It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Mellon: DoD Not Investigating UFO/UAPs Is An Intelligence Failure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
TTSA advisor and former United States Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Christopher Mellon, wrote an article for The American Legion entitled, "A Threat Unmet."

This article was posted on Tuesday and it discusses the lack of effort by the DoD, including "the FBI, the National Security Agency, the CIA, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Department of Homeland Security, the armed forces and others," in collecting and examining data on UFO/UAP activity.

Mellon strongly feels that these "radical aerospace vehicles" are violating U.S. airspace and are putting military personnel at risk from midair collisions. In addition, he feels that these unknown craft pose a national security risk. Mellon fears that an "intelligence failure" could result in a tragic event similar to "Pearl Harbor and 9/11."

Here are a few excerpts from this article:

At close range, these bizarre craft appear to be black cubes, the corners of which are touching the inside of transparent spheres a mere six feet in diameter. There are no discernable air inlets, exhaust, wings, or means of lift or propulsion, yet they have been tracked at supersonic speeds and seem able to remain aloft indefinitely. They could hardly be more strange and alien in appearance or behavior. Yet an obdurate DoD bureaucracy is making almost no effort to determine the origin of these craft or their means of propulsion.

No major investigations have been launched. There is no indication the DoD or intelligence community leadership is engaged. And there is still no process for collecting and integrating pertinent information about UFO/UAPs from the myriad agencies and departments that possess it (NASA, the National Reconnaissance Office, the FBI, the National Security Agency, the CIA, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Department of Homeland Security, the armed forces and others).

If nothing else, the U.S. government could at least examine the data already collected by our highly capable spy systems during periods of significant UFO/UAP activity. For example, since we know multiple UAPs were operating in close proximity to the Nimitz Strike Group during the week of Nov. 14, 2004, analysts could review archived data collected by the Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS), the global infrasound network of the International Monitoring System and various space-based electronic sensors.

As unlikely as it may seem, there is no denying the possibility that some UFO/UAPs encountered by our military are probes launched by distant civilizations.

...there is still no sign that our massive DoD and intelligence bureaucracies, or our Congress, are seeking answers to the UFO/UAP mystery on behalf of military personnel who are potentially at risk from midair collisions if nothing else (one near miss by a Navy fighter has already been reported).

Pearl Harbor and 9/11 are tragic examples of intelligence failures that could have been avoided. Our continuing inability to identify the radical aerospace vehicles violating our airspace is an ongoing intelligence failure, one that arguably requires written notification to the House and Senate intelligence committees pursuant to Section 502 of the National Security Act of 1947.

While Congress has not received a formal notification regarding this failure, and perhaps never will, it is certainly aware that DoD is unable to identify these aircraft or prevent them from violating U.S. airspace. The question now is whether our leaders will remain passive out of concern for outdated stigmas or act on behalf of our servicemembers and our nation.

LINK to article.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nothing more MSM than the American Legion. That ought to leave a dent. Popcorn!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So this black cube inside a bubble basically...have other TTSA folk talked about this particular description? Mellon doesn't appear to be talking tic-tac here. How often have these been seen? What sightings is he referring to? I've heard the description before but it doesn't seem common.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sounds like more government disinfo.

UAP’s are a threat. Que Wernher Von Braun’s fake alien invasion.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You mean this sorta thing GUT?

Lots of companies make Cube shaped LE orbit satellites these days.

But hey maybe America and allies should feel threatened given the amount of collective money we spend on our military budgets?

How much is enough?

edit on 20/2/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

there is still no sign that our massive DoD and intelligence bureaucracies, or our Congress, are seeking answers

You're not going to get any " answers " until one of these " craft " is actually caught and examined.

And that ain't going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I found three other articles that mentioned these "black cubes/transparent spheres."

In late 2014, a pilot of a Super Hornet reported a near-collision with a UFO when an object that looked like a “sphere encasing a cube” zipped between two fighter jets flying roughly 100 feet from each other.

nymag.com...

Graves describes the UAPs he and the other pilots saw as similar to a “sphere encased in a cube.” Graves explains that UAPs would appear at “30,000 feet, 20,000 feet, even sea level” then depart at up to hypersonic speeds. The objects also would fly up to 12 hours at a time, far longer than conventional high-performance aircraft could do unrefueled.

blog.usni.org...

Lieutenant Ryan Graves, another Super Hornet pilot, told the Times that the objects he saw in 2014 and and 2015 looked like a “sphere encasing a cube.” These sightings could be of two separate objects or a single object viewed from different perspectives.

www.popularmechanics.com...

edit on 2/20/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

My guess is (obvious to me) that the government does in fact investigate these incidents. They just dont tell us they are concerned enough to investigate because they know their concerns would raise concerns in the public realm, thus striking fear and confusion amongst the population.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the crayon box but I can see well enough to read the writing on the wall.

