It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

In a Galaxy far away and a long time ago...

I went through 8404 NEC for FMS USMC and have my FMC pin still proudly displayed in my den. E5 or equal to Sgt. USMC.

NorComm is only looking towards mission readiness....make no mistake.

I live less than five miles from the USCG officer housing and a ferry ride from the USMC Force Researves (where I completed MFRM and IRR)..

I am in contact...VFW and Knights of Columbus as well...active...and Company C in Galveston, TX. AmphTrac.

My much better half is a practitioner at UTMB Galveston...she has gone through months of protocol rehearsals now......no such concerns here...

I'm I. oil now...hated by environmentalists that still drive cars....

Be careful on thus site...never assume who you addressing us not knowledgeable....there was once a day your threat to never post would have you ignored anyways.

mg

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

Thanks for this update, I'm about 45 minutes south, across the bridge. We have a few cases in Cornwall, a little strange that 'they' are keeping the locations hidden.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: solarone

Thank you!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
France Numbers in.
Officially 3661 infected, 800 more than yesterday (at the same time).
79 total dead so far.

19h11 local time :

www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: space

edit : Also, just above in the live feed " America about to declare a state of emergency, maybe ? Due to be White House announcement on Coronavirus at 15h00 US time."
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added "at the same time"

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Part 5 will be a sad one

Let’s hope not !

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: slapjacks
Italy +2547 new cases and +250 new deaths...
www.worldometers.info...

I'll ask again...

Is there any site that is keeping up with Italy's stats as far as deaths/critical cases by age and/or underlying conditions groups?

Everything I've read says that 81 being the average age of the dead is still relevant. This is the only thing that I see that explains he anomaly - for some reason, somehow, this thing is spreading like wildfire in their aged population.

We saw the result when it hit the one in Washington State here... devastating.

same site
www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

they made data available 6 days ago , then nothing. Today something is coming out, i will keep you posted , so far the only thing i found is that average age of victims is 80.3 years old and only 25% are women
source

edit on 13-3-2020 by marshaxt because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2020 by marshaxt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

On a more somber note, Dennis Prager made a point I never considered how many kids amongst all these school shutdowns rely on the school for a healthy meal or two a day cause they dont get it at home, whats going to happen to them if the school shuts down for 4-6 weeks.

In our community we have started a thread on our city FB page where people can sign up to drop food off at a designated space in our local police station. We're letting parents know that all they need to do is go and get what they need. It really brought tears to my eyes. The sign up list of people willing take food up there for those families in need was so long I finally quit scrolling. They have also said that some of the elderly in homes rely on family to supplement their food, so people are helping with that too.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
originally posted by: tanstaafl
"I'll ask again...

Is there any site that is keeping up with Italy's stats as far as deaths/critical cases by age and/or underlying conditions groups?

Everything I've read says that 81 being the average age of the dead is still relevant. This is the only thing that I see that explains he anomaly - for some reason, somehow, this thing is spreading like wildfire in their aged population.

We saw the result when it hit the one in Washington State here... devastating."

same site
www.worldometers.info...

Fully aware of that, it isn't what I asked for...

First, that data is almost a month old. Second, it is for overall stats.

I'm interested in a breakdown by Country - in this case, Italy.

I wish clicking on an individual Country would provide t hose stats, but it doesn't.

Also, the more important stats - how many of the infected were asymptomatic? How many only had mild symptoms that needed no medical intervention? Things like that would go a long, long way to settling some of the differences of opinion we're having here.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: marshaxt
a reply to: tanstaafl

they made data available 6 days ago , then nothing. Today something is coming out, i will keep you posted , so far the only thing i found is that average age of victims is 80.3 years old and only 25% are women
source

Thanks! Ok, so the average age is about the same, and looks like the ratio of men to women increased (more m en than women)...

Very sad and tragic for Italy, but hopefully we can learn something from it. We need to lock down any and all group homes for elderly and/or health challenged like now!
edit on 13-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueSwan

Wow, hope you're both ok! I can only imagine how many people around the world have, or had the Corona that weren't aware they have/had it.

