It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

That number is always high... it's not the CFR. If you go to the BNO page they have the percentage for each country there. The CFR isn't counted using the recovered number. It's the amount of deaths divided by the amount of cases.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

...damage to the taste and smell nerves.

Nerve damage, hmmm.

Increasing evidence shows that coronaviruses are not always confined to the respiratory tract and that they may also invade the central nervous system inducing neurological diseases.

The neuroinvasive potential of SARS-CoV2 may play a role in the respiratory failure of COVID-19 patients.

Yes, I thought that when I saw it earlier. If this turns out to be true, then the range of symptoms could be quite broad right? Also might lead to misdiagnosed causes of death in earlier contractors of the disease... is this correct? Or am I speculating too far there? I'm not clued up on this sort of thing.

I said a long time ago this is like cyanide and goes for the nervous system. The lungs are the symptoms, the 'cause' is in the ANS

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed ( Waiting for Boris) :

6.52pm - France is conducting 5,000 tests per day, Germany is doing 10,000. France is looking to introduce tests that are quicker, and more rapid.

7pm - Total Lockdown announced in South Africa, to come into effect Thurday night, for 21 days. Enforced by Police and Army.

7.13pm (and other sites : UN calling for 'Global Cease-Fire' to fight COVID19.

7.16pm (From Summary) :
- New York State confirms 5707 news cases, bringing the total 20,875. 13% require hospitalisation, and of those 13%, a quarter are in Intensive Care.

8.08pm - New York City confirms 12,339 Total cases, and 99 Total Deaths on Monday.

Guardian Live Feed

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

And is not good for much of anything.

academic.oup.com...
There is definitely a nonnegligible number of patients with unknown outcomes.

edit on 3/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo
a reply to: tanstaafl
I actually thought the death rate had nothing to do with the shutting down of everything but rather the driving concern is the overloading of the healthcare system. You are absolutely correct the CFR of this thing is nothing (in the grand scheme of things) but its % that require hospitalization (and some of that is long term) is rather high.

The US has almost one million hospital beds. One of our local hospitals here in Ga has been virtually emptied, in preparation for an onslaught (makes me wonder, considering all of the people they sent home as not absolutely needing to be in the hospital - why were they in there in the first place? Answer: MONEY). I have heard it is the same almost all over the country.

We currently have just over 1,000 critical cases, and are currently massively ramping up production of the critical equipment necessary to help those who need it.

So, forgive me if I just respond with ... meh...

I'm not a big fan of the shutdowns but I'm not seeing a better alternative. I know you want to shelter the more at risk population with the rest of us out and about doing what we do

You see it, but you don't see it.

this does nothing to keep all the 20-50 year olds out of ICU. They may not die but they are going to clog the system.

If they will now, they will later too, when this thing just picks back up again after a few weeks/months after we open things up again.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tracele
In the Midlands UK, very quiet in the local area most cars are parked on driveways and barely anyone around. It’s the first day of school closures too but so far I’ve not seen any kids around which is good. A lot of shops are now closed and more being announced throughout the day, Costa, Subway and Greggs just today. It’s all feeling very strange, everyone is talking about it and lots are worried, especially about trying to get meds.

We’re now waiting for Boris to address the country at 8.30pm regarding stricter measures... what that means we have no idea quite honestly.

Link

I bet most people are more worried about where they'll get their vegan sausage rolls and pasties now Greggs is shut.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The US has almost one million hospital beds.

No problem then, just fly patients all over the country as needed.

(post by tanstaafl removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Probably these people want them fast inwww.msn.com... Australia .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

EDIT: Lockdown
edit on 23/3/2020 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
From the BBC Live feed, an nice graphic that might help explain to people the benefits of Social Distancing :

Also, a quote from US National Guard Leader Gen Joseph Legyel :

US National Guard leader Gen Joseph Lengyel described the situation as having "54 different hurricanes hitting every state" - and as of Monday morning, some 7,300 national guard troops are providing critical support nationwide

19h50 and 19h47 in the BBC Live Feed

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, I see the numbers are in for NY the first is from Johns Hopkins University:

www.worldometers.info...

We also have a total of 10 in Oneida county, mine.
www.wktv.com...

UTICA, N.Y. – Three more Oneida County residents have tested positive for coronavirus, according to County Executive Anthony Picente. That means there are now 10 total residents with the disease.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Thankfully, the New York and US mortality death rate continues to shrink.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Wow. But good luck trying to get that through the thick skulls of the people that won't listen.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As long as the number of cases increases there is no way to know that.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well that's us in the Uk on shutdown.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Boris's short speech resumed by the Guardian :

UK citizens are now being ordered to stay in their homes in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus. He says people will only be allowed to leave their home for the following “very limited purposes”:

- Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible

- One form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

- Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person

- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

That’s all – these are the only reasons you should leave your home.

You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say No.

You should not be meeting family members who do not live in your home. You should not be going shopping except for essentials like food and medicine — and you should do this as little as you can. And use food delivery services where you can.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Gotta be honest, Yes, I prepped for this (thankfully) when it got started but I had hoped that it would've been over way before now. Our Gov. cuomo said that this could last 4-6-8 months before things change.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
BBC version, with more info :

Here are the major points of his speech:

From tonight, people in Britain will be allowed to leave their homes for only “very limited purposes” - shopping for basic necessities; for one form of exercise a day; for any medical need; and to travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary”

People are warned not to meet friends or family members who they do not live with

Shopping is only permitted for essentials like food and medicine, and people are advised to do it “as little as you can”

Police have powers to enforce the rules, including through fines and dispersing gatherings

All shops selling non-essential goods, such as clothing and electronic stores, are ordered to close

Libraries, playgrounds, outdoor gyms and places of worship are to close

All gatherings of more than two people in public - excluding people you live with - are banned

All social events, including weddings and baptisms are banned

Funerals are not included in the new restrictions

Parks will remain open for exercise but gatherings will be dispersed

Restrictions “under constant review” and will be checked again in three weeks. They will be relaxed “if the evidence shows we are able to”

at 21h37
www.bbc.com...
edit on 23-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: formatting

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

No, what I heard Boris say was continue pretty much as you are. No lockdown. Just a few more measures.

new topics

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join