Maybe the aliens are in some way making any organization that has the capability of any meaningful or impactful investigation indifferent. I do realize how ridiculous (alien) this sounds.

If the aliens are attempting some sort of infiltration in which they wish to be left alone then we will by and large be made to be unaware, however their means and however you might imagine their means.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

there is still no sign that our massive DoD and intelligence bureaucracies, or our Congress, are seeking answers

You're not going to get any " answers " until one of these " craft " is actually caught and examined.And that ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Already happened. Reference the Wilson document.

originally posted by: The GUT
So this black cube inside a bubble basically...have other TTSA folk talked about this particular description? Mellon doesn't appear to be talking tic-tac here. How often have these been seen? What sightings is he referring to? I've heard the description before but it doesn't seem common.

Sounds like the Gimbal description reported by the USS Roosevelt in the Atlantic. They used the same terminology: Cube inisde a sphere.
edit on 2/20/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I think it's makes sense that these are locally grown. Likely really good optics and data storage, so you can see things.

It's the propulsion system that boggles the mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

My guess is (obvious to me) that the government does in fact investigate these incidents.

It would be pretty irregular and a threat to national security if they were NOT investigating unexplained aerial phenomena entering a country's airspace. Isn't that pretty much a given, irrespective of what sexy acronym is assigned to a aerial sighting? Whether drones, balloons, seagulls, 'Tic Tacs' or flying Snickers bars... they ALL have to be accounted for when reported by personnel. Well, at least I #ing hope so.

Whether they are ALIENZZZZZZzzzzz is a different matter altogether.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

What's happened ?

The answers or a craft being examined?

If it's the " answers " why is this Mellon chap asking for them ?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
But hey maybe America and allies should feel threatened given the amount of collective money we spend on our military budgets?

How much is enough?
Well, I don't know how much these extraterrestrial motherships cost, but look at how big they are compared to a car, they have to be expensive, right?

Yukon, Canada, 1996

We don't even know what the budgets are for the extraterrestrial civilizations who build these UFOs.

Some people don't think UFOs are a serious threat just because we've never captured one, but as Stanton Friedman says, this is not the type of thing you can explain away as a misidentified 747 or something, not with so many independent eyewitnesses, maybe about 30 of them from what I read:

the celebrated "Flying Saucer Physicist" Stanton Friedman says of this case:

"The Yukon case IS emblematic of what a good case should be. I mean, sure, we'd like to have a piece of the craft, we'd like to have the crewmember introduced for dinner. BUT multiple independent witnesses lasting a long time, describing something that's WAY outside the norm, -- there's no way you can make it into a 747, for example [chuckle]. And big, but this was much much bigger than a 747."

OK admittedly some sightings which are initially UFOs are later identified, but as General Sanford said in 1952, even after identifying all the UFOs they could, there remained some sightings of relatively incredible things made by credible observers that they couldn't explain:

Maj. Gen. John A. Samford's Statement on "Flying Saucers", Pentagon, Washington, DC, 07/31/1952

So we've got all these UFO or flying saucer threats that Sanford said were never identified in that 1952 statement, and here we are in 2020 and people have been seeing more of them ever since. Yes what Sanford also said is

"We have as of date come to only one firm conclusion with respect to this remaining percentage:

and that is that it does not contain any pattern of purpose or of consistency that we can relate to any conceivable threat to the Unites States.
"

Considering UFOs or flying Saucers or UAPs or Tic-Tacs have not attacked the United States in the 68 years since then, it seems to me that Sanford was not wrong about that. So are UFO's the threat? Or is the real threat what Eisenhower warned us about in this video with excerpts of his 1961 farewell speech, warning us about the real threat of the military-industrial complex, that Chris Mellon apparently would like to make a bigger threat:

Eisenhower's "Military-Industrial Complex" Speech

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

What's happened ?

The answers or a craft being examined?

If it's the " answers " why is this Mellon chap asking for them ?

Because he wants it to be public knowledge. The "Wilson Document," for those who don't know, is an accounting of an interview conducted by Dr. Eric Davis with Admiral Tom Wilson, then Deputy Director of Intelligence for the Joint Chiefs (now retired.) Wilson discusses his attempts to gain access to a secret project that he felt he ought to have been in charge of with a private contractor (a big aerospace company.) That's how the government keeps deep black projects secret, by effectively assigning them to a private company that is not susceptible to FOIA. He was refused access, but he did learn that "we" have an intact craft. We have yet to learn how it works. It's intact, i.e.: Not broken, not shot down, not damaged. The company is allegedly "having trouble" making any progress.