Stay safe

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
National Guard activated to combat coronavirus spread in six states, more to follow

New York Army National Guard Soldiers distribute food parcels in Westchester County, N.Y. on March 12, 2020 as part of the New York State response to the effort to contain a cluster of coronavirus, also known as Covid-19, cases in New Rochelle, N.Y. The Soldiers and Airmen were providing food to families to make up for school lunch and breakfast meals students are missing after schools in New Rochelle were closed to prevent the spread of the virus. (Col. Steve Rowe/U.S. Army National Guard)

Around 400 National Guard personnel have been activated across six states to support operations to stem the spread of novel coronavirus, the National Guard Bureau said in a press release.

The governors of Florida, Iowa, Louisiana, New York, Rhode Island and Washington have all activated components of their Army and Air National Guard. Guardsmen in California and Maryland are also expected to join their states’ efforts today.

“The National Guard is fully involved at the local, state, and federal level in the planning and execution of the nation’s response to COVID-19,” a National Guard Bureau spokesperson said in the release. “In times of emergency, the National Guard Bureau serves as a federal coordinating agency should a state require assistance from the National Guard of another state.”

“At the national level, Guard members are training personnel on COVID-19 response, identifying and preparing National Guard facilities for use as isolation housing, and compiling state medical supply inventories,” the release continued. “National Guard personnel will provide assistance to the states that include logistical support, disinfection/cleaning, activate/conduct transportation of medical personnel, call center support, and meal delivery."

While the number currently stands at under 500, the National Guard Bureau said those numbers “will rapidly change,” as the agency “expect[s] that number to approach 1,000” by the end of the day.

Sou rce

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
We are now facing a problem with getting third party testing data into a centralized database and made available to the public. The confirmed cases reported in the U.S. only include the cases confirmed from the piddly amount of tests done by the CDC.

We also need someone (a task force?) to coordinate communication between the states about the cases being confirmed by the various testing. For example, in Indiana, one patient was refused a test twice because they didn't fit the criteria. He had been to a BioGen conference in Boston. I looked it up in Massachusetts' news...they had 15 other cases related to that BioGen conference. Was that communicated to other states? Who knows?

The third party testing data is critical and that must be organized ASAP so that people aren't given a false sense of security.

Yes, I think a task force to collect and disseminate information and coordinate response would be great, and very beneficial. If the numbers balloon here in the states as testing becomes more prevalent and there is more spread, it would seem building prefab hospitals would become very important. Separating people with covid19 from other patients in hospitals seems to be one of the ways China controlled its problem.
tetra
edit on 13-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Details of CCP instructions to prisoners working as 50 cent army. Intercepted CCP doc translated. The prisoners get points per post and time off/early relesase for so many points. Not just related to this topic as the CCP has infiltrated more media that the Russians, but definitely relevant to the current situation.

Regulations for Internet Commentators

A few exerpts:

Methods:

4. Online commentators should be skillful in concealing their real identities. They must have multiple different usernames, with which they need to post articles in various styles of writing. If required, members of different working teams can pretend to be netizens who are debating in forums. Then, the third party can put forward strong evidence to guide the public opinion in its favor.

5. When rumors are spreading in the cyberspace, commentators should find the original post and the publisher as soon as possible. Commentators should compel the website administrators to delete the original post. Then, commentators should copy and post the content of the deleted post and use another IP address to declare themselves as local citizens in which the rumor took place. Then, commentators should use the account of forum moderators or other netizens to point out that the IP address does not belong to the area where the rumor was referring to, thus proving the message a canard.

6. If needed, commentators can post fake news that is more sensational to capture the attention of netizens.Then, commentators should soon clarify that those pieces of information are purely rumors.

7. On some popular forums where the credibility of netizens is usually high, commentators should go make a mess. Commentators can intervene by posting ambiguous articles, distort viewpoints irrationally in their comments, incite misunderstandings, and debates to distract the netizens’ attention from some issues.

