It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

I believe I said this:

I think it's a good end when people within an area can start to get their lives back to normal.

I'm not sure what part of that implies one day they're stuck in their box apartment in China and the next they walk out and everything was exactly like it was.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks, Kets. I have Instinct dry food so that works for them.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Chinese experts, based on the result of clinical trials, have confirmed that chloroquine phosphate, an antimalarial drug, has a certain curative effect on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The experts suggested the drug be included in the next version of the treatment guidelines and applied in wider clinical trials as soon as possible, Sun Yanrong, deputy head of the China National Center for Biotechnology Development under the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), said at a press conference.

Anti-malaria drug being tested for efficacy against COVID-19

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
POMPEO ON CORONAVIRUS:

“Censorship can have deadly consequences.”

“All nations, including Iran, should tell the truth about the #coronavirus and cooperate with international aid organizations."

twitter.com...

Yeah, that's great, but...Is the US being honest with us about confirmed cases?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
CNN reporting 57

more diamond princess

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest
Air Canada cancels flights to China until April as government braces for domestic coronavirus outbreak

Our Health Minister (in my mind, useless to date) has said today:

"Those measures are less effective and it's time to turn our attention and our resources to making sure we're prepared on the domestic stage," she said.

I have been quietly preparing and will get some more supplies tonight. Refill prescriptions. It’s winter here so we have been buying a few bags of firewood here and there in the event of any major power outage (just a good idea in general as we have had a few that lasted days to a week). We bought vitamins and electrolyte tabs, bleach, soap (bar laundry soap is a good idea), etc. Not panicking. Preparing as I expect things to get real here soon with the messages we have been receiving today.

I still haven’t seen the general public clue in yet, though. A guy at work today booked a cruise.

Interesting I have been casually checking Flight Aware regarding flights out of Peking, China. Several days ago flights where mostly within China and a few where heading to LA, Anchorage, New York and Oto, Japan. Today the only flights outside of China was 1 to Japan.

The stock markets and travel are great indicators as to what is really happening...
edit on 25-2-2020 by sirlancelot because: added

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

Cayman Island says nah ah.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader
mobile.twitter.com...

Cayman Island says nah ah.

Update from Bno Twitter

BREAKING: South Korea reports 169 new cases of coronavirus, raising total to 1,146

NEW: Cayman Islands government says it is denying entry to the Meraviglia cruise ship because 2 of its crew members aren't well. Jamaica also denied entry.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

I see in your link that the EU is not closing its borders, and the Italian was predictably the one to call it a "positive development".

We'll see how that works out. We saw how it went with the refugee crisis.

I worry because husband is scheduled to travel to Germany in about 4 weeks ...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

What is Covid-19 - the illness that started in Wuhan? It is caused by a member of the coronavirus family that has never been encountered before. Like other coronaviruses, it has come from animals. Many of those initially infected either worked or frequently shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesale market in the centre of the Chinese city.

What are the symptoms this coronavirus causes? The virus can cause pneumonia. Those who have fallen ill are reported to suffer coughs, fever and breathing difficulties. In severe cases there can be organ failure. As this is viral pneumonia, antibiotics are of no use. The antiviral drugs we have against flu will not work. Recovery depends on the strength of the immune system. Many of those who have died were already in poor health.

Should I go to the doctor if I have a cough? UK Chief Medical Officers are advising anyone who has travelled to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and who is experiencing a cough or fever or shortness of breath to stay indoors and call NHS 111, even if symptoms are mild. Is the virus being transmitted from one person to another? China’s national health commission has confirmed human-to-human transmission, and there have been such transmissions elsewhere. How many people have been affected? As of 25 February, the outbreak has affected 80,000 people globally. In mainland China there have been 2,663 deaths among 77,658 cases, mostly in the central province of Hubei. More than 12,000 people affected in China have already recovered.

What is coronavirus and what should I do if I have symptoms?

For those that may have forgotten, or just want some raw data.

edit on 25-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
If you live in a warm climate, or one that is warm sometimes, you have to take precautions against food weevils. Weevils don't FIND your food, they are a by-product of processing, and are shipped WITH your food. Sorry to tell everyone that didn't know...……… all your life you have been eating weevil eggs whenever you ate corn flour, wheat flour, pasta, rice, beans. Your pets have been eating them with their dried food.

So what do you do for long-term storage? Whenever you buy a grain product (and we are talking about Bisquik, pancake mix, rice mixes, etc. as well as corn flour, rice flour, wheat flour, dried pasta, beans, pet food, etc.) put them into a ziplock bag and freeze them for 24 hours. Freezing expands the weevil eggs, causing them to burst. After having put these things into a freezer for 24-hours, you can store them for a very long time without worry. I still keep them in the ziplock bags and write on them with a marker the date I purchased them. First in, first out. FIFO.

Brown rice will go bad fairly quickly. I prefer brown rice, but I store white rice, because it keeps much longer.

I live in the tropics, and I have flour stored that is more than four years old. No weevils. Never will be any, but I need to use that flour soon.

Be safe.

Fun so my 50lbs bag of white your saying I need to package into zip locks and freeze them? Damn this is a freakin lot of work.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Kets, I am not sure how the eu could close its borders, that would be pretty hard. Some towns actually share borders. 🤔

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

No I doubt it and this isn’t some secret military knowledge lol, it’s straight out of the scenario they ran. It’s impossible to test everyone, confirm every infection, and get true numbers. Plus they don’t want people freaking out so they will control information and social media. There’s also the economic impact they want to limit as much as possible. Luckily it doesn’t look like a really nasty strain for most of us. It looks like they are going to really push the 14 day self quarantine for most cases, severe and critical will be quarantined or treated in hospitals.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Kets, I am not sure how the eu could close its borders, that would be pretty hard. Some towns actually share borders. 🤔

How would they have done it when they were separate countries?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Not sure, but it will be hard to do I think.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Considering the topic came up, it's something that was discussed and talked about and is potentially on the table as a measure that could be employed.

The European Union will keep open borders despite the spread of coronavirus and pledged to take a “common position” in order to face the global challenge.

The ministers of health of Austria, Croatia, France, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Switzerland and San Marino met in Rome today. In a joint statement, they said that closing borders would be a “disproportionate and ineffective measure at this time.”

"At this time ..." Meaning the possibility exists and there are plans for how to do it?

www.cnn.com...

edit on 25-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

Just looking at a YouTube blogger " Heise says" on the Australian media mocking preppers, in the comments one prepper had a conversation with some woman that works for a government institution and said it was rampant in Indonesia but was being kept quiet to prevent panic. Looks like that's how the Aussie media will run with this thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
SK #s starting too resemble Wuhan

South Korea says 16,734 people are currently being tested for coronavirus, up from 13,880 last night. Many of them are being tested as a precaution.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I would expect countries that cannot handle it to keep it quiet until they can't hide it anymore.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: misfit312

Just looking at a YouTube blogger " Heise says" on the Australian media mocking preppers, in the comments one prepper had a conversation with some woman that works for a government institution and said it was rampant in Indonesia but was being kept quiet to prevent panic. Looks like that's how the Aussie media will run with this thing.

Best to just go shopping and see what shelves are near empty and buy that stuff. That's a beginning I would and had to start a week ago. Luckily I was 2 days ahead of the crowd of buyers for masks.

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join