Christopher is not some ordinary "chap."

Christopher Karl Mellon (born October 2, 1957),[1] is the former United States Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (the third highest intelligence position at the The Pentagon) and later for Security and Information Operations. He formerly served as the Staff Director of the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

Christopher Mellon was born to the Mellon family, the son of Karl N. Mellon, the great-grandson of Gulf Oil co-founder William Larimer Mellon.
Source

Google "Wilson Document" fr more information.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I keep wondering when I listen to this guy what does he want them to do?

Ride upon them and say, “Pull over
you’re driving in our airspace."

Number one, many governments across the world have tried to approach these things and have failed to be able to get near them.

Number two, what is he talking about? According to his buddy, Zondo, they have a program studying these things

What’s with this guy?

edit on 20-2-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Christopher Karl Mellon (born October 2, 1957),[1] is the former United States Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (the third highest intelligence position at the The Pentagon) and later for Security and Information Operations. He formerly served as the Staff Director of the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

Nothing new…
The first CIA director, Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter, was on the UFO org NICAP's board of governors from about 1957 until 1962.

Now, this honcho is an adviser to TTSA. Same methodology just different times. Old habits die hard

en.wikipedia.org...

The National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena was formed in 1956, with the organization's corporate charter being approved October 24.[15] Hillenkoetter was on NICAP's board of governors from about 1957 until 1962.[16] Donald E. Keyhoe, NICAP director and Hillenkoetter's Naval Academy classmate, wrote that Hillenkoetter wanted public disclosure of UFO evidence.[17] Perhaps Hillenkoetter's best-known statement on the subject was in 1960 in a letter to Congress, as reported in The New York Times: "Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense."[18]

It looks like we have the same divisions in the military that they’ve always had.

This is all so very familiar

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think it's makes sense that these are locally grown. Likely really good optics and data storage, so you can see things.

Right the propulsion....apparently you are new to the game. Because the game has been played since the 40's? Remember ...propulsion...1940's

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

David Fravour talked about other pilots he spoke to reporting near miss collisions with them

He said they were balls inside a translucent square, like it was a force field or something

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

My guess is (obvious to me) that the government does in fact investigate these incidents. They just dont tell us they are concerned enough to investigate because they know their concerns would raise concerns in the public realm, thus striking fear and confusion amongst the population.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the crayon box but I can see well enough to read the writing on the wall.

Maybe the aliens are in some way making any organization that has the capability of any meaningful or impactful investigation indifferent. I do realize how ridiculous (alien) this sounds.

If the aliens are attempting some sort of infiltration in which they wish to be left alone then we will by and large be made to be unaware, however their means and however you might imagine their means.

I think that’s pretty obvious to most at this point

We were told it would be the complete breakdown of society should the public be told nearly 70/80 years ago

I don’t think it will...

I think the reason is slightly more concerning

I think the reason maybe because these UFOs, whatever they are operating them haven’t made contact

And I think it’s because there is no official earth government yet

It’s almost like they’re watching, observing, studying, mapping in the meantime while Earth gets its s##t together

Maybe they're waiting for a one world government to emerge, before deciding we’re advanced enough to be made contact with, maybe they look at earth like a failed state, a disorganised bunch of animals

And maybe just maybe, world governments are actually working behind the scenes together to combat this threat, maybe the world’s governments are in panic mode and have no idea why they’re visitors haven’t made official contact with either one of them individually

Maybe they’re worried that if they talk and communicate openly about this potential threat from a potential visiting civilisation, that visiting civilisation, which it possibly tens of thousands of years more advanced would see it as a threat and become aggressive, perhaps that’s what it is, if governments come out and admit there is something going on, the worlds populations would require governments do something about this threat making the situation for both us and them potentially dangerous

It does appear to be managed in such a way

But then the question would be, why were they abducting if they were indeed peaceful?

If you had two allies proclaiming to be friendly

You wouldn’t expect you ally to be abducting your citizens and performing tests on them, finding out they’re biology, potential weaknesses

And if they or whatever it is has been visiting for such a king time. To what extent have they meddled in our path

A million questions will raise

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It actually doesnt make sense that they would be home grown. You gotta remember we have been sighting these things since at least the early 1940's.

We didnt have antigravity, anti-inertia craft that could fly at 10,000 plus MPH that could literally turn on a dime at that speed that has no wings, no fins and no visible signs of propulsion whatsoever....even before we invented the microchip!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join