8. It is difficult to gain control of the public opinion on websites overseas. When commentators fail to dominate the public opinion on foreign forums, they can use short, irrational, and meaningless posts to spam the forum. When the screen is flooded with a pointless mess, netizens are likely to lose interest. In this way, commentators can prevent reactionary ideologies from public dissemination.

9. To meet the basic qualifications of an “internet commentator,” one has to continuously learn to improve their writing skills, and learn to grasp several writing styles while mastering the art of imitating others’ writing.

10. Learn to communicate effectively with fellow netizens, earn their trust and blend in with them, especially so for those whose articles are influential online. Get a position as the host to crucial online forums, when possible.

13. Flexibility and principle combined. Be sure to create an image that is indistinguishable from the real thing, and be someone who is not easily identified. Be familiar with not only our point of view, but also others’ ideas. knowing one's own and the enemy's situation

14. Online commentators should always remember their glorious task, not be blocked by difficulties and misunderstandings. Do not care about the reputation on the surface, do not really be angered by the other side under any circumstances. Always keep rational, calm psychology.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Details of CCP instructions to prisoners working as 50 cent army. Intercepted CCP doc translated. The prisoners get points per post and time off/early relesase for so many points. Not just related to this topic as the CCP has infiltrated more media that the Russians, but definitely relevant to the current situation.

Regulations for Internet Commentators

A few exerpts:

Methods:

4. Online commentators should be skillful in concealing their real identities. They must have multiple different usernames, with which they need to post articles in various styles of writing. If required, members of different working teams can pretend to be netizens who are debating in forums. Then, the third party can put forward strong evidence to guide the public opinion in its favor.

5. When rumors are spreading in the cyberspace, commentators should find the original post and the publisher as soon as possible. Commentators should compel the website administrators to delete the original post. Then, commentators should copy and post the content of the deleted post and use another IP address to declare themselves as local citizens in which the rumor took place. Then, commentators should use the account of forum moderators or other netizens to point out that the IP address does not belong to the area where the rumor was referring to, thus proving the message a canard.

6. If needed, commentators can post fake news that is more sensational to capture the attention of netizens.Then, commentators should soon clarify that those pieces of information are purely rumors.

7. On some popular forums where the credibility of netizens is usually high, commentators should go make a mess. Commentators can intervene by posting ambiguous articles, distort viewpoints irrationally in their comments, incite misunderstandings, and debates to distract the netizens’ attention from some issues.

8. It is difficult to gain control of the public opinion on websites overseas. When commentators fail to dominate the public opinion on foreign forums, they can use short, irrational, and meaningless posts to spam the forum. When the screen is flooded with a pointless mess, netizens are likely to lose interest. In this way, commentators can prevent reactionary ideologies from public dissemination.

9. To meet the basic qualifications of an “internet commentator,” one has to continuously learn to improve their writing skills, and learn to grasp several writing styles while mastering the art of imitating others’ writing.

10. Learn to communicate effectively with fellow netizens, earn their trust and blend in with them, especially so for those whose articles are influential online. Get a position as the host to crucial online forums, when possible.

13. Flexibility and principle combined. Be sure to create an image that is indistinguishable from the real thing, and be someone who is not easily identified. Be familiar with not only our point of view, but also others’ ideas. knowing one's own and the enemy's situation

14. Online commentators should always remember their glorious task, not be blocked by difficulties and misunderstandings. Do not care about the reputation on the surface, do not really be angered by the other side under any circumstances. Always keep rational, calm psychology.

Lets not invite sh!tloads of comments about CCP vs USA and vica versa.
Coronavirus Update Thread, Please.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The US has passed 2000 cases

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

(post by DancedWithWolves removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Russia is implementing restrictions on flights from the EU, Including Norway and Switzerland.

19h42 local time :

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: malektaus
The US has passed 2000 cases

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

Spain went up too (for the day).

1188 New cases, and 36 new deaths.
4334/122 Total.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Italy's numbers are going through the roof right now with new cases and deaths!

They have the more vicious of the 2 viruses going round I heard but I think many have passed that version of the virus onto the rest of Europe!

I think here in the UK, flights are still coming and going. I can't believe it.

CHINA need bombing!

Only joking but they need something

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join