It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: musicismagic
For those of you reading this: If possible go out and buy them masks. You heard from mim.

Again, if you can buy masks, do it today.

I echo this. Even if you don't want to buy masks, just have a look, see if you can.

Over a month ago, before this was a thing, I tried to buy masks. P2, N95, P95, FFP2, similar/equivalent grades or better. I buy these for my company and they were out of stock well before any panic buying. They were bought up by government (my opinion). It was way too early for the millions that would have been available to go out of stock.

These are very common masks, used from DIY to food packaging industry, they are used everywhere. But everywhere is sold out. In countries that have no epidemic. Have a look. Find a P2 mask. Something that usually costs around $1, £1, 1 euro is now out of stock.

Heck, earlier this week I bought a pair of face masks (the ones with replaceable side canisters), extra cannisters, and protective goggles from the local Lowes hardware chain. Not a problem. The guy wanted to know what I was getting all that stuff for. We just told him we were doing a lot of sanding and painting. If he didn't know about the coronavirus, I wasn't in any mood to educate him about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: weirdguy

One thing that is pretty clear with all the genetic and hereditary reports going on is 2019-nCoV has a closest match to a bat coronavirus. Where opinions diverge is what was the intermediary of the genetic variation to start infecting and killing people?

After reading one report that genetic lab work was going on to alter bat coronavirus so its spike protein can attach to the ACE2 receptor has a viable intermediary written all over it.

Is this why China does not want to let scientist into Wuhan? Just what exactly was going on in that lab? Is the world every going to see a genetic comparison report between 2019-nCoV and SHC014-CoV?

You pretty well said it all Kev. If a person of Chinese persuasion has the virus or/and other country is their destination then they will have to expect quarantine. If hey don't and do a runner I and others will hunt them down. Put it out there now Gov. This virus kills Asians. The virus is a consequence of poor management or greed.

Bring it on China.

Bally

edit on 21-2-2020 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Would you throw stones?

Ukrainians are not known for their calm demeanor.

Those are also suspected, untested or unconfirmed cases, heading to quarantine, possibly without the levels of measures that will be needed, so in a sense I can understand that particular anger.

But...

Would there really be this type of response to "officially recovered" people?

People keep saying that they wouldn't speak up due to fear... do we really let the thugs win?

If we're to the point where no-one in the world is willing to speak out due to fear, then we really have lost as humanity and may as well give up now.

Sounds like I'll be stoned to death by the inhumane viscous world in which we live if I get this virus (as it will be hard to keep me silent)... if so, good riddance.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

South Korea has reported 100 new cases of coronavirus so far today

twitter.com...

holy hell...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I'll try to answer your question a wee bit from a tactical military point of view (that is there use and advantage within a battle space/forward edge of battle area). Firstly you have to remember Chemical/ Biological weapons are outlawed by the LOAC (Law of Armed Conflict)/Geneva Convention. The view I'm giving is also that of using this type of an attack against an opposing armed force, not a civil population. I'm UK military. Apologies for the crap tying, predictive text and sausage fingers, can't be bothered to correct.

CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiologiacl, Nuclear) weapons can be delivered in any number of way by various munitions and delivery methods, depending on the intended use, desired effect etc etc. I'm not going to discuss Radiological or nuclear here.

Both Chemical and Biological weapons are primarily used to deny the enemy use of an area (they may not even occupy at the time), slow the enemy down, hindered their operations. Operating in such an environment in stills fear, caution, degrades effectiveness and has the potential to cause casualties.

For an attack to be effect it must be delivered in quantity and the agent must be in a strength to cause death within a short period of time.

Chemical agents are good for this but don't last long. The advantage would be from residual vapours as the agent evaporates creating an additional threat.

Biological is probably the most deadly but not the most effect for a battlefield delivery, it's must be high in strength, think Anthrax for example.

Not sure if I explained that very well.

Remember I'm not looking at this from a strategic point of view.

It isn't much of a weapon if you use a virus that is slow acting and infects everyone, even your own, with no known treatment or cure and is not able to be controlled. That is not the purpose of a Chemical/Biological weapon in warfare at a tactical level.

edit on 21-2-2020 by Brick17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

yea, tbh the east of europe doesnt have many imigrants ( sorry but it is true! of any nationality) for this specific reason, but personally i wouldnt!, i mean breaking the bus windows with stones *facepalm* if you didnt want to be exposed to the virus that sure isnt going to help!, at least up till then it was relatively contained in the bus!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Who the fudge is running this sh# show! A sheet of plastic to separate the infected on a 747 flying pressurized tube with recirculating air systems for heat, AGAINST the CDC Instructions, are they that damn stupid? Between almost no straight Info from China, Facepalm screw ups after screw ups, Something is definitely not right about this whole thing. It’s like a bad Monty Python 2020 movie script.

