Fran are a bunch of doofuses who would do this anyhow.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I never followed the rules growing up, only when I had something to lose did I understand the importance of them.

I doubt I'm alone in that journey...
edit on 18-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

When someone else loses a mother, father, grandparent, etc. to this illness, because you've decided that you, personally, have nothing to lose, when someone else loses a job and livelihood because the authorities decide people aren't following the rules so they impose more restrictions and more shutdowns, because you've decided that you, personally, have nothing to lose, it's all good then?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

That's not my point at all, I'm simply stating there's a stage through adolescence into adulthood that the consequences part of the brain hasn't developed...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's not my point at all, I'm simply stating there's a stage through adolescence into adulthood that the consequences part of the brain hasn't developed...

The gal they interviewed didn't seem to be younger. I think she was more the aging hippie, flip off authority type.

It's one thing to go places and do things so long as you are taking lower risks with it, but to just go to random places and get in crowds to purposefully flip the bird at authority, just cause, isn't exactly smart at the moment.

Normally, I'd applaud them, and at a point in this process, I may applaud them again, but at the moment, I'm thinking they are being sort of dumb.
edit on 18-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Well perhaps some people just never develop common sense...

None of us like rules and we all flaunt them to a point, but most of us know where the line is and don't step over it...like I said most of us know there's a time and place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join