It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

A 56-year-old woman in SW China's Sichuan Province was confirmed with novel coronavirus infection Monday. She tested negative eight times in nucleic acid diagnosis. #COVID19

twitter.com...

I'd like to know what the cost of 8 tests adds up to! I don't see too many average Americans paying for this many tests

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So looked on the Clinical trails website filtered the virus Clinical trails

48 studies from looking at the studies titles they appear to be attempting to use everything they have ever seen help a lung related illness.

They are developing a applet to report / help identify anyone seen heard of it ?
a Self-test and Self-alert Mobile Applet in Detecting Susceptible Infection of COVID-19 (COVID-19)

Well be interesting to see the results appearing soon.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

A 56-year-old woman in SW China's Sichuan Province was confirmed with novel coronavirus infection Monday. She tested negative eight times in nucleic acid diagnosis. #COVID19

twitter.com...

I'd like to know what the cost of 8 tests adds up to! I don't see too many average Americans paying for this many tests

After returning to Miami last month from a work trip in China, Osmel Martinez Azcue found himself in a frightening position: he was developing flu-like symptoms, just as coronavirus was ravaging the country he had visited.

Under normal circumstances, Azcue said he would have gone to CVS for over-the-counter medicine and fought the flu on his own, but this time was different. As health officials stressed preparedness and vigilance for the respiratory illness, Azcue felt it was his responsibility to his family and his community to get tested for novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19.

He went to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he said he was placed in a closed-off room. Nurses in protective white suits sprayed some kind of disinfectant smoke under the door before entering, Azcue said. Then hospital staff members told him he’d need a CT scan to screen for coronavirus, but Azcue said he asked for a flu test first.

“This will be out of my pocket,” Azcue, who has a very limited insurance plan, recalled saying. “Let’s start with the blood test, and if I test positive, just discharge me.”

But two weeks later, Azcue got unwelcome news in the form of a notice from his insurance company about a claim for $3,270.

Hospital officials at Jackson told the Miami Herald that, based on his insurance, Azcue would only be responsible for $1,400 of that bill, but Azcue said he heard from his insurer that he would also have to provide additional documentation: three years of medical records to prove that the flu he got didn’t relate to a preexisting condition.

edit on 2/24/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

SEOUL, Feb 25 (Reuters) - One of the cabin crew of Korean Air has tested positive for coronavirus, the airline said on Tuesday, prompting it to shut its office near the Incheon International Airport, where the crew briefing room is located.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No! For the love of God! Noooooo!

This is like testing for witches, if you drowned while having stones tied to you, you’re not a witch, if you didn’t you were then burned at the stake.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

Or Uncle Sam.... See: Not testing for coronavirus.

Center for Disinfo and Chaos more like...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

This whole thing was not testing people for the virus is highly suspicious and an easy way for them to keep numbers low, no testing, they want people to self quarantine if showing symptoms, that sets off my spidey senses.

Not sure about if people can get multiples of these things at once , interesting question for sure, hopefully an md here can confirm.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

So is it not just the cost of the Test but the cost of quarantine as well Or is that a normal Flu test cost in US?

So do we assume he didn't have cov-19?

Doesn't bode well if the cost of finding out if you can spread a 2.9% mortality, or higher is down to the individual's insurance plan.

Can't have a sick note to stay home because you can't afford the test to show how sick you are..... Frightening.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am currently on page 277 trying to get caught up on what's been posted today since I have been away from my computer or phone for most of the day.

Did want to post this little tidbit related to government contracts. In a prior post I had determined that a little over a million dollars had been allocated in government contracts related to the coronavirus. There is now one contract that has been posted that is more than double all of the previous contracts combined (minus the sole source contracts for which numbers were not available), that being this one:

Address
MOBILE, ALABAMA, 36693-5219
Unique Entity ID (DUNS)
Ultimate Parent: Entity Name
RAPID DEPLOYMENT INC
Ultimate Parent: Unique Entity ID (DUNS)
Contracting Agency
OFFICE OF ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE
Contracting Office
OFFICE OF ACQ MGMT POLICY
Action Obligation (current)
$2,532,042.00
Award Type
DELIVERY ORDER
Referenced IDV
75A50120D00001
Date Signed
Feb 23, 2020
NAICS Code
Product Service Code
R429

Description of Requirement
EMERGENCY RESPONSE SUPPORT SERVICES, (ERSS) FOR LAUNDRY, CUSTODIAL, MEALS AND TRASH SERVICE, ETC., AT BLDG 28, CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PREPAREDNESS (CDP) ANNISTON, AL 36205, IN SUPPORT OF THE CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY RESPONSE.

emphasis mine

RAPID DEPLOYMENT INC

Back to catching up on the thread.

tennisdawg, if you happen across this post and if you haven't already created it might I suggest The Gray Area for your thread?
edit on 24-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

edit on 24-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Indeed, now it's gone from fires to floods to pandemics, bloody he'll at least there's hasn't been a volcano ....yet.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: bally001

Indeed, now it's gone from fires to floods to pandemics, bloody he'll at least there's hasn't been a volcano ....yet.

