It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly related to aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Most of the alien depictions and photos not-yet-proven-wrong I've seen have upright qualities, 2 eyes and hands and fingers. These characteristics are quite similar to us humans.... Is it possible that we could be a branch off their evolution, or them a branch off ours? Or just perhaps using our genes to make a beter, stronger species? What do you guys think? I'd really like to hear input.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have nothing to support this, but it's something I believe... I suspect that the Greys are actually the human race further up the evolutionary ladder. Which might explain their interest in us.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here's my theory:

In the next millenia, oxygen levels in our atmosphere will drop due to pollution or some other reason, there might be less sunlight (maybe even when our sun has turned into a white dwarf) and the human race has somehow survived this event (moving to Mars/Titan/...). There is less oxygen, so creatures will be generally smaller. Or maybe they live on a smaller planet (a recent study discovered that dinosaurs that were living on small islands were notably smaller than their family members on large continents). The lack of sunlight will turn the skin color more grayish, paler like grays are. Evolution will make our joints smaller and more robust... add this together and which creature you get? Exactly, a gray.

Maybe they discovered a way to travel back in time and they want to use us as a DNA stock, research, anything. Hell maybe the Roswell researchers were shocked to find the letters U.S.A.F. on the hull of the wreckage

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drmuldor
Here's my theory:

In the next millenia, oxygen levels in our atmosphere will drop due to pollution or some other reason, there might be less sunlight (maybe even when our sun has turned into a white dwarf) and the human race has somehow survived this event (moving to Mars/Titan/...). There is less oxygen, so creatures will be generally smaller. Or maybe they live on a smaller planet (a recent study discovered that dinosaurs that were living on small islands were notably smaller than their family members on large continents). The lack of sunlight will turn the skin color more grayish, paler like grays are. Evolution will make our joints smaller and more robust... add this together and which creature you get? Exactly, a gray.

Maybe they discovered a way to travel back in time and they want to use us as a DNA stock, research, anything. Hell maybe the Roswell researchers were shocked to find the letters U.S.A.F. on the hull of the wreckage

The sun shouldn't turn into a White Dwarf for another 2 or 3 billion years should it? And by then...if we are still in existence I hope we would of found a way to make it to other planets and galaxies..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drmuldor
(maybe even when our sun has turned into a white dwarf)

you know thats gonna take 4 BILLION years rite?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
By the time it's been 3 billion years, at our current rate of development, we will either be extinct or no longer inhabiting this planet. We'll have a space empire if the human race does survive 3 billion years.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I totaly agree with monkeyboy, i think theyre humans just further up on the evolutionary chart.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If many alien species are humanoid like ourselves, it's more likely a result of evolutionary convergence rather than shared ancestry. I'll provide a known example...

Eyes are a very advantageous feature for a species to have. Mammals (like us) and cephalopods (like squid) both have eyes, but they didn't evolve them the same way. The ancestors of mammals slowly grew eyes as direct extensions of their brains, with more and more complex nerve endings reaching the surface of the skin and becoming photoreceptive. Cephalopod eyes, however, evolved from the skin itself and reverse connected themselves into the nervous system.

This difference in how the eyes evolved makes for some interesting differences in how they work, but the end result is the same: Eyes are good to have, so one way or another, most creatures have eyes.

Now, getting back to aliens, it is possible that a humanoid form is the simply the form best suited for an advanced species. Therefore, on many different planets, many different kinds of aliens evolved to be humanoid as part of natural evolution. They may have no shared genes, but they may look the same.

If you disagree with the above and believe there MUST be shared ancestry, consider this: Most intelligent aliens have big heads, right? Why? If you insist on the shared ancestry logic, you'd have to answer "because they have the same ancestors". But come on, doesn't it make more sense to say they have big heads because intelligent creatures need big heads to hold big brains?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Drmuldor, did you read Nighteyes, too?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The reason they're so human like is because the people who made up the original stories about them (and even fiction, b-movies in the 50's e.t.c.) weren't imaginitive enough and too arrogant to realise that they'll look like something we've never seen before, "alien" looking in its complete meaning.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A squirrel generally stands upright, has two eyes, a nose, mouth, fingers, toes....is it related to us?
Take out the "upright" qualifier, and you've described many different animals. Obviously, nature seems to favor these characteristics for some reason....

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Or maybe it only favors them on our planet.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don' think they are an evolved version of us. Look at the developement of humans thus far. Each time a human has advanced along the evolutionary chart, the less advanced human dies off, and the more advance human goes on till he/she evolves again. If aliens are a result of that, then we humans would have died off already.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good point mpeake, but maybe we did die off? Or at least the ones they evolved from may of. Maybe there are multiple planets with humans and we are just one that hasn't died off yet?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
that's possible...using string theory, multiverse type thinking, then anything is possible. But if we are isolating this to our planet and our race of humans, I'd have to say no, the aliens that may or may not be visiting us are not related to us via evolutionary advancements.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It could be that this is just a useful design in nature, two eyes for perception, one mouth to ingest nutrients, one nose to breath through as an alternative breathing source, two legs for walking, two arms with fingers and oposable thumb for tool making one reproductive organ (no need for multiples) stands on legs to make use of the arm/hands.

If we look at it this way, it makes sense thataliens will resemble ux, of course not all will resemble us, enviroments, and base elements effect the evolution of a species as well.

new topics

top topics

join