Well, after watching that YouTube video mentioned earlier about the Chinese secret project to render their enemies as being "retarded", maybe they were successful. And got this "agent" to infect the people in our government who are in charge of all this. If we judge them by what they are doing, I would have to say it is a distinct possibility.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

For an attack to be effect it must be delivered in quantity and the agent must be in a strength to cause death within a short period of time.

this, is why it doesnt look like a weapon, you dont want to make your enemy sick and give them long enough to survive and " push the button" on a response!( just my opinion on that though)

a reply to: Brick17

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

If a person of Chinese persuasion has the virus or/and other country is their destination then they will have to expect quarantine.

This horse bolted a while ago. It started in China and at this time most infected are Chinese, but it is spreading amongst the global population and all ethnicities are at risk and being exposed. It is the long incubation time that can spread the disease until symptoms surface that makes this disease uncontainable.

I do agree with implementing quarantine procedures to help limit the spread, but it needs to focus on everyone not just Chinese. With China being so cagey with the real situation on the ground it does make it tough getting the public aware just how much of a threat this is. Without trucks Australia does stop, is the threat that bad that this needs serious consideration?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i am from indonesia, 2 weeks ago all of my boss go to bangkok, and they come back with no sickness, but yesterday one of them take to the hospita l..this is so scary, hope God help us (sory for my bad english)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: lostsock
a reply to: SailorJerry
Who had the brilliant idea of having all or almost all of medicine to be produced in 1 country???? Hopefully those people are currently rethinking that idea.

Good question, india has the same problem

I think I read that the Chinese aggressively pursued it as a goal--underpricing their competition to the point that all production ended up in their country--and actively buying up companies.

This wasn't the article that I read, but here's one like it.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 21-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: ketsuko

So when and if I get sick, I get to deal with doctors not knowing what is going on?

Well, yes, but that is pretty much SOP for the health care industry today. I have concluded--as have a number of friends and relatives independently--that if you don't know what's going on, neither will your physician.

Signed,
Transplant patient of 30 years
edit on 21-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: ketsuko

So when and if I get sick, I get to deal with doctors not knowing what is going on?

Well, yes, but that is pretty much SOP for the health care industry today. I have concluded--as have a number of friends and relatives independently--that if you don't know what's going on, neither will your physician.

Signed,
Transplant patient of 30 years

Wise words indeed....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: primalfractal

I agree with the overwhelming of the public health system here, especially with hospitals at 60% capacity already

60% capacity? Is that right? That seems very low.

In the UK for example, targets are set to have 85% capacity, but targets aren't met year after year. Even before this, estimates were that hospitals were running at 95-99% capacity, becoming overwhelmed with normal flu seasons.

edit on 21-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: musicismagic
For those of you reading this: If possible go out and buy them masks. You heard from mim.

Again, if you can buy masks, do it today.

I echo this. Even if you don't want to buy masks, just have a look, see if you can.

Over a month ago, before this was a thing, I tried to buy masks. P2, N95, P95, FFP2, similar/equivalent grades or better. I buy these for my company and they were out of stock well before any panic buying. They were bought up by government (my opinion). It was way too early for the millions that would have been available to go out of stock.

These are very common masks, used from DIY to food packaging industry, they are used everywhere. But everywhere is sold out. In countries that have no epidemic. Have a look. Find a P2 mask. Something that usually costs around $1, £1, 1 euro is now out of stock.

Heck, earlier this week I bought a pair of face masks (the ones with replaceable side canisters), extra cannisters, and protective goggles from the local Lowes hardware chain. Not a problem. The guy wanted to know what I was getting all that stuff for. We just told him we were doing a lot of sanding and painting. If he didn't know about the coronavirus, I wasn't in any mood to educate him about it.

Sorry I was talking about disposables. The cheap readily available ones. The ones that should have been abundant everywhere over a month ago. Proper respirators are better, and more expensive, and still available (for now)
edit on 21-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Without trucks Australia does stop, is the threat that bad that this needs serious consideration?

What I do understand with the situation at this time. Fatality rate 3%, Serious rate 15-20%. Based on a variety or reports.

A person can start sheading the virus after 1-2 days of infection. This is based on a study that looked at a bat coronavirus that had its spike changed to match the ACE2 receptor. Link, page 4.

