It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

No doubt. Not enough hospitals and staff and meds to go around. Surely it will increase if and when it spreads to much larger numbers of population.

Until then, these are the official rates.

I can't go off any unofficial rates... No numbers.

And I absolutely agree. If the numbers start going up through the roof then the death per cases ratio will explode due to people in critical condition not being able to get the care they need and require.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
SHAZZZAAM!!!

I'm BACK!! I've had one of our most esteemed Avatar creators (OM) outfit me with a level 4 bio-hazard suit! And he was kind enough to even outfit my bird friend with one also!

---Notice??

So now, what were we talking about???
edit on 2/15/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
SHAZZZAAM!!!

I'm BACK!! I've had one of our most esteemed Avatar creators (OM) outfit me with a level 4 bio-hazard suit! And he was kind enough to even outfit my bird friend with one also!

---Notice??

So now, what were we talking about???

That is so cool! Don't think it would suit my angel though.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
a reply to: Power_Semi

No doubt. Not enough hospitals and staff and meds to go around. Surely it will increase if and when it spreads to much larger numbers of population.

Until then, these are the official rates.

I can't go off any unofficial rates... No numbers.

And I absolutely agree. If the numbers start going up through the roof then the death per cases ratio will explode due to people in critical condition not being able to get the care they need and require.

And that starting point is from the "official" numbers via China - which is almost universally recognised as being so understated to be laughable.

This is so much worse than people think, I can't believe people are still trying to play it down (like the death in France) as "oh well she was Chinese and 80, so it's only getting old people with "underlying issues" and of Oriental descent".

Ludicrously blasé.

(post by Littledeer1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
There's a lot of info going around, and a lot of people looking to clutch at any straw that allows them to put themselves in the clear. Unfortunately, this idea that the virus targets people of Asian heritage more than other races is one of them. My understanding is that it came from a very small study with only 8 participants, and a similar study with over 200 participants showed that smoking was the linking factor that affected a persons' ACE2 levels and therefore susceptibility to the virus, and not race or gender. As a smoker who just recently quit, I can tell you that every cold I've had while I've smoked has been harder, has gone to my lungs faster and leaves me with a cough for weeks after the cold symptoms are gone. I have no problem believing that being a smoker is the danger factor, rather than any particular genetic targeting. Occam's razor applies.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

It seems a stretch to say that the virus is directly doing it, but something about severe infection may cause damage in those organs. Sort of like a severe mumps infection can cause sterility, not because the mumps does it through infection, but as a side effect of a severe course of the disease.

It would have to be a common expression/attachment site in the cells in those areas that would allow the virus to attach and do damage there. Otherwise, those are entirely different types of cells.

Yeah, I only had a brief look at the paper and it sounded like more of an intention to research rather than a conclusive study. Basically I think they are saying there are ACE2 receptors in kidneys and testis so it's a possibility. How often this might happen and how much damage could be caused would be my question. Any infection will cause some damage, even just by increasing your temperature, but surely all of it naturally reversible in the vast majority of cases.

Thought I should mention it though considering someone else had raised the idea earlier.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Littledeer1

So cute...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: deccal
a reply to: DaRAGE

As far as I know, the death rate is calculatet between recovered and death persons. So death rate must be aroun %15. Correct me if I am wrong.

Well by the numbers most recent is
67188 confirmed cases.
1527 deaths
8580 recovered

1527 ÷ 8580 = 0.177972028
17.79% death rate to recovered.

I honestly don't think that's how the death rate is totalled but if it is then it's worse...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
On the MS Westerdam were 600 or so Americans and 78 with UK passports. What are the chances the 1 american confirmed in Malaysia is the only positive case?
Ship left Singapore mid Jan, no other cases or symptoms reported and they 'cleared' Cambodia's quarantine

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheIrvy2
There's a lot of info going around, and a lot of people looking to clutch at any straw that allows them to put themselves in the clear. Unfortunately, this idea that the virus targets people of Asian heritage more than other races is one of them. My understanding is that it came from a very small study with only 8 participants, and a similar study with over 200 participants showed that smoking was the linking factor that affected a persons' ACE2 levels and therefore susceptibility to the virus, and not race or gender. As a smoker who just recently quit, I can tell you that every cold I've had while I've smoked has been harder, has gone to my lungs faster and leaves me with a cough for weeks after the cold symptoms are gone. I have no problem believing that being a smoker is the danger factor, rather than any particular genetic targeting. Occam's razor applies.

Imagine if this had started in Norway and the main people (unsurprisingly) getting it and dying (since they'd been exposed to it first and for the longest) were blond haired, blue eyed Northern Europeans.

How much would you laugh at and call the Chinese uneducated idiots of they sat there saying - "oh well, the only people who've got it have blond hair and blue eyes, and that lady who died over here was 80 - she must *OBVIOUSLY* have had underlying health conditions that have caused this - and she's old - and white - and from Norway"

You laugh your heads off at them.

And yet this is what some of our esteemed idiots over here are doing.

And people want to believe it - because it makes them feel "safer".

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Go here...

ATS Avatar Creations

Their capabilities are beyond human! (especially, OM's!)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Look`s like ....SAFE .

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I'd place some pretty high suspicion on that "recovered" number.

Those are only cases where:
a. They were tested and confirmed positive
b. Were known by someone keeping track

I suspect there are tens of thousands of others who have recovered and nobody knows about it. Of course, the same could be said for deaths, but I think deaths are more easily tracked.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Roger that!

Can't take any chances!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

originally posted by: deccal
As far as I know, the death rate is calculatet between recovered and death persons. So death rate must be aroun %15. Correct me if I am wrong.

Well by the numbers most recent is
67188 confirmed cases.
1527 deaths
8580 recovered

1527 ÷ 8580 = 0.177972028
17.79% death rate to recovered.
I honestly don't think that's how the death rate is totalled but if it is then it's worse...

I think one uses the confirmed cases as the baseline...then finds the % of deaths or % of recoveries

although the criteria for 'confirmed cases' is ever-changing because at one point they tested for nCoV-19
then coronavirus
then for Covid19.... and the test kits are sill Unreliable as of today

Unreliable test kits because the health officials don't know if the incubation period o the illness is 3-5 days or up to 24 days ?!!

they're likely testing for different Flu's or Diseases, the way I see things
edit on th29158178559915532020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join