It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who in their right mind wants to go on a cruise?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'll be boarding a cruise ship on April 13th. 5 days, in and around the Bahamas.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The food would be the most exciting thing for me, but food is an important aspect of any vacation I take.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Cruises have always baffled me. Waste of money. Diseases. The possibility of a wreck or hitting storms. And of course, the Kraken!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: muzzleflash

You really believe that you are immune to all diseases?

BS!

It's mind over matter. You're supposed to tell your body positive expectations and it does respond. Depression and stress mentalities are shown to be statistically unhealthy and more prone to diseases.

I read a study recently that gave an inert leaf to participants and told them it was poison ivy, and handfuls of them broke out in a rash.

When they gave another group actual poison ivy but claimed it was something inert, handfuls of them didn't even get the rash.

The power of placebos is significant.

Why aren't you telling your body it can kill everything and heal itself?

It doesn't matter if your body can or can't, per se, but rather that your odds are at least 30% to 40% better at staying healthy if you just assume it can.

So I'm immune, lol. Mind over matter. You are the spoon...
edit on 3/5/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Edumakated

The food would be the most exciting thing for me, but food is an important aspect of any vacation I take.

Yeah, wife and I choose our vacations based on food quality... eating good food is a must for us. Before we had kids, we were serious foodies.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: rickymouse

Back in the day if there was a cruise leaving on Friday or Saturday, my friends and I would go down and go aboard for drinks and to look around. We would kick back and relax until departure time then go ashore. Then 9/11 happened and security put a quick end to it.

Bummer, the terrorists sure put the screws to having fun in this country. I remember when if you wanted to go somewhere, you just went to the airport, bought a ticket right there, and proceeded to get a cup of coffee and loaded onto the plane. Now you have to dump your coffee and get everything checked out, go through a metal detector and have to leave your pocket knife at home or lose it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join