It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Mellon: DoD Not Investigating UFO/UAPs Is An Intelligence Failure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: The GUT

You mean this sorta thing GUT?

Lots of companies make Cube shaped LE orbit satellites these days.

But hey maybe America and allies should feel threatened given the amount of collective money we spend on our military budgets?

How much is enough?

Since when did any satellite orbit the earth within the earth's atmosphere? oh and jump from 50,000 feet to 100 feet in just a few seconds. Satellite....lmao being tracked by a jet...lmao

Chad Underwood broke 15 years of silence on the subject, describing the object he recorded over the Pacific Ocean as “not behaving within the normal laws of physics”.

He said: “It was going from like 50,000 feet to 100 feet in like seconds, which is not possible.”

source

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
That story doesn't make any sense.
He said he made a video of an object he didn't see with his eyes, but it was behaving anomalously on his display.
So, if you watch this video, you would expect to see some anomalous behavior, but the video shows no anomalous behavior.
It doesn't add up.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: schuyler

Nothing new…
The first CIA director, Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter, was on the UFO org NICAP's board of governors from about 1957 until 1962.

Now, this honcho is an adviser to TTSA. Same methodology just different times. Old habits die hard

You're right to note the parallels, of course. But I think there are some differences here worth noting.

1. NICAP never did have much to work with. Lights in the sky was about it. No one knew much about "crashed saucers." The MSM, still in a nascent stage, tended to ridicule the very idea. NICAP "competed" for attention with the likes of George Adamski and Truman Bethurum. Compared to today I think it is fair to say they were living in naive times.

2. Today we have astounding media coverage, especially over the last couple of years. The tone of ridicule is gone. The New York Times, Popular Mechanics, American legion, and a host of other publications, including network TV, have posted serious articles, all readily available on the Internet.

3. Witnesses have come forward with ample corroboration. Half a dozen pilots have come forward accompanied by radar, film, and additional personal on deck to say and prove what they saw. This is unprecedented. In times past we know people in this situation have been stifled by NDAs and threats. Now we have 'gun camera' footage on the Internet. And they are all getting air time.

4. We have a mountain of documentation. The Wilson Document is incredible. Here we have insight into how the government keeps the secrets. One interesting aspect of the Wilson Document is that the contractors are not denying anything. They SAID "We have a craft." They refused Wilson to be read into the program, but they did not deny it exists and they have admitted what the project is about.

The pieces of the jig saw puzzle are beginning to fit together. We have craft, more than one. Some of them are intact. We did not shoot them down. They did not crash. We FOUND them. There is an 'interdimensional' aspect to the phenomenon that scares the hell out of people who have an idea of what this is about. Effectively, Bob Lazar is correct.

Basically, the ship has sailed. The "toothpaste is out of the tube." There a large number of people who continue to attempt to debunk these stories and pretend nothing of note is happening. If you happen to be in that frame of mind my contention is that you have not studied the issue in sufficient depth. You cannot be taken seriously. You are not worth wasting time on or paying attention to. It's over. It;s just that the doubters don't know it yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I agree with you. And I am a believer in the actuality that some UFOs are legit and unknown, and we have many new events indicating something is going on.

My take is that what does he expect them to do what they haven’t already done?

He warns about a 911 or Pearl Harbor.

That in itself is very strange. What is he saying--the aliens are going to go on the attack?

What does he base that on?

An X-files episode he saw...or some real evidence.

edit on 21-2-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

After your post I went back to re-read Mellon's article in case I missed something of import. The vast majority of it is a re-hash of what we already know (though "we" are not his target audience.) It's only the last couple of paragraphs where he admonishes the government to "do something." I do not think he is telegraphing anything he knows is about to happen. He is just reminding is that we have experienced vast intelligence failures in the past and uses 9/11 and Pearl Harbor as obvious examples, taking those at face value and leaving aside the conspiracy elements for the moment.

If someone else had written this article I would probably suggest that he is missing the mark because he is assuming "we" are doing nothing. I do not think that is the case. Indeed, the evidence would suggest the amount of effort put into figuring out the issue is on the level of the Manhattan Project. It's very big, very intense, and very, very secret. It's also been poking out at the seams as the Nimitz Encounters and the Wilson Document show.

