It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Boris to address the nation at 20:30 GMT. Seems like a big change is incoming.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
France in.

3838 new cases and 186 new deaths in France

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I actually thought the death rate had nothing to do with the shutting down of everything but rather the driving concern is the overloading of the healthcare system. You are absolutely correct the CFR of this thing is nothing (in the grand scheme of things) but its % that require hospitalization (and some of that is long term) is rather high.

I'm not a big fan of the shutdowns but I'm not seeing a better alternative. I know you want to shelter the more at risk population with the rest of us out and about doing what we do but this does nothing to keep all the 20-50 year olds out of ICU. They may not die but they are going to clog the system.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Tempussolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
PA Governor Wolf has issued a stay at home order for the six hardest hit counties in Pennsylvania.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempussolo
This brings up the important point that the CFR is the percentage of confirmed cases that result in death.

But, "deaths due to CV19" should include people who had a near fatal car accident or heart attack, but couldnt get life saving care because the system is overloaded with severe and critical CV19 cases.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
CHINA: increasing reports from citizens and experts that a second wave is taking off slowly.... brought into China from outside.

Makes you wonder which of the two strains confirmed in Europe that China already had... the mild or the aggressive one.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

SO, ITS GONE UP TO 987 NEW CASES TODAY??/

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: flice
Second wave as in new infections among those no previously infected?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I appreciate the updates, MonkeyBalls2.

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Worldometer Update :

BNOnews

www.worldometers.info...

bnonews.com...

edit on 23-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
UPDATE:

So, my friend's uncle who was expected to pass away last evening from the virus has not died. They gave him some meds that he is responding to positively and he is being transferred to a bigger Boston hospital I guess.

This is very good news because we were told he was a goner last evening.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
UPDATE:

So, my friend's uncle who was expected to pass away last evening from the virus has not died. They gave him some meds that he is responding to positively and he is being transferred to a bigger Boston hospital I guess.

This is very good news because we were told he was a goner last evening.

What meds? This inside knowledge is invaluable. Keep us posted!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
California police to use Chinese-made patrol drones with night-vision cameras during coronavirus lockdown

MrRCFly: do you have enough audio memory on your product to put "Hey Kid, Get OFF MY LAWN" in it?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oregon governor Kate Brown issued stay-at-home orders today. Effective at 12:01am tomorrow, all non-essential businesses must close; businesses remaining open must observe social distancing measures. Failure to comply is subject to Class C misdemeanor, which carries fines and/or jail time.
edit on 3/23/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

USA Update...

CFR still at 1.3%, 98% of unresolved cases still mild, with only 2% critical.

Those constantly saying 'just wait 2 weeks' need to start admitting that the numbers aren't supporting their positions...
I don't know what the actual number is, but again I don't think that's how it's calculated.

It is right now, until it is over, and we have much much better numbers on the unresolved...

USA back down to 1.2% CFR. As the numbers climb, it just keeps going down, over the last 2 weeks.

If this was going to be as bad as some are claiming - and bad enough to destroy our economy over - wouldn't this number be going in the other direction?

We get it... you are loosing money.

Economy = good
People = bad

I think we are all tired of hearing it from you.
edit on 23-3-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
California police to use Chinese-made patrol drones with night-vision cameras during coronavirus lockdown

MrRCFly: do you have enough audio memory on your product to put "Hey Kid, Get OFF MY LAWN" in it?

Oh ya!!! Not a problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
$34,927.43, she was uninsured at the time she went to the Hospital.

While I generally don't have a lot of sympathy who loses their home to fire or other causes and cannot replace it because they didn't have insurance, I imagine our benevolent government will find a way to help this lady...

How dare someone get Coronavirus without having heath insurance !!!

People stay away from Coronavirus if you’re one of the millions of Americans without health insurance !!

Why do I feel like you probably are also trolling NBA basketball forums telling these players they need to get back to work and play ball.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
Oregon governor Kate Brown issued stay-at-home orders today. Effective at 12:01am tomorrow, all non-essential businesses must close; businesses remaining open must observe social distancing measures. Failure to comply is subject to Class C misdemeanor, which carries fines and/or jail time.

She kept the marijuana dispensaries open.

ROTFLMAO

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Priorities, ya know?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Went to my local neighborhood market (small wally world) while wandering the aisles picking up random things needed to top up my supplies I noticed some strange trends.

Cheap potato chips bag empty, yet the big bags of small chips were still full, everything under the sun for treating flu symptoms gone, yet things that help prevent you getting sick were still fully stocked.

The children's (baby to toddler) meds being empty is what irritated me the most cause I doubt that every new parent all showed up and cleaned the shelves.

Other than that round Valdosta way things while slower still seem to be trucking along at a normal pace.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman

I think you're missing some expletives! Some kids are good, but most only respond to swearing.

Update: Maybe some good news!

The Guardian Live Feed

Smaller daily increase for second day in Italy
Italy has registered a smaller day-to-day increase in new coronavirus cases for the second straight day.

The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy has grown by 602 to 6,078, the head of the Civil Protection Agency said, an 11% increase but the smallest rise in numerical terms since Thursday, suggesting a clear downward trend.

On Sunday, 651 people died. That followed 793 on Saturday and 627 on Friday.

Let's see if the trend continues and improves.

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join