It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another step in the right direction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hello Above Top Secret,
I've been visiting this site and many of its forums since the early days but I have never been one to participate in conversations, I have always been content in viewing the ideas and opinions of others, I enjoy learning why others see things the way they do, and usually I believe that doesn't require my interaction in a forum based setting. I also have for a long time struggled with my own anxiety, and this has inhibited my ability to interact either online or in real life, but due to recent events in my personal life I think it is best to get involved in my favourite forum to perhaps develop new habits and a new social circle.
I'm currently studying a Bachelor of Psychology at the University of Western Australia, and in my spare time I enjoy reading about philosophical concepts. I am not a sceptic, but denying ignorance is something I incorporate into every part of my life, as I believe critical thinking to be an important way of life. In saying that I do enjoy reading about people's experiences in the paranormal, whether it be extraterrestrial or otherwise.

Every time I have thought to create an account over the past few years I have been discouraged as I have not been happy with how ATS has developed into an overwhelming political mudpit, but I've realised that the ATS I have always loved still lives under the blanket of political opinions, it might not be at the power it once was, but I wouldn't still come here if I didn't think it were possible to find a new rabbit hole, or to reopen an old one.

With that I shall end my introduction, I look forward to meeting many of you, and developing my own personality as I grow, you may call me by my display name or by my name.
Thankyou for having me, thankyou for being here for me for all these years.
Sincerely, Andrew.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSw0n

Hi CSO.
Welcome to ATS !
Enjoyed your OP, and will be seeing you around the boards.

#NicePeopleRock

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin
Thankyou muchly!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

#NothinRocks

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It's nice to meet you, Andew! Glad you were inspired to chime in.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Welcome. Let's philosophize!
I can relate to the anxiety thing.
I often have to make a supreme effort to just relax. A few slow, deep breaths is the best sedative.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It’s only the mudpit if you participate in the mudpit.

Welcome to the circus

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
good afternoon and welcome to you.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Welcome aboard.
Just make sure you have a good pair of tin-foiled covered wellies and you shouldn't be bothered by the mud-pit and the cesspool that bubbles away over there!
What sort of subjects brings you to the ATS fun-house?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You sound a reasonable sort Andrew, so welcome. In your philosophizing, I would offer this tid-bit of wisdom from Iris DeMint as it helps me at least keep a balance while navigating the maelstrom of human philosophical constructs that can buffet us from our even keels.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So nice to meet you Andrew! It is a lot of fun being able to participate instead of just lurking. I welcome you to ATS and wish you a lovely day.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
I find it comical that I read this as I am traveling to university having a coffee whilst having a mild anxiety attack.
I agree that controlled breathing has a magnificent ability to ground oneself, it can just be hard to remember to breathe at times, which is counterproductive.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Originally I was drawn in by general conspiracies, I loved watching people slowly piece together information as if it were a puzzle, sometimes discovering something before others but never having the confidence to chime in. Then I would be so proud if that information was used later on, I'd feel like I was included, even though I didn't participate.

A memorable thread that had me on the edge of my seat constantly was the Forgotten Languages/Language of The Vanpire thread , which took so many wild turns I had to read over everything so many times.
I still think about what I learned from that thread, and take that knowledge into my day to day life, that was one of the 're-spark' moments in my ATS history.

Thankyou for your welcome!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
That was the perfect melody to detach me from everything happening around me, I truly felt like I was just living in the song.
I couldn't agree more, let the mystery be.

Thankyou for your input, I'll add that to my playlist for sure!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thankyou so much!
I wish you an even lovelier day, may the positivity of the day make itself known to you.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Nice to have you with us, Andrew. Welcome.

You seem reasonable. I can relate to the anxiety thing... Breathing techniques can be helpful, as has already been mentioned.

I am wishing you success in your studies and fun / interesting times here, ATS!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Welcome!

philosophical concepts

Ah!

“Death, therefore, the most awful of evils, is nothing to us, seeing that, when we are, death is not come, and, when death is come, we are not.”

The Epicurian

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thank you for the thank you kind sir.

I look forward to catching your posts/comments in future threads.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hello there. Quick question. I am ignorant of other forums similar to this one. Care to enlighten me?

top topics

join