But Mellon is no dummy. He has been well-placed in the intelligence community in the past. He's politically connected from an iconic family and in a better position than most to feel the pulse of what is happening beneath the surface. In short, he's a guy I think we ought to pay attention to. We also know that there are various elements within the Pentagon that are resisting Disclosure. Some of it is, IMO, downright stupid, including those who believe this is all Demonic. But Mellon is, I think, trying to break the dam open and get beyond the factions and into common knowledge. This he is applying pressure from the outside trying to get some traction to open this thing up.

My guess, anyway.
edit on 2/21/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I personally don’t believe 911 was an intel failure. I think it was, sinisterly, an intel success!
Maybe PH, yeah.

Anyway, I’m trying to understand him. He did equate UFO research with 911 and PH. That in itself is strange and needs explaining.

...Cause IF some otherworldly powers who can run rings around human technological abilities are roaring to go at us, then, we are in serious trouble...So he needs to fess up if he knows something we don’t know.

Or the equating 911 and PH with this is hyperbolic nonsense.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Anyway, I’m trying to understand him. He did equate UFO research with 911 and PH. That in itself is strange and needs explaining.

...Cause IF some otherworldly powers who can run rings around human technological abilities are roaring to go at us, then, we are in serious trouble...So he needs to fess up if he knows something we don’t know.

Actually, he doesn't need to say anything. We may want him to, but that does not compel him to comply. Besides, the evidence would suggest these otherworldly powers are NOT roaring to go at us. Otherwise, they would have already.

Or the equating 911 and PH with this is hyperbolic nonsense.

Not at all. He is simply saying we have had catastrophic intelligence failures in the past, so let's not have another one. I see that as a matter-of-fact statement, not hyperbole.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

After your post I went back to re-read Mellon's article in case I missed something of import. The vast majority of it is a re-hash of what we already know (though "we" are not his target audience.) It's only the last couple of paragraphs where he admonishes the government to "do something." I do not think he is telegraphing anything he knows is about to happen. He is just reminding is that we have experienced vast intelligence failures in the past and uses 9/11 and Pearl Harbor as obvious examples, taking those at face value and leaving aside the conspiracy elements for the moment.

If someone else had written this article I would probably suggest that he is missing the mark because he is assuming "we" are doing nothing. I do not think that is the case. Indeed, the evidence would suggest the amount of effort put into figuring out the issue is on the level of the Manhattan Project. It's very big, very intense, and very, very secret. It's also been poking out at the seams as the Nimitz Encounters and the Wilson Document show.

But Mellon is no dummy. He has been well-placed in the intelligence community in the past. He's politically connected from an iconic family and in a better position than most to feel the pulse of what is happening beneath the surface. In short, he's a guy I think we ought to pay attention to. We also know that there are various elements within the Pentagon that are resisting Disclosure. Some of it is, IMO, downright stupid, including those who believe this is all Demonic. But Mellon is, I think, trying to break the dam open and get beyond the factions and into common knowledge. This he is applying pressure from the outside trying to get some traction to open this thing up.

My guess, anyway.

Well said...but the Wilson documents are garbage.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

Ah, you're an expert, then! How elucidating. Thanks for the contribution!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: celltypespecific

Ah, you're an expert, then! How elucidating. Thanks for the contribution!

The pleasure is mine

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Why though? If you take the evidence outlined by Schuyler (above) at face value, there appears to be a coordinated recognizance of our arsenal over many decades -- including our strategic nuclear forces. They appear to be testing the limits of our radar, communications, c&c, and aircraft. If our abductees are right they have been studying our biology and psychology as well.

To what end? History tells us such recon efforts are usually preludes to attack.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Besides, the evidence would suggest these otherworldly powers are NOT roaring to go at us. Otherwise, they would have already.

This is the part I respectfully disagree with. If the interdimensional hypothesis holds true, there is no telling how long they have been at this. From our perspective, they have penetrated our airspace for 80+ years. Who knows what that interval of time means to them (it?).

