It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada confirms first 'community case' of COVID-19: Here's what that means

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Well. People are still exchanging cash, which the workers touch, and then they touch your drinks, so... I don't know.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Huh, that's pretty effing gross even in non-virus panic times. I wouldn't let anyone bring in a cup. What's next, brining your own flatware?

I am dumbfounded as to how it’s been allowed to go one this long. I stopped going in there after I witnessed this splashing & steaming. I had thought they stopped filling your own cups once they started opening up shops everywhere besides trucking routes, It’s a popular place and their coffee isn’t even that good. Started off they had good donuts, this was in 1978, so it’s been this long!

Buy a paper cup, then go pour it into your filthy a$$ travel cup afterwards.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Well. People are still exchanging cash, which the workers touch, and then they touch your drinks, so... I don't know.

Yes that’s another way of transmission.its really hard to avoid

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Well... I’m very sorry you haven’t.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
globalnews.ca...

Alberta’s chief medical health officer, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, said at a news conference Friday that the second case is connected to a man in his 40s from Edmonton who just returned from a trip to the U.S.

“Because this lab result just came back, we do not yet have details on this person’s activities since they returned from their trip,” Hinshaw said. “I’m sharing this information in order to be transparent and to meet our goal of sharing information with the public when we have it.”

It goes on to say that he returned from the US at the end of February. Very few details otherwise....other than he visited Illinois, Michigan and Ohio. Did he get it at one of those states? Did he spread it around since? They’ll tell us more soon, they say.
I hope this stays mild.....

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I am dumbfounded as to how it’s been allowed to go one this long. I stopped going in there after I witnessed this splashing & steaming. I had thought they stopped filling your own cups once they started opening up shops everywhere besides trucking routes, It’s a popular place and their coffee isn’t even that good. Started off they had good donuts, this was in 1978, so it’s been this long!

Buy a paper cup, then go pour it into your filthy a$$ travel cup afterwards.

Might as well just have them lick your cup for good measure.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There’s bound to be a bunch of community cases soon, people are being told (Asked) to self isolate if they get symptoms sometime in the 14 days after coming back from travelling.

Meanwhile, they’re shopping, banking, on public transport, etc

There’s no travel bans from anywhere either.....our prime minister has said that would be infringing on people’s rights.....

The barn doors are wide open......

Our news is telling us that this is nothing, no more worrisome than the flu...and then we have other news telling us this is bordering on a pandemic 😕

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
globalnews.ca...

Alberta’s chief medical health officer, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, said at a news conference Friday that the second case is connected to a man in his 40s from Edmonton who just returned from a trip to the U.S.

“Because this lab result just came back, we do not yet have details on this person’s activities since they returned from their trip,” Hinshaw said. “I’m sharing this information in order to be transparent and to meet our goal of sharing information with the public when we have it.”

It goes on to say that he returned from the US at the end of February. Very few details otherwise....other than he visited Illinois, Michigan and Ohio. Did he get it at one of those states? Did he spread it around since? They’ll tell us more soon, they say.
I hope this stays mild.....

how did he travel? if he flew he could have easily picked it up in any airport he was in, or on any aircraft he flew in. even if the infected person spreading it was not there with him at the same time. same thing applies if he took trains.

public transit, be it aircraft, buses, trains, taxis, cruise ships, etc, as well as stations and airports are all big problems when it comes to the transmission of sickness. just as any commonly used public space like a mall is. you quite simply can not insure a clean environment with so many passengers constantly using them. you could be traveling with someone who is sick, and catch it from them direct. but like with this sickness, a sick person being there before you can still cause you to be sick.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
There’s bound to be a bunch of community cases soon, people are being told (Asked) to self isolate if they get symptoms sometime in the 14 days after coming back from travelling.

Meanwhile, they’re shopping, banking, on public transport, etc

There’s no travel bans from anywhere either.....our prime minister has said that would be infringing on people’s rights.....

The barn doors are wide open......

Our news is telling us that this is nothing, no more worrisome than the flu...and then we have other news telling us this is bordering on a pandemic 😕

Yes you really have to wonder if they sneak out. They get monitored with phone calls asking of their symptoms, temperatures they’re supposed to take twice a day - not a nurse coming over to do it.They are probably nipping down the street to the community mail box. It would be a good idea to do daily sanitizing of those, nevermind just the Buses and Skytrains. “Daily” really not of much use. How many people are touching the poles after the overnight cleaning job?

There’s no stopping the spread, your only way of protecting yourself is to Hand wash and use sanitizers if you’re out. Don’t touch your face.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: spewn

More info regarding this case, she was. A care worker
Link

The woman who was identified as B.C.’s first known case of community transmission of the virus works at the care home, and two of the residents have tested positive. The care worker is a woman in her 50s, who had no recent travel history.

Henry said it’s unclear if the seniors were infected from the health care worker. All of the residents, staff, and their families will be investigated, she added.

“Cases 26 and 27 are residents of a long-term care facility, the Lynn Valley Care Centre in North Vancouver. These cases were identified as part of an outbreak assessment at the facility in response to a staff member testing positive for COVID-19. The staff member is Case 21, a woman in her 50s, who has no recent travel history.

edit on 7-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join