It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We are now facing a problem with getting third party testing data into a centralized database and made available to the public. The confirmed cases reported in the U.S. only include the cases confirmed from the piddly amount of tests done by the CDC.

We also need someone (a task force?) to coordinate communication between the states about the cases being confirmed by the various testing. For example, in Indiana, one patient was refused a test twice because they didn't fit the criteria. He had been to a BioGen conference in Boston. I looked it up in Massachusetts' news...they had 15 other cases related to that BioGen conference. Was that communicated to other states? Who knows?

The third party testing data is critical and that must be organized ASAP so that people aren't given a false sense of security.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout
Local elections are very, very important. We have been at the center of some serious local issues and by voting that will be the only way we can influence what direction our community is taking.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: tanstaafl
Which lead credit to the fact that this seems to be fatal for much older people with pre existing conditions.

However, there have been some old folks who recovered, I'll look for the source, it was heard on a morning radio show.

Correct, and some younger who had underlying health problems that died (in their 40's I think).

Which says to me (I said it once before), I think the underlying health problems play a much bigger role in who lives and who dies than just age. It is a simple fact that most people over 70 have underlying health conditions, many of which are serious.

(post by Arnie123 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
www.wfaa.com...

Texas declares state wide emergency

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: Arnie123

Who said they were scared? I missed that because I didn't.

Isn't that how it typically starts??? oneies twosie etc etc?
Sure and thus, we have the FLU and other illnesses.

Guess what? People are still GETTING SICK, but not from Coronovirus, the world has stopped for Coronovirus, yet it doesn't stop for illnesses with larger death tolls.

If this does not give one a moment of pause, what would?

CNN (of course unnamed sources) as well as media outlets known for the same got this all wrong....and fear mongers ate this as breakfast...

Brazil's Bolsonaro, who met with Trump last week, tests negative for coronavirus

link

mg
edit on 03364848America/Chicago13_12America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 03385454America/Chicago13_12America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Update from France.

- Louvre, Chateau de Versailles, and the Eiffel Tower are closed now, or imminently.

- Any group gathering must be less than 100 people, so a lot of things are being cancelled, or closed.
Cinema's, Opera's, etc.

- Four towns in Catalonia are under lockdown, with Police controlling the ins and outs (no outs).

- Jack Ma has announced he is donating 500K test kits and 1 miliion masks to the USA, via the Jack Ma Foundation.

- Moscow is going to build a prefab hospital, in line with what the Chinese did in Wuhan, to take in Coronavirus patients.

From Today's live feed at various times (got back from the dentist, and had a few pages to catch up).

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So when we declare a state of emergency that suspends elections right?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Canada; at least 179 cases and 1 death. Ontario reported 19 new cases today.

The panic buying has begun (pics in the link).

All gatherings over 250 are banned in Ontario and Alberta. Haven’t checked on other provinces.

The Around the Bay Race, the oldest road race on the continent (since 1894) has been cancelled.

Many signs that the government is getting ready for a containment decision. Lots of things at work that lead me to believe that.

I am going to make one last run out to get medication and check the situation at our grocery store.

www.cbc.ca...

link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
The problem is not at the beginning, when intensive treatment gets sooo many cases sooner or later they will need to make choices and prefer treatment to young people and leave elderly to die. Here people died and not everyone had underlying health conditions.... too many and too little help. That’s what you guys will see in a couple of weeks in America if it doesn’t slow down

link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

that kind of of decision is above my pay grade. it kind of a catch-22. do we post pone them or allow only some of the people to vote. in my view both options are crappy

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Cases Deaths Serious Critical Recovered
140,616 /5,353 /5,763 /62 /70,655

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here in Costa Blanca Spain people have been told to stay in doors and not to gather outdoors in anyway.
Spain maybe up to 5000 cases already according to the ABC here.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm gonna post this fact about just how many elderly people we have here in the United States.

It is a staggering number of people.

Population

47.8 million

The number of people age 65 and older in the United States on July 1, 2015. This group accounted for 14.9 percent of the total population. The age 65 and older population grew 1.6 million from 2014.
Source:

Census

That is a huge population of at risk people. Imagine if just 10 percent had to be hospitalized.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That ONE PLAYER FROM UTAH just exposed a whole family in FLINT,MI.

That family exposed 2 different schools. 1 an elementary 1 a junior high.

Do you know what happens in FLINT if it continues to spread?! They don't even have great water. They went through a period with no trash pick, legionaries disease, and more. They absolutely cannot handle this there.

All because of that ONE PLAYER. If he would have been more careful maybe this wouldn't have been brought here. You call it fear and drama. I say those in charge of Flint, those who live there and surrounding areas have a Legit concern.
------------

Am I panicking? No I stopped at the local grocery store this morning for laundry soap. Could be the exact same grocery store the family used. The school is only a few streets away.
------
edit on 13-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That is one in seven....over 65. Longevity and good healthcare.

I am not that age, friends are and above. Generally if I had to place a number on percentages, I'd say 3/4 left to the country, mountains or lakes to retire...not in contact like cities.

My neighborhood at the beach is over 65 on average. They don't venture out much, in fact I get asked 'if going to town, can you do this list?" I do so.

Thier contact is not the same as a 30 y/o...keep that in context.

mg

edit on 03485353America/Chicago13_12America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Cases Deaths Serious Critical Recovered
140,616 /5,353 /5,763 /62 /70,655

I have found they aren’t keeping this as up to date as they were before (likely overwhelming). Canada, for example, has been shown sitting at 109 for the last several days but that was our last weekend number. We are at at least 179 official cases now.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

The only reason I am posting with such CONFIDENCE is because of my MOS in the US Army, 74D CBRN.

What is CBRN?

Chemical
Biological
Radiological
Nuclear

Hazmat certified(needs updated)

All training done in Fort Leonard Wood.

I've been MASS CAS exercises and a number of other ones that deal with Hot and Cold zones as a result of exposure, what to lookout for, signs of a distressed and trouble populace, everything that we are seeing is honestly an expected reaction.

One bit of real world concerning info?

*No nation in the world, certainly not the US, is equipped to handle large scale MASS CAS as a result of pandemics and war.

We LEARN AS WE GO and DEVELOP DOCTRINE AND SOP.

Seriously, last time I'm posting in this circle jerk and final advice, Mind your business and always have a plan to stay clean and mindful of gatherings, your basic local recommendations from getting sick, carry on folks.
edit on 13-3-2020 by Arnie123 because: Scurred arses.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Louisiana postpones presidential primaries over coronavirus

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The state of Louisiana has postponed its Democratic and Republican presidential primaries in an effort to curb the spread of coronavirus, Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin said on Friday.

The state, which had been scheduled to hold nominating contests on April 4, will push them back two months to June 20 “to best protect the health and safety of Louisiana voters and voting officials,” Ardoin said at a news conference.

S ource

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Who said they were scared? I missed that because I didn't.

Isn't that how it typically starts??? oneies twosie etc etc?
Sure and thus, we have the FLU and other illnesses.

Guess what? People are still GETTING SICK, but not from Coronovirus, the world has stopped for Coronovirus, yet it doesn't stop for illnesses with larger death tolls.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that this never existed before December. At some point in December this all started with one person. You know the onesie you're referring to. Given enough time this could top the viruses and dieses you're referring too.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join