It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Hip-Hop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is some of my favorite music. I don't expect anyone to like it or even listen. I doubt most of you even like me because of my politics. But it's time to move beyond that. Politics is just some base level BS that's used to keep us at each others throats. There's a much bigger picture out there.

This is Capital Steez. He committed suicide at midnight on Christmas Day 2012 by jumping off the roof of his record label in NYC. Before he jumped he tweeted that he was Baphomet and that he would be returning in 2047, as the savior of mankind.

"We all programmed the same, I point no blame it's up to you to escape this cage and out the flames, meditate and escape to levels only Gods can claim.'

And then we have The Underachievers. From the same camp as Capital Steez.

And then we have Flatbush Zombies.

There's a Psychedelic Renaissance happening right now. But most people won't see it because of the generational gap.

Just give it a chance. We all want a better world.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
These people have no idea what psychedelic truly is ask someone who lived through the 60's and 70's. Purple Haze all through my brain excuse while I kiss the sky.

edit on 25-2-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

I respectfully disagree.

That other place knows no age, time, or any other human construct.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That other place depends on purity and quality.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Not at all.

It’s open to anyone, at any time. What got me into it was The Merry Pranksters. The original group from the 1960’s that invented the psychedelic “thing”. The book The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe was it.

And what’s crazy, is that about 5 years ago I ended up at the 50th Anniversary Acid Test in Eugene, Oregon. The very last one. Put on by the original Pranksters. Totally by chance. I was just driving through the PNW and I was in Bandon by The Sea, a little small town in Oregon and as I was leaving to walk out the door to drive down through California to Mexico, I saw something on the TV with Zane Kesey, Ken Keseys son, and that was it. I drove back over the mountains to Eugene and ended up staying there for a month and a half.

The Merry Pranksters philosophy was to take psychedelics in the most lurid, chaotic environment you can imagine.

Purity and quality have nothing to do with that.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I think your clips are a little more Hip-Hop than Psychedelic:

"And my soul has been psychedelicized"

edit on 25-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It’s about the lyrics and the vibe.

Listen to what they’re talking about. I understand it probably hits different from what most people think of as “psychedelic” but there’s no mistaking the influence of it.

These people have built an entire underground culture based on psychedelics. One that hasn’t existed since the 60’s. Or maybe the Terrance McKenna days of the 90’s.
edit on 25-2-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You might like Sadistik?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I see your music with a message..... and raise you music with a message AND harmony!!

edit on 25-2-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerksBad quality can produce a bad trip. I had seen alot of crap back in the day but saw a lot of fantasticly clean pure stuff too.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Bad trips are salutary.

Those are the most important ones. Because that’s what you learn the most from. A thing isn’t bad if you learn from it.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I suppose that could be true if it is self inflicted. But if it is unexpected it can be devastating. Ask a rape victims.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

We don't agree politically most of the time, but I do like your taste in hip hop.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
He was pushed off the ledge..Suicide is subtle

new topics

top topics

join