It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Buttigieg Is Suspending His Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And another one bites the dust.

Washington (CNN)Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg is suspending his campaign, a campaign aide confirmed Sunday to CNN.
This story is breaking and will be updated.

www.cnn.com...

After yesterday, this was to be expected.
Aside from Gabbard, I actually thought Mayor Pete was the best of the miserable bunch of candidates the Dems have.
edit on 1-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Saw this a few minutes ago.

A respectable, commendable, and patriotic thing for him to do.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I wonder WHO he will support for Tuesday ?

🤫

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What a coward. At least he "won" a state, sort of, and has delegates. He won't stay in til Tuesday? How much did he get to open up the "moderate" lane for Biden to stop Sanders?

The Sanders supporters should be freaking furious, the DNC is obviously putting their thumb on the scale again. The Democrat party doesn't believe in just letting their voters pick the candidate.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Good riddance! Guess is going to be decided between Bernie and Bloomberg, Bloomberg better open up his big checks if he wants to convince Bernie to drop out.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He's securing a VP slot with Biden.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That makes sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Nah. I see that as unlikely.

But who knows.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I wonder how much of his "War-Chest" the DNC will let him keep, since he dropped out? Even though he was doing better than the S/T golden boy Blood-Eye Joe. He should have stayed in until they offered him a lake front house, I heard they do that now.

I wonder what they will give Bernie to drop out this time?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
Good riddance! Guess is going to be decided between Bernie and Bloomberg, Bloomberg better open up his big checks if he wants to convince Bernie to drop out.

It's just a matter of how many zeros to put on the check.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It seems to escape Sanders supporters that he is not a Democrat. So in all reality he has no support from the leadership of the party. Maybe he should not have let himself be bought off so cheap last time! The shuffling of candidates to end his run is something that should have happened before now. My opinion is its been the size of the egos running that has dragged his on for so long.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That's my take, too. I think the plan was for him to be the party's candidate, but Joe stubbornly stayed in, and they didn't anticipate a Bernie-emergency. Now Joe picked up a slew of candidates in SC and is in striking range, and Pete isn't. They have to winnow the field now to stop the Bernmeister.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No surprise here. The fact that he is commonly referred to as "Mayor Pete" is enough to tell me that he doesn't carry much respect.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
What a coward. At least he "won" a state, sort of, and has delegates. He won't stay in til Tuesday? How much did he get to open up the "moderate" lane for Biden to stop Sanders?

The Sanders supporters should be freaking furious, the DNC is obviously putting their thumb on the scale again. The Democrat party doesn't believe in just letting their voters pick the candidate.

Of course they are, they want Biden to get the nomination, a guy who Thinks hes running for Senate and that there is another Biden also running.....

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That makes sense.

I would see him with Warren or Bernie before Biden......More Bernie to clinch the other part of the vote Bernie cant seem to reach

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

No surprise here. The fact that he is commonly referred to as "Mayor Pete" is enough to tell me that he doesn't carry much respect.

Well to be fair, from all looks of it......he did a really poor job in his own Town........

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How much did they pay him to drop out? His voters will go to Biden. So basically, it's another anti-Bernie tactic, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Mayor Pete is far nicer than a lot of things that could be said with his last name. It's not the most pronounceable.
edit on 1-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Mayor Pete is far nicer than a lot of things that could be said with his last name. It's not the most pronounceable.

Buttgig?

Yeah, sounds a little weird.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Buttgig?

Yeah, sounds a little weird.

..... and given his sexual orientation ... well, if you want to be mean the jokes just write themselves. I know I always called him Mayor Pete because I didn't want to be tempted to go there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join