It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I guess she probably should have checked in with this Missouri Man who was charged with terrorism for licking items at a Walmart before doing something as stupid as that.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
NYC PANDEMIC CASE SUMMARY

LINK

Wuhan/Hubei province shut down at ~1000 reported cases.

Italy and Spain both shut down at 10000 or so reported cases..

The United States are approaching 70,000 cases and counting even with the low testing rates. We are not enforcing quarantine measures. In NYC you can take a plane to most states still or drive out of NYC 🤦‍♂️ Airport is still open... At this point we need a vaccine yesterday this is going to drag on and you need a damn compound calculator to get an idea on the cases and deaths to understand the concern.

This is super scary!
Worried rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: anonentity

Doctors kinda have this oath they take to heal people, that doesn't involve giving someone something they heard might work, maybe .

Yeah, but if it were my wife in the hospital dying and there is even the slightest chance it might save her, he better damned site make that prescription.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hi all - just joined as I am seeing a disturbing trend with perception to this event.

a) Blaming the current administration. They're doing everything they can at this point. You simply cannot plan in advance for something like this. This is pure reaction. Ventilators are complicated and take time to make. There will be a debate as to who knew what and when later on.

b) I'm not entirely sure people understand what this is? based on what we know, this is nearly a perfect pathogen to cause breakdown of society. Long incubation, asymptomatic transmission, long survival on surfaces, very small virus so has ability to remain in the air for a long time, high mutation rate, large percentage 15-20% need hospitalization, can potentially infect with different mutations at the same time..... This pathogen will be studied for decades after this. Its almost too perfect...and we can get into where it came from another time.

c) There are a lot of you complaining about lifting quarentines...this isnt going away guys/gals...unless Hydroxychloroquine/z-pak/zinc works (good possibility), it wont matter how long we quarentine..
We have 2 options --Either the entire world goes into lockdown for 2 months waiting until all curve completion, or we lift quarentines and practice prevention and open the economy. Destruction of the economy on top of this, you're looking at complete breakdown of society. Think, how many more people that situation would kill? it would take decades to rebuild the economy in that situation. People who are advocating not lifting quarentines without the entire world going into lock down are advocating for even more loss of life...

d) There is clearly a strategy to limit fear in the public with this type of event. That is standard protocol. There are some that can handle the truth, but there are many others that cannot. you cant risk panic. Whether you believe it or not, we create our own realities---if we are all living in fear we open our lives up to potential probabilities which could manifest that fear. This is why it is so incredibly important to be an optimist in these types of situations. This is why any media trying to exacerbate fear is quickly shutdown. If we could all mange the truth constructively, there would be a different protocol. Maybe some day when we all wake up, that will be the case.

This is an amazing forum, honey pot in all, but you all have done a great service by keeping this information flowing.
I wish you all the best
edit on 26-3-2020 by Justice309 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Oopsie...
edit on 26-3-2020 by Rich Z because: Mistaken post. Sorry.

(post by Rich Z removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Update Mar.25/20 - 11pm EST
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada * 1,342-Quebec, 688-Ontario, 659-British Columbia, 419-Alberta,
35-Manitoba, 12-Grand Princess, 18-New Brunswick, 86-Saskatchewan
5-Prince Edward Island, 67- Newfoundland & Labrador, 68-Nova Scotia
1- Northwest Territories, 3-Yukon
Total= 3404

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

Mar.01/20 - 4 more confirm + 20 Canada = Total 24
Mar.02/20 - 3 more confirm + 24 Canada = Total 27
Mar.03/20 - 6 more confirm + 27 Canada = Total 33
Mar.04/20 - 1 more confirm + 33 Canada = Total 34
Mar.05/20 - 14 more confirm + 34 Canada = Total 48
Mar.06/20 - 6 more confirm + 48 Canada = Total 54
Mar.07/20 - 6 more confirm + 54 Canada = Total 60
Mar.08/20 - 6 more confirm + 60 Canada = Total 66
Mar.09/20 - 11 more confirm + 66 Canada = Total 78
Mar.10/20 - 19 more confirm + 78 Canada = Total 97
Mar.11/20 - 21 more confirm + 78 Canada = Total 119
Mar.12/20 - 40 more confirm + 119 Canada = Total 159
Mar.13/20 - 43 more confirm + 159 Canada = Total 202
Mar.14/20 - 55 more confirm + 202 Canada = Total 257
Mar.15/20 - 86 more confirm + 257 Canada = Total 343
Mar.16/20 - 98 more confirm + 343 Canada = Total 444
Mar.17/20 - 154 more confirm + 444 Canada = Total 588
Mar.18/20 - 128 more confirm + 588 Canada = Total 716
Mar.19/20 - 157 more confirm + 716 Canada = Total 873
Mar.20/20 - 216 more confirm + 873 Canada = Total 1,089
Mar.21/20 - 242 more confirm + 1,089 Canada = Total 1,331
Mar.22/20 - 141 more confirm + 1,330 Canada = Total 1,472
Mar.23/20 - 619 more confirm + 1,472 Canada = Total 2,091
Mar.24/20 - 701 more confirm + 2,091 Canada = Total 2,795
Mar.25/20 - 582 more confirm + 2,795 Canada = Total 3,404

