It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaking Spiders!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
For the last 2 months I have been under attack by SPIDERS. It all started around Jan, 11. My mother was in town for a visit. She all ways brings her little dog. He sleeps with her every night. There for they both sleep with me when they are here. I try to avoid sleeping with them because that dog is a vicious little ass when it come to bed space. Don't get me wrong I love that little dog I just don't like sleeping with it. I tried sleeping on the couch, but it is to hard and kills me the next day. So I finally break around 3 am and get in bed. Oddly enough the little dog dose not attack me so far good. Then about 5 am I wake up to my right arm is on fire and itching like crazy. I get up and look at my arm and something has bitten me I kid you not 9 times. So I rubbed it down with alcohol. So I am awake and still tired. Finally my Mom wakes up she got bite by her eye. She looks like someone punched her. Her eye is swollen shut. She drives back home with 1 eye working doc gives her antibiotics. I finally get some sleep on the couch wake the next day and a snow storm is coming. I look at my arm and its all swollen and red. So I rub it down again with alcohol and mark around the redness to see if it is spreading. Then I go buy food for a week cause of the snow storm. I get home and put everything up and I sit down to rest. Then I notice blood on my pants and I;m like WTF my arm has swollen so much it literally busted a seem lol, and the redness has spread up my arm. Time for the hospital. Now I have been down this road before got bit by a spider in another state and had to got to the hospital. Back then they just gave me antibiotics intravenously for a few hours and then I am on my merry way. I all so got bit a few years back in the house I live now . Same thing I.V, but this time I became allergic to one of the antibiotics that they used the first time. So I can't use it anymore and it's one of the main ones they use to fight these spider bites. So I thought I would be out in a few hours and be home. But no they say your getting a room for a day. well it turned into 4 days and the CDC looking at me every day. God I was so bored. I had forgot my phone at home. Did I mention that I hate needles. So on day 3 after moving the I.V 2 times my arm could not take it anymore. I had to put my foot down and said no more I.V. so they started me on pills, and tried to keep for 5 days I said no way. So they give me 7 more days of pills and to seem my doctor on day 7. Morning of day 7 wake up to new bits. This time only 2. Doctor gives me 10 more days of pills, wants me to come back in 7 days to see how its going. 7 days later I wake up to 5 new bites, 2 on my face. I go back to the Doctor and I am still on the pills . He said take them all and if I have a problem give him a call. So I go home and call an exterminator and he comes sprays the whole house. Every things good the first night no new bites .So at 3 am last night I wake up with new bites but this time its my left arm and hand. I am at my wits end. I am afraid to sleep in my own bed. I don't know what to do. I am so tired. [ cry]
edit on 11-2-2020 by DrumsRfun because: fixed all caps title

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sistinas
Pull your bed out from the wall and clean behind the headboard. Sounds like the nasty things are hiding back there.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Sounds like you're gonna have to burn your house down.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

yup - i concur - clease it with fire

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Explore the possibility of bedbugs. Even with quarterly pest control they get in the house now and then. Especially in the South. I was bitten in the back of the head by one and had blood on the pillow. I never felt it and the blood patch is bizarre, about the size of a quarter. They make stuff to kill them. Our guy died. We surmise the cat killed him.

All of us also have those microscopic invisible Dust Mite monsters that eat our dead skin and cause allergies. They hang in the mattress. Try a box of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda and sprinkle it all over the mattress after removing the sheets. Then leave on for 4 hours, vacuum and flip it over and do the other side. It will kill them and remove any odors from the mattress.

Dust mites live in our sheets, feeding on dead skin that is shed from our bodies. Our skin supports a wide variety of life, including fungi, tiny mites in our eyelash follicles, and several types of bacteria.

edit on 11-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Spiders, cousins of scorpions and crab's.

In the Amazon and elsewhere there are native people that eat them and a travelogue guy who tasted some roast spider said it tasted like crab but less salty.

Personally I would not eat them but apparently a lot of us do but never even realize, it happen's when we are asleep.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Just this morning I had to save a small torpid (Cold here at the moment) black spider that had somehow come into the open back door as one of our cat's was out, he LOVES to eat spiders but since I doubt that eating them is very good for him I chose to save it and put it into the back garden were hopefully it will perhaps if lucky avoid the odd sparrow and finch that may not be as kindly as I was.