I've taken some heat before for rejecting the extraterrestrial hypothesis but I can't rule out aliens from our own solar system, or aliens from another galaxy (or the far end of this one) who simply don't use the fabric of spacetime in the way we understand is possible under known physics. But what if its even stranger than that? If they are interdimensional or can somehow travel between dimensions, all bets are off. They may use a technology that allows them to experience a million years in a day. They might have just arrived a few moments ago from their perspective but from ours, the contact has been intermittent for thousands of years. There simply isn't enough evidence one way or another.

If the pattern of evidence you outlined above holds true, their behavior looks like a prelude to invasion/attack. Mellon is right to raise the alarm.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

To what end? History tells us such recon efforts are usually preludes to attack.

They're not moving very fast. They do seem interested in our nukes, and I can see why, but so far they have been very benign about it. They've been sniffing around our nukes for over 70 years now. I have kind of a sub-plot theory about that, and that is that when nukes go off they rattle the next dimension as well as our own. If these guys are IDH that would explain why we started seeing them in 1947 or so. As Stan Friedman used to say, "They saw that the kids found the matches and they're checking it out." I'm not trying to push that idea too hard; it's just an idea. Besides, there are precursors in history to these things so they may have been around for hundreds or thousands of years. That they have done nothing really significant tells me they aren't going to attack any time soon. I'm much more worried about some religious zealots starting a war than I am about any aliens.

Edit: Looks like we were posting at the same time on the same issue!
edit on 2/21/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Fair enough on the same-timey-wimey postings!

In the following video, physicist Isaac Arthur discusses theoretical methods by which we *might* postpone the heat-death of the universe using known physics. His videos are long but I promise you -- they are probably the most interesting and thought-provoking content on YouTube and well worth a watch.

Time is super relative. God only knows what a species capable of interdimensional "travel" might be up to over any random human interval of "time."
edit on 21-2-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Why though? If you take the evidence outlined by Schuyler (above) at face value, there appears to be a coordinated recognizance of our arsenal over many decades -- including our strategic nuclear forces. They appear to be testing the limits of our radar, communications, c&c, and aircraft. If our abductees are right they have been studying our biology and psychology as well.

Maybe.

Again, we all know this. And at the time of these events, they tried to determine what's up but failed( according to the information we get) to be able to find out what, who, and why.

The premise that the government should investigate is generally accepted. And they have had investigations.

The issue to me is complete disclosure, at this point.

For all we know, the government may have found something out and is not telling us.

So, it seems to me, Mellon is bringing up a straw man argument.

Since, according to Elizondo, they still have ATTIP.

And in the past, they have investigated UFOs...many times.

So what’s his gripe boil down to? That they should spend more money on it?

Fine, go ahead.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just a thought but..
One target audience of Mellons mentioning of Pearl Harbour failure, perhaps could be the Trump administration?
Do we have any information about if Trump cut funding to different "UFO" researching projects?

Imagine if you are working in UFO research etc your whole life, your kids etc think you are cool like hell.
Then one day, a new president cuts all funding making you loose your face in front of your family and friends.
Probably one psychological response to that would be to create different things to keep the subject relevant.

Doesnt explain Frevor, and other things etc.. but just a thought

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I agree with you. And I am a believer in the actuality that some UFOs are legit and unknown, and we have many new events indicating something is going on.

My take is that what does he expect them to do what they haven’t already done?

He warns about a 911 or Pearl Harbor.

That in itself is very strange. What is he saying--the aliens are going to go on the attack?

What does he base that on?

An X-files episode he saw...or some real evidence.

Will, pass this on, since it is what people have been trying so hard to understand.

If you read Mellon’s words, the answer to many questions is obvious. Pay attention.

Bigelow got the government contract to run the UFO study, right? Many of the boys affiliated with TTSA were a part of Bigelow’s team. Correct?

Then TTSA pops up...doing what? Mellon’s article is LITERALLY LOBBYING. Why do corporate contractors lobby government and congress?

The funding produces the bid, TTSA is the only bidder. 44 million this time. Same junk science. Boom.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You are so wrong about the Wilson document it’s almost inconceivable. Wilson stated, supposedly, that he had received the list of every single scientist and staff on the special access project as proof that he wasn’t on it. He was shown the list of every scientist on the special access project by the people who were assigned to protect the special access project. That would of course be treason. It never happened.