www.worldometers.info...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

‘People Are Dying’: 72 Hours Inside a N.Y.C. Hospital Battling Coronavirus

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

I would suggest you get the nurse on your side first. They often are the patient advocate. One of my daughters is a NICU nurse and she isn't shy about telling the doctor she knows her patient better and what the doctor is wanting to do is wrong. Talk with the nurse first. The doctor will listen to the nurse in most cases.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It you think the mitigation actions taken in the USA are panic driven, based on hyperbola, and unnecessary.

Please read this thread, and then tell me what I am missing.

The Data That Matters - South Korea - Chloroquine - China Take 2

Soul

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This has been on the news all day. Fears of people leaving Tokyo to go to surrounding areas, like Kobe and Chiba. I don't have any pictures to show, but if some are posted at another site I'll see what I can post here. Just got back from the store. Busy, kind of very busy in a way. Mostly woman shopping, a few retired husbands tagging along. Mostly looking in the liquor isle. LOL
I had mention about farmers wanting in the villages to protect their gardens... hmm... You see, here we have over 2 million foreigners and many are kind of "drop outs " in their country. So somehow they get a work visa and come here. They have what we call the 3 DDD jobs. dumb, dangerous and dirty
I can tell ya, they are not going to be someone you want bang'n at your door in the middle of the night. I don't have any new "street talk" since I've mentioned everything in my most recent post. As for my family, saying "protective level 4" would be the highest (most dangerous) then I'd say we are at level 1 today. We live in one of the main farm arteries here and have many, many small villages between town centers. Like only one road to enter and get out. Surrounded by mountains locally here, but not everywhere. I can say one thing, I hope the way they present the news doesn't change like it is in America (not that I really know how it is ).
Stay safe everyone and remember, family comes first.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justice309
Hi all - just joined as I am seeing a disturbing trend with perception to this event.

a) Blaming the current administration. They're doing everything they can at this point. You simply cannot plan in advance for something like this. This is pure reaction. Ventilators are complicated and take time to make. There will be a debate as to who knew what and when later on.

b) I'm not entirely sure people understand what this is? based on what we know, this is nearly a perfect pathogen to cause breakdown of society. Long incubation, asymptomatic transmission, long survival on surfaces, very small virus so has ability to remain in the air for a long time, high mutation rate, large percentage 15-20% need hospitalization, can potentially infect with different mutations at the same time..... This pathogen will be studied for decades after this. Its almost too perfect...and we can get into where it came from another time.

c) There are a lot of you complaining about lifting quarentines...this isnt going away guys/gals...unless Hydroxychloroquine/z-pak/zinc works (good possibility), it wont matter how long we quarentine..
We have 2 options --Either the entire world goes into lockdown for 2 months waiting until all curve completion, or we lift quarentines and practice prevention and open the economy. Destruction of the economy on top of this, you're looking at complete breakdown of society. Think, how many more people that situation would kill? it would take decades to rebuild the economy in that situation. People who are advocating not lifting quarentines without the entire world going into lock down are advocating for even more loss of life...

d) There is clearly a strategy to limit fear in the public with this type of event. That is standard protocol. There are some that can handle the truth, but there are many others that cannot. you cant risk panic. Whether you believe it or not, we create our own realities---if we are all living in fear we open our lives up to potential probabilities which could manifest that fear. This is why it is so incredibly important to be an optimist in these types of situations. This is why any media trying to exacerbate fear is quickly shutdown. If we could all mange the truth constructively, there would be a different protocol. Maybe some day when we all wake up, that will be the case.

