It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus and social distancing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
We're at the point of no return.

Things will never go back to "normal" and that's how the powers that be want it. Governments are now in a position to gain massive control over it's citizens One of the ways you see it happening is with social distancing. Governments are pushing this as well as the media.

Social distancing just sounds Orwellian. It's something that could really take hold in a negative way. I understand the need for it but in the hands of corrupt Politicians and the media, it will be used to divide us.

The words "Boomer Remover" were trending on Twitter yesterday. A bunch of young people were saying coronavirus was good thing because it kills older people who use too much healthcare. The fact is the older generation paid for these benefits through taxes and hard work. The problem stems from Government borrowing against S.S. and Medicare. Also, many of these young people want to tweet all day and play video games yet they want everything "free." If they don't work and pay taxes, whose going to pay for it.

This also shows how devastating biological warfare will be.

Whether this is man made or something from nature, the truth is certain and scary. Virus will be made that target a specific genetic marker. You can see the days of smart viruses made of 10 different strains and it switches to a new more deadly strain when you try to stop it.

You can easily start a pandemic by putting the virus in drinks or on hot dog stands downtown.

This is why we needed a global Space Force that wasn't about defense but space exploration years ago. We're primitive when it comes to exploring space and we're a lifetime away from being able to colonize a planet or send people to live on a space station.

If humans don't leave the planet, which we won't any time in the near future, genetically enhanced or technologically enhanced post humans is closer than people think.

At the end of the day, Governments will use this to pit people against each other and gain more control while promising to make things normal again.
edit on 15-3-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
We're at the point of no return.

Things will never go back to "normal" and that's how the powers that be want it. Governments are now in a position to gain massive control over it's citizens One of the ways you see it happening is with social distancing. Governments are pushing this as well as the media.

Social distancing just sounds Orwellian. It's something that could really take hold in a negative way. I understand the need for it but in the hands of corrupt Politicians and the media, it will be used to divide us.

The words "Boomer Remover" were trending on Twitter yesterday. A bunch of young people were saying coronavirus was good thing because it kills older people who use too much healthcare. The fact is the older generation paid for these benefits through taxes and hard work. The problem stems from Government borrowing against S.S. and Medicare. Also, many of these young people want to tweet all day and play video games yet they want everything "free." If they don't work and pay taxes, whose going to pay for it.

This also shows how devastating biological warfare will be.

Whether this is man made or something from nature, the truth is certain and scary. Virus will be made that target a specific genetic marker. You can see the days of smart viruses made of 10 different strains and it switches to a new more deadly strain when you try to stop it.

You can easily start a pandemic by putting the virus in drinks or on hot dog stands downtown.

This is why we needed a global Space Force that wasn't about defense but space exploration years ago. We're primitive when it comes to exploring space and we're a lifetime away from being able to colonize a planet or send people to live on a space station.

If humans don't leave the planet, which we won't any time in the near future, genetically enhanced or technologically enhanced post humans is closer than people think.

At the end of the day, Governments will use this to pit people against each other and gain more control while promising to make things normal again.

Sorry, but in the end most people will get the virus and many will not make it and that includes top govt. officials and if in fact they survive while letting people die , then they must have the antidope and that will be given to the population that would abide by the rules. But even that won't happen because if we don't shut down the nuclear power plants around the world, we don't have nothing to worry about other then "is there really a Heaven to go to".

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You are correct concerning the nuke plants and I would throw in all the underground transport piping of oil and gas.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
a reply to: musicismagic

You are correct concerning the nuke plants and I would throw in all the underground transport piping of oil and gas.

Never thought of that one. The pollution itself will linger on also for a long time. Thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I never was a fan of handshakes and hugs, my comfortable distance to others is easy more than two arm lengths.
Are people really saying that? With the old people? I mean I could see that as possible, without tptb simply nature giving us a "helping hand" once it gets too crowded all sorts of dynamics start to develop, psychological, social and on the micro level.
The only question we can ask in this case is if it's more or less just than always just killing the poor? At least the old had a life. And it's approximately natural. Would free many resources. Make cultural change easier.
Would include many of the "tptb" too. It's not all bad - as thought experiment.
Hypothetically you'd have to agree that it's only logical to kill the old if you want to reduce the population, right?
And social distancing is just good because I don't like getting touched. Now there are far fewer awkward situations where I got to explain why I won't touch their dirty pawns. And coming from a "bussy bussy" (kiss on the cheek-- left right) society it's just freaking fantastic that's over!

If the price is that a few people who are already on the to do list of the Reaper get a visit a few years earlier... fine.
Death is not that bad. It's a part of life.

Maybe this virus is a gift from God?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ah yes, who can forget the chilling prophetic nature of Orwell's government in the seminal 1984?
what was the quote again? ah yes

"you should wash your hands more and also maybe don't go to crowded bars for a couple of weeks"
horrific stuff.
and what about
"you might feel healthy but you could still be a carrier, please think about the elderly and infirm that you could harm with your actions"
Truly a nightmarish scenario! Who would have believed it would ever come true!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

It's funny, eating breakfast yesterday I was listening to the radio with various presenters spouting points around herd immunity , hand hygiene , locking down the elderly , social distancing etc. Whilst eating, I had a kind of epiphany in which I took a huge step back from my ego to see the situation from the outside, and it reminded me of 1984 pumping out propaganda through the radio , or the television and us 'sheep' just swallowing everything that we're being fed.

There have been clearly defined agendas in the past around various political viewpoints, or the financial climate, or celebrity non story 'news'. However, I realised in listening yesterday that it has never been SO OBVIOUS. This is a reality guys, the writing is on the wall, and clearly we are too late to change the direction or movement of this world.

I think in quarantine and lockdown, it's an important time that everyone really asks questions in their heart about the government and the powers that be, how we have been lied to from the start with this (and many times previously!!) and what their true intentions and motives are. A 2000 year old prophesy is being fulfilled currently... think about that!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy right here..... And I'm on the side of My kind. Were this the Mud Pit a level discourse could be made, but instead it will remain a cacophony of disorganized chatter limited by T&C PC rules. Not a very good platform for said discourse.

edit on 15-3-2020 by Plotus because: just a curiosity

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

We have no right to leave this planet.

We have chosen to be ruled by evil people.

We deserve everything that is coming our way.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
And there are Nihilists
ie.
the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.

negativity · cynicism · pessimism · rejection · repudiation · renunciation · denial · abnegation · disbelief · nonbelief · unbelief · scepticism · lack of conviction · absence of moral values · agnosticism · atheism · nontheism

However, they bring a certain balance to the table.
Devil in the details as it were.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We went shopping again today, we needed special liquid cat treets for our older cat, I give it it's supplements to keep it from seizures every day, she hasn't had a seizure in two years now. She used to have them at least twice a month or more.

Meanwhile, there were not that many people in the store, maybe seventy to eighty or so in Meijers. They were out of most of their chicken thighs and breasts, and of course no toilet paper at all. I guess that some things were getting sold out, like rice and soy sauce and stuff, but it was sociable there. People were not crowding, and even I made sure to give all people a wide berth because everyone was doing that. No panic, no people overbuying when we were there. But the carts were pretty full of things people usually use in daily life, just not piles of a certain thing. We bought some pork chops for .98 a pound and sine asparagus at .99 a pound. we bought a head of lettuce because it was only 1.29, we didn't really need to, but that was a decent price and it was nice lettuce. A normal shopping trip, mostly fruits. The two packages of cats delicables and a cat litter were almost as much as all the food we bought for us.

Sucks when you cannot buy those packets here in our town, only in Marquette in a few stores.

We weren't planning on going out, but the sun was shining over the six foot high snowbanks.

top topics

join