Now on a more serious (and less creepy) note it all depend's on where you live, in England we are mostly lucky as our spiders are mostly harmless though there is a foreign species that has started to proliferate in the wild due to mild winters and warming climate that is not so nice but if you live anywhere else in the world (particularly Australia) it may be better to see if you can solve this issue fast, some of those species native to those areas are or can be if you are in poor health actually very dangerous.

Then again be thankful you did not live hundreds of millions of years ago.

Imagine that hiding under your bed or your duvet or waking up with that on the pillow next to you coming toward your head.

haha sorry I really could not resist.

This site may be more help though it is only one of many and it may be worth looking up tips from were ever you are in the world as this is more suitable for UK spiders.
www.express.co.uk...

edit on 11-2-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I don't know about spiders cause the first thing I'd look for is dog fleas. Where do you live? I didn't know the US had spiders that venomous.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Another thing you can do is put sticky trap boards under the bed along the wall. If it's really spiders, they should get stuck on there and that's proof you have them.

Otherwise, I was thinking bedbugs too. They tend to leave bits in a row. Them or fleas. You mentioned a dog. You could be allergic to the saliva and it's causing a reaction that's making the itching and swelling.

I know I'm super allergic to chiggers. If I get a bite on the back of my knee, it can swell up to the size of a small lemon and it itches like mad to the point where I need stuff from the doctor or else I've been known to take red hot pins to them to try to burn them off.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Corporal Hicks has a solution for this, follow his advice.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yellow Sac Spiders wander out of their way for me... but I have to agree with others, the fast, repeated, bites sounds like what I ran into in a hotel in Texas.

Human Fleas.

It's still a Flea, Flea, but it has taken on the taste for human blood.

I fell asleep in a hotel easy chair once while staying in Tyler, Texas and woke up with 39 bites from the knee down, mainly on my right leg. It travel just as far as the clothing would allow. I got munched on....

Still have the scars.

Never stopping in Tyler...

edit on 11-2-2020 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It really doesn't sound like spider bites. The only American spider I can think of that would cause those symptoms is the brown recluse. They're actually very docile, so getting that many bites just doesn't seem at all likely. Given one bite can give you those symptoms, multiple bites would probably cause you to lose your arm. I'm thinking a severe allergic reaction to bed bugs.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My 2 cents: I enjoy providing spiders with their daily supply of recommended vitamins and minerals- it makes me feel useful.

There is a spider living next to my bed that has a fondness for ears and eyebrows, I set out a wee bottle of sriracha sauce and a napkin for her.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sounds like fleas or bedbugs to me. Would suggest sticky traps to catch a few to be sure though. Also if you can find one I would put a mattress cover on your bed like this one.

Mattress cover link.

If they can't get out of the mattress they can't get you! And treat all the animals for fleas too. Advantix II, Frontline, something like that.

God I hate fleas.

PS A do it yourself flea trap. Take a desk lamp and put it over a shallow pan filled with a inch of water and a couple of drops of dish detergent like Dawn or similar. Let it run overnight and see if any of the little buggers are in the water in the morning. If there is then also treat the carpet around it with flea spray immediately. There's probably 5 to 10 fleas around it for every one in the trap.

Expect to be at war with them for a couple of months.
edit on 11-2-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"EEEEEEEEEE EEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEE EE EEEEEEEEEE."
-EEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Burn it down.

Any idea what kind of spiders?

I'd say go for a multi-front assault:

Bug bombs
glue traps
diatomaceous earth.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

But why would her mother have an eye swollen shut from just one bite, unless it was venomous.

First thing I though of, too, was a brown recluse, because of the reaction.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Bed bugs maybe

Or human fleas

But brown recluse don't bite that many times...not the culprit imho

Be well

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
Bed bugs maybe

Or human fleas

But brown recluse don't bite that many times...not the culprit imho

Be well
I once encountered bed bugs in a Scottsdale, AZ motel. Horrifying. I was so worried I might bring them home with me, I was imagining them crawling on me the entire 7-hour ride home. Thank God, I dodged that bullet.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Unlikely to be spiders, more likely bed bugs or possibly fleas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join