This is an amazing forum, honey pot in all, but you all have done a great service by keeping this information flowing.
I wish you all the best

a) - rubbish, you can plan for pandemics - its not the first one. And their not nearly doing "everything they can" - quite the opposite actually. It may be "pure reaction" but its certainly not satisfactory pre emptive reactions, after all china closed borders when??????? We are closing when???????

b) - pritty clear your "not exactly sure what this is" if it was the "perfect pathogen" people would not be recovering.

c) - fair enough.

d) - so lie to protect a possible panic scenario, heres a cliche for you "the truth is always the best option" but thanks for admitting the media is censoring and judging what is fear mongering which is not acceptable.

Whether some could manage the truth or not is not TPTB's call, how dare they.

WE ARE ENTITLED TO THE TRUTH, end of story.

You wish us all the best with limited exposure to the truth and a set of your guidelines.
Please. Maybe one day you and your kind " will wake up."
edit on 26-3-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

‘People Are Dying’: 72 Hours Inside a N.Y.C. Hospital Battling Coronavirus

www.nytimes.com...

Great video, only people who lack empathy, or are completely self centered could watch that and not see the pressing need for all of us to do everything we can to help alleviate the pressure coming down on our medical system.

Soul

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear
Just to clear up something else with the ICU shortage/terminology. In most cases, especially when they are talking shortage, they are specifically referring to ICU beds with ventilators, so ICU isn't just in a general sense. The term is being thrown around but often without the caveat. This was clarified on the NY briefing yesterday.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi guys. Sorry for lack of updates, been busy following the local news and doing other stuff. Also lurking here.

A new update from Chile. Sources in english by Google Translate. If it's in spanish is because google translate has problems with that host.

We currently are at day 23 since the first case. 1.142 confirmed, 22 total recovered, 34 at hospital (they do not update this info too much) and 3 dead.

Will talk about the dead, because the 1st and 2nd deaths were controversial.

- The first dead was said by the government that the woman was infected during a family meeting by a family member that had traveled to Argentina and had it traced. However, the family had to deny this and said the family member never traveled aboard, she got infected by the husband of the granddaughter. He works in an office that deal with patients that have to do formalities with medical licences and the like Source in spanish. In other words, government lied. A lot of the faamily members aare now positvee and the office where one of the grandson works is now closed because there are 32 confirmed cases there. Source

- The 2nd death is even more controversial. The woman of 78 years old with cancer died at 6:25 AM. The health minister does the daily press conference between 11:00 AM and 12:30 PM to inform about the cases. Thing is he didn't inform about the death... The mayor of the commune were the woman died got upset and went on live national TV and informed it. They did NOT inform how she got infected. The government got very upset! Again, as I have stated in other posts, our government will lie until the situation is un-containable. Source and Source

-Ok, I bold some stuff in the last paragraphs, that's because the government is saying that there is no need to do a total national quarantine as long as the cases are traceable Source. It clearly got out of control. They have chosen to maintain production over lives.

-Sunday, March 22nd the government announced a curfew between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM to stop the spreading of the virus and reduce social contacts.....(How stupid can they be? They clearly chose that time because it's the time of less production). Source. The result was that the next day most people had to leave to work at the same time, and since the public transport was still not working at the same time the curfew ended.... Everything got crowed and impossible to do social distancing. Source and some photos. The government said they would fix the starting time of public transport, but people on he web are still complaining, haven't seen news papers showing if it got better.

-Mayors and people are getting even more upset because there is still no total quarantine. On live TV a government official was saying that we are in "different stages" of a quarantine.. The mayor got very upset and told him "we are not in quarantine, do not treat us like we are a troop of morons". Source

After this, the government announced a quarantine to the the 7 communes of the capital with the most cases for 7 days. And announced a check point to screen people for fever that enters or leaves the capital (they insist on this that clearly doesn't work). Source People are upset because they want a full national quarantine NOW.

Now, I have been analyzing some data (from corona.help...) and comparing with other countries. Chile is in the day 23 after the first case. I'm somewhat worried, because we are at 1.142 total cases. Italy after 23 days had 62, Spain still had 2, U.S.A. 10 (but we now you guys had/have testing problems), South Korea 28, Switzerland 4,222 (wow). This tells me this is moving very fast over here. The processing of the test is taking between 24hrs and 5 days to get a result Source. Note by me: So might we be lagging behind by at least 3 days in average?

Also, their seems to be a linear tendency in the number of cases given by the government, specially between the 19th and the 23rd... I think that is suspicious. Still not to much data to assure this.

edit on 26/3/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Funny how they have all those coffins ready?

top topics

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join