You cannot protect a special access project by giving the names of every scientist working on that secret technology to a foreign government or anyone who doesn’t have a need to know..no exceptions. Sorry. UFO foolery. You have a need to believe i have seen, but it doesnt prove anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: shawmanfromny

My guess is (obvious to me) that the government does in fact investigate these incidents. They just dont tell us they are concerned enough to investigate because they know their concerns would raise concerns in the public realm, thus striking fear and confusion amongst the population.

Yet Commander Fravor specifically mentioned there was ZERO investigation regarding his encounter. The other pilot who actually recorded the video made the same statement.

Then Graves and Acoin who are 2 active duty F18 fighter pilots both went on public record stating the US Navy did ZERO investigation even after they filed a flight safety report when the "cube" UAP flew between their fighter formation. Graves and Acoin also said this phenomena occurred continually over a 4 month period and even appeared to follow them to multiple deployments into active combat operations in the Middle East and yet still no investigation occurred.

Graves also stated he was aware of at least another 70 or more F18 pilots who had also encountered the phenomena and none of them were contacted by the US Navy for any official investigation either.

So either Fravor, Graves, and Acoin are all liars or the US Navy has done ZERO investigations regarding this phenomena. For it stands to reason if you are going to do any type of an investigation the first thing you begin with is the eyewitness. Take their statements and then begin your research into the event. Yet, none of this occurred.

Perhaps the real reason there was no investigation is simply because the US Navy has no idea how to investigate something they cannot understand. Let's do a thought experiment for a moment. Let's say Fravor, Graves, and Acoin actually witnessed a legitimate UAP on multiple occasions. As an investigator the only thing you have to do on regarding evidence is the eyewitness testimony, any available audio between the pilots, any available radar recordings, and any available video of the event. And that's it.

What exactly is this going to tell an investigator whose sole objective is to give a report back to the higher command that answers the question, "What was it?"

The eyewitness testimony states the pilots observed an aerial phenomena defying physics and exhibiting flight characteristics never before seen in any current aviation equipment. The radar shows objects descending from heights greater than 80,000 feet to 50 feet in less than 1 second. The video shows an object that (again) defies classical physics and shows flight characteristics not capable with current modern day fighters. The audio recordings between the pilots confirm the pilot's being baffled by what they are witnessing.

With this "evidence" how do you go back and report something of this nature to the higher command? The only possible answer you could give is, "We do not know". And that's it.

So they don't investigate because they have done these investigations in the past where there were legitimate UAP events and the conclusions have always been, "We do not know". So why investigate something you already know is unexplainable?

The general public has now had more official "UFO disclosure" since 2017 than at any point in history and literally no one (outside of the UFO community) could care less so I disagree with your assessment that the public would be concerned. They just simply aren't.

They all went back to watching the Kardashians. The "general public" is controlled by pop culture. The only people who care about this are those who follow the UFO phenomena and we aren't that big of a percentage of the population.

And for the record I will never in a million years believe the UAPs are top secret craft we decided to arbitrarily test on our own military. That's the most ludicrous idea yet.

It's totally ok to admit we have no idea what they are or where they come from because that is actually a very true statement whether anyone here wants to acknowledge it or not.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: shawmanfromny

My guess is (obvious to me) that the government does in fact investigate these incidents. They just dont tell us they are concerned enough to investigate because they know their concerns would raise concerns in the public realm, thus striking fear and confusion amongst the population.

I agree with most of what you say however regarding this...

Yet Commander Fravor specifically mentioned there was ZERO investigation regarding his encounter. The other pilot who actually recorded the video made the same statement.

I found this....

The news of its existence marks one of the most significant disclosures about government research into flying objects — and the so-far-unproven possibility of extraterrestrial aircraft — since Project Blue Book, a lengthy Air Force study of thousands of UFOs that was shut down in 1969. Project Blue Book failed to find “any technological developments or principles beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge,” and no evidence of any “extraterrestrial vehicles,” according to the Air Force, though a small portion of the events it studied remain unexplained.

The encounter Fravor described was analyzed by the recent Defense Department program, he said, but its most significant questions — the nature of the object and what it was doing — have also remained unanswered.

S OURCE

edit on 2/27/2020 by Alien Abduct because: Fixed quote

edit on 2/27/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join