SHC014-CoV was significantly (p < 0.01) attenuated in primary human airway epithelial cultures at both 24 and 48 hours post infection

There have been other reports that infection can start within a day, about 5-6 days is more common for people to start to notice it. A few reports stretch out to 14-28 days.

With infection generally first established in the lungs, it does attack the epithelial cells which provide a protection barrier. Increased potential for further infection from other diseases. Liver and kidney damage common in serious cases. Questions of potential immune system damage through the Fc receptor remain.

Synthetic construction of chimeric mutant and full length SHC014-CoV were approved by the University of North Carolina Institutional Biosafety Committee and the Dual Use Research of Concern committee.

Could be a couple of possible leads for finding out more about SHC014-CoV. China seams reluctant with its data.

With numbers like this it is quite likely we will all hear or know someone directly affected by this diseases. Hospitals will be overwhelmed as the virus takes hold in the community. Promoting self isolation and stay at home if you are sick is wise. Try and let industry work its way through it on a case by case manner. Some government priority of vital resources may be required if things get really bad. Hearing stories of what my Grandma went through during the war comes to mind with only the very basics available for a while.

Get ready for a bad flu season this year, try and keep it together before it goes all Mad Max as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

In the UK for example, targets are set to have 85% capacity, but targets aren't met year on year. Even before this estimates were that hospitals were running at 95-99% capacity, becoming overwhelmed with normal flu seasons.

We couldn't cope with a huge outbreak in the U.K. Our doctors and nurses do thier absolute best but they just can't keep up with the time wasters and constant illnesses.

A few years ago, I stood on a nail so i went to A&E. I was sat next to a guy who's nose was pretty banged up. He told me he'd been sat there for an hour. Within 20 minutes, I was called. I explained that the guy need attenton more than me, and they took him first.

Sadly, the NHS in England is at breaking point. We would not cope if the Coronavirus hit us big.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

Too many people in England, for such a small island....it's why I bailed, that and it's rains all the time and it is cold and sucks...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Tokyo , Japan Update: 6 pm Feb. 21 Friday evening

1. This is not good at all. Parents were called in to pick up their children. New virus confirmed in Hokkaido three people infected Two brothers in elementary school. Both are recovering. That is great news so far.
2. 3 women in Hokkaido ( northen island in Japan ) are infected
3. 8 people total now infected in Hokkaido
4. the above lady is a quarantine officer is in charge of checking the temperature of airport users by monitoring the thermography monitor at the quarantine station at the new Chitose Airport
5. Japan now is calling to restrain travelers from : Federated States of Micronesia, Tonga, Samoa, Israel, Kiribati, the Solomon Islands, South Korea, Thailand and Bhutan have been infected with new coronaviruses. Not sure if the restraints are in order yet
6. USA and Taiwan have now been warned about traveling to Japan (has this hit the US airwaves yet )?
7. The outbreaks of the new coronavirus have been confirmed on the cruise ship Diamond Princess, a total of 634 passengers and crew members as of 2-21
8. 717 passengers left the boat so far, 443 on the 19th and 274 on the 20th, and the passengers were disembarked by 5:00 pm on the 21st
9. complete disembarkation "should " be completed 2-22 Friday (actually I'm not sure what that meant) maybe I'll have an update tonight on that date
10. 2 Australians tested positive while returning to Australia (translation may not be exact )
11. 4 other Australians had high fever
12. 164 Australians were on the air lifted aircraft
13. most people that left the cruise liner still are worried
14. the 2 children are brothers age 10 and the other younger ( Hokkaido )
15. the parents immediately got to the school and picked up their kids after the school called them
16. new infection of pre-school child in Saitama (was in Wuhan )
17. father of child infected also
18. 634 people on the liner have been infected
19. 714 people left the ship on Wednesday
20. I don't have the number that disembarked 2-21 Thursday (may come in tonight or tomorrow
21. plan is to have all passengers and crew members off the liner on Friday 2-22 Tokyo time

That's it for now.
Thanks ATS members for reading my updates

edit on 0200000027382020-02-21T04:38:27-06:00382702am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000012402020-02-21T04:40:12-06:00401202am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0200000016022020-02-21T06:02:16-06:00021602am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This virus is moving so fast I can't keep up!!

2 more confirmed in Italy today including 1 in ICU in his 30s. No travel to China.

13 new cases in Iran including 2 new deaths.

Hundreds in S Korea.

And 1 case in California (already mentioned in this thread), no travel with that one that I could see.

Pandemic yet? WHO knows.

Source BNO news.

Does anyone have a link to the earlier post about what supplies we would need for a month? I've got some things but am sure I'm not prepped fully. I have a small inner city place so no real storage but don't want to be caught short if food does run low

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join