It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK lockdown when will it be

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I believe Boris isn't sharing his informed information with the scientists and blundering on with his plan, which is fine with me. If he genuinely thinks it is for the best..

.....but should he change his mind, this is really going to wind me up and give me less faith in the UK government than I already have.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I wonder what the hell people are going to eat while they're confined to their homes?

Eat your veggies, it’ll help the immune systems

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

It should be now imho. I firmly believe the number of cases is well below the reported amount. As of Thursday I've had to self isolate as I've effectively got flu. Don't think it's covid but it seems a bit of a coincidence. Fever, headache, and the runny nose from hell (which makes me think it's not covid).

So if it is covid, I'm buggered if I can work out where/who I got it from. Which makes me think it's longevity in the air or surfaces is also inaccurate, because I wash my hands a stupid amount during the day.

So yeah, needs doing now. Luckily I'm early 40s so I'm struggling through, God knows what it'll feel like for a 70+ year old ☹️

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

1 when is the lockdown going to start

Not sure we'll have a lock down as such , they'll move to protect the vulnerable but the rest of the herd will be left to gain Herd immunity , 60% of us need to catch the virus to protect us in the future.

I have two coworkers who have likely had the virus , they weren't tested but going by the reported symptoms it's highly likely that is what they had ... just waiting for my turn now.

Gortex what were their symptoms and duration of them?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

Gortex what were their symptoms and duration of them?

Started with a fever followed by shortness of breath and fatigue with a lingering cough , duration of symptoms about a week but one still had the dry cough on Friday.
One in his 30s the other in his 50s , the one in his 50s had returned from holiday in a place popular with Italians , he called the 111 number to report it but they weren't interested as he hadn't been to certain effected areas , neither were tested.

As of this time I remain unaffected.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No lock down here.

Keep Calm

Drink Tea

and bury the dead with stiff upper lip.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Well I've been quite impressed with pm Boris Johnson and both his medical advisers .
Despite the criticism by some of the public , they seem to have an informed plan centred on timing against c19 , which makes sense : it's fast therefore we LL be faster .

I live in the UK, the UK you speak of must be in another country, it doesn't sound like anything that's going on where I live. Boris Johnston is more worried about the economy than the people, he's scared the cost of this will eat into the money he has earmarked to see us through the transition period of Brexit. The disease moved fast, BawJaws moved at snails pace...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Several thoughts.

When will YOUR lock down be?

Everyone has been told the requirements to self isolate.
Declare them and self isolate on your own. Don't want to send the kids to school -uncle Johnny returned from "X" and is now ill and you are feeling ill.
Do you really think they have time to come round on check on every kid?

Everyone is worrying about food shopping short term, anyone planning on digging in for a crop of veggies in 75 to 90 days?

Long term if it all goes tits up the starting now would be good you'll eat what you grow.
if it doesn't go tits-up, you have free Veg to spread the cost of living charges on all the new high prices.

Yes , I am planning the veg patch, have seeds sprouting and getting the first batch of garden turn over from flower beds.

Good luck everyone don't wait for the government to tell you what to do.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Disaster/crisis centres are meeting this morning around the UK to see if/when they'll be converted into field hospitals or safe quarantine zones so I'd imagine some kind of announcement this week - they've already stopped performing their day-to-day duties but staff have no idea what the outcome will be and were given equipment to work from home on Friday.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople

It should be now imho. I firmly believe the number of cases is well below the reported amount. As of Thursday I've had to self isolate as I've effectively got flu. Don't think it's covid but it seems a bit of a coincidence. Fever, headache, and the runny nose from hell (which makes me think it's not covid).

So if it is covid, I'm buggered if I can work out where/who I got it from. Which makes me think it's longevity in the air or surfaces is also inaccurate, because I wash my hands a stupid amount during the day.

So yeah, needs doing now. Luckily I'm early 40s so I'm struggling through, God knows what it'll feel like for a 70+ year old ☹️

The problem is that there is a flu going round anyway, as well as heavy head colds (blocked noses, headaches, etc) and it has been doing the rounds for the last couple of months. I've had it for a month already but can't shake it as i don't take medication unless absolutely necessary - and this hasn't been as it is only a cold. I could go to bed earlier but that isn't happening!

So i think a lot of people are getting normal colds and then panicking like mad (many symptons very similar). The flip side is that others have the virus but think it is only the cold, so are carrying on with their daily lives (and infecting more people!).

The only ones we really know that definitely have it are those that have been hospitalised.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

To be fair nobody truly knows how to react and deal with this outbreak and no-one had a pre-prepared plan.
There's an awful lot of so called 'experts' and they all have their own ideas and suggestions.

I don't know if Boris Johnson has chosen the right course of action, time will be the judge of that.
But I think its a bit unfair to imply that he's putting financial and economic priorities before the health and well being of the general population.....there's no evidence of that....yet.
I agree that the public's health and well being has to be by far the primary concern but as Prime Minister he'd be incredibly negligent if he was to simply ignore economic and financial concerns and not to try to protect markets etc.

There's plenty left to be played out before this over and done with.

As an aside; could post-coronavirus be an opportunity for us all to work together for the common good and put this country back on the right track?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join