You missed the plague of locusts. www.france24.com...

I for one, am going for Giant Meteor aka. "fire from heavens."
edit on 2/24/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

That's the spin, if you don't test for it cant be confirmed that you have it, so all is well depending on your way of thinking. We cant even look at China because they are playing games. But it looks like something really bad is going down in Wuhan. Which has escaped confinement . So saying things like theirs a different strain of the virus in different countries, might be true but unlikely. So logically after all is said and done until a vaccine is produced we can expect a developing situation globally the same as which is in Wuhan. That's what we must plan for. Am I right?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
off-topic meandering
edit on 24-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Update Feb 24/2020 - 11pm
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada
3 Toronto,Ont., 7 British Columbia, 1 London,Ont. Total 11+43=54
Update on Diamond Princess : 2016-020 Sunday Tokyo time 5 pm
Canada: 43 Canadians are currently infected

Feb. 23/20 - 1 new presumptive confirmed case in Ontario, Canada.
BREAKING: Ontario's chief medical officer of health has confirmed a new presumptive positive case of coronavirus in Toronto.The woman arrived in Canada from China on Feb. 21 and presented at North York General Hospital with an intermittent cough that was improving. She was discharged and, per protocols, went into self-isolation
mobile.twitter.com...

Feb. 24/20 - 1 new case in British Columbia, Canada.
VICTORIA - A seventh case of the novel coronavirus has been diagnosed in British Columbia, bringing to 11 the number of cases in Canada.
Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said Monday a man in his 40s who is a close contact of the sixth case in the province has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
infotel.ca...

Feb. 23/20 - 159 more confirm + 604 South Korea = Total 763
Feb. 24/20 - 130 more confirm + 763 South Korea = Total 893

Feb. 20/20 - 13 more confirm Total at 634 + 94 Japan = Total 728
Feb. 21/20 - 11 more confirm Total at 634 + 105 Japan = Total 739
Feb. 22/20 - 17 more confirm Total at 634 + 135 Japan = Total 769
Feb. 23/20 - 12 more confirm Total at 691 + 147 Japan = Total 838
Feb. 24/20 - 12 more confirm Total at 691 + 159 Japan = Total 850

multimedia.scmp.com...

docs.google.com...

JHU press release about the development of the dashboard:
hub.jhu.edu...

Save this Preparedness and Response Plan offline
www.hopkins-cepar.org...
Also
www.who.int...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
In Tn here , a co worker had flu and ended up in hospital with pneumonia. Made it through fine but still 👨‍🚀🧐a reply to: liejunkie01

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Mabey but think of the legal implications if this was not an act of God . You would have to cover your ass by saying " but how can you prove that Grandpa died of this virus. He was never tested." Their is a responsibility of care when dealing with dangerous things, if it can be proven the compensation payable would be crippling. If it leaked from the Lab, then the Lab would pass the buck, then who they got it off would pass the buck , they might say they were contracting for the USG. Either way it would need some entity with deep pockets. For its development. They would also have to have a vaccine or it would be a loose cannon. Also a few of the main players seem to have died which is interesting as these days you can die for what you know. All very fishy ...Trump is making India the New China, so it looks like they might be history anyway.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Wuhan coronavirus patient cremated alive?China Covid19武漢新冠狀病毒病人被活著火化?

This video is of a conservations that takes place in a taxi. It describes a scene where someone has been bagged up ready for the crematorium, but still moving before being thrown in.

Wow, really hope this is not true, and get debunked.

edit on 2020-2-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Not much news out of NorK, but according to this article, you can easily identify the top 1% "Central Committee ministers" because they have been ordered to wear domestically made cotton masks.

www.dailynk.com...

But no worries, they already shot the only two people that had the virus, and everyone they had contact with.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Just ran to Sams Club and picked up bulk of most of that. I dont want to get stuck in panicied crowded lines in case the SHTF where Im at in Florida.

The wife and I were at the local Sam's Club in Tallahassee today (Monday). Nothing looking out of the ordinary with people making purchases. We just picked up some more paper products and a few things like spices to top off our lock down preparations. Just got a few more things to do and we'll be as ready as we are every going to be. Just wish I believed that the "no news is good news" is